What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

2677372.jpg
is this a Chinese ship??

then our photographers are really talented... to take the worst shot of anything.

Not really, it is a quite good shot, since the destroyer will always raise the flag of the partner countries during a joint military drill.

It also could be a metaphor that in the near future that China may use the blueprint of the Type 052D to assist Iran to build the next gen destroyer Negin.

Not really, it is a quite good shot, since the destroyer will always raise the flag of the partner countries during a joint military drill.

It also could be a metaphor that in the near future that China may use the blueprint of the Type 052D to assist Iran to build the next gen destroyer Negin.
I must congratulate chinese people for the construction of such a beautiful destroyer.. It appears the most streamlined and well thought of design. I sure hope Iranian naval architects and engineer will be able to take advantage of this visit and familiarize themselves with new Hull designs. Iran has done wonderfully in the past two decades in ship building considering that this country started with a minimum industrial base as compared to China.

when were you made a mod on PDF? or you just decided to start policing me like a volunteer job with no pay because i pointed out the falacies and bad logic you sometimes use on this forum?

ON topic - People like you are in for a big surprise because the problem with your logic about US naval strength is you overestimate Americas ability and willingness to use its military/navy. US doesnt use its navy against Iran because it knows it wont achieve its aim via that way. simple. so keep talking about german U boats cuz thats your weird obsession..

HERE:

Again more reading comprehension by the forum illiterate. Using fishing boats to smuggle a few arms is not breaking the blockade. Iran literally tried to pass 2-3 Navy ships and in the end decided it wasn’t worth it. A bunch of film bazi.

Also the point was in reference to the other forum member that didn’t know that US was directly involved in Yemen war. He thanked me for my information. So it seems you want to argue like some old Khale zanak. I don’t have time for that sorry.

Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan all doubted that US would use its military might/navy when needed. And look what happened.

So please don’t underestimate a Navy armada of 490 ships like its nothing. If Iran had that many you wouldn’t be singing the same tune.

Again no point in talking to you as you are clearly illiterate and of low intellect. I don’t need to argue with Iran military fanboys that only see the world in one lens.

WRONG. The basic design of the Kowsar is based on the F-5, however the Kowsar jets are manufactured in Iran from the ground up, with 80% or more of the parts being manufactured in Iran. The Kowsar is actually the culmination of a decades long program which began with maintenance and repairs and then led to optimizing, modernizing F-5's and then finally reverse engineering and building Iranian versions of the F-5.

Kowsar isn't a real domestically built jet it's an upgrade derived from pre-existing stockpiles of F-5s.

Iran has done wonderfully in the past two decades in ship building considering that this country started with a minimum industrial base as compared to China.

Sir, China in 1979 (before Iranian revolution) 90% of China population was living in extreme poverty living on under $1 per day. So actually China was further behind than Iran.

Due to Shah and early miscues by early Islamic Republic (not opening up to international trade) Iran regressed and undercut its own potential.

I must congratulate chinese people for the construction of such a beautiful destroyer.. It appears the most streamlined and well thought of design. I sure hope Iranian naval architects and engineer will be able to take advantage of this visit and familiarize themselves with new Hull designs. Iran has done wonderfully in the past two decades in ship building considering that this country started with a minimum industrial base as compared to China.

China needs to deepen its military ties with Iran, since it is crucial for our one belt one road strategy.

China will be glad to help Iran to design its next gen Aegis destroyer and nuclear sub.

Sir, China in 1979 (before Iranian revolution) 90% of China population was living in extreme poverty living on under $1 per day. So actually China was further behind than Iran.

Due to Shah and early miscues by early Islamic Republic (not opening up to international trade) Iran regressed and undercut its own potential.

Compared to other ME countries, I would say that Iran has done a good job for building up its indigenous military industry.

Being more independent is the most important aspect of all.

China needs to deepen its military ties with Iran, since it is crucial for our one belt one road strategy.

China will be glad to help Iran to design its next gen Aegis destroyer and nuclear sub.

Compared to other ME countries, I would say that Iran has done a good job for building up its indigenous military industry.

Being more independent is the most important aspect of all.

Iran could have been MUCH further ahead. Unfortunately the early IR of Iran was filled more with religious zeal than pragmatic nature found today.

Iran was actually under VERY LITTLE sanctions post Revolution. Just US trade embargo, but even that didn’t stop firms like Dick Cheney’s Halliburton from having office in Tehran in 90’s.

Instead of attracting massive foreign investment and branching into international trade. Iran was too busy following the “neither East nor West” slogan and was suspicious of any major foreign investment by any country.

This hurt Iran greatly later on when more and more sanctions were put on it. Too little too late to start attracting foreign investment outside of energy sector.

This is clearly evident by the GDP growth in Iran from 1990-2005 and the GDP growth of Turkey during the same period.

Yeah but look at Turkey's economy now. Their country is completely dependent on a constant influx of EUR's and USD's. The west can pull the plug on them at any time and cripple them completely.10 yrs ago 1USD = 1.2 Lira NOW 1 USD =6 Lira and that's without serious sanctions imposed on their economy.

Iran could have been MUCH further ahead. Unfortunately the early IR of Iran was filled more with religious zeal than pragmatic nature found today.

Iran was actually under VERY LITTLE sanctions post Revolution. Just US trade embargo, but even that didn’t stop firms like Dick Cheney’s Halliburton from having office in Tehran in 90’s.

Instead of attracting massive foreign investment and branching into international trade. Iran was too busy following the “neither East nor West” slogan and was suspicious of any major foreign investment by any country.

This hurt Iran greatly later on when more and more sanctions were put on it. Too little too late to start attracting foreign investment outside of energy sector.

This is clearly evident by the GDP growth in Iran from 1990-2005 and the GDP growth of Turkey during the same period.

Yeah but look at Turkey's economy now. Their country is completely dependent on a constant influx of EUR's and USD's. The west can pull the plug on them at any time and cripple them completely.10 yrs ago 1USD = 1.2 Lira NOW 1 USD =6 Lira and that's without serious sanctions imposed on their economy.

Turkish economy is still treading positive? So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Currency exchange rate is not a barameter of economic success. A weak lira currency actually helps Turkish companies export more and attracts more foreign investment.

Turkey GDP 850B
Iran GDP 440B

Note: Turkey has no significant energy (oil/gas) like Iran does.

Anyway you slice it Iran needs $1 Trillion in foreign investment in various sectors over next 10-20 years. No reason why Iran shouldnt have a $1 Trillion GDP in the future, just needs foreign capital.

Also US won’t do **** to Turkey because Turkey is a NATO member and supplies the most troops to NATO. If US tries to hurt Turkey they know Russia/China will step in and take advantage.

So I don’t see US trying draconian sanctions on Turkey in the near future. Also Turkey doesn’t oppose Israel too much (mostly rhetoric) and is aligned with Western backed world order.

Then according to your logic, the recent fall in Iran's currency is a good thing as well ? It can help Iranians sell more ? Well you could say that about any countries currency being devalued. Japan devalued their currency on purpose a few years ago.

Iran is currently being subjected to the most stringent, harshest sanctions in human history, you can't compare it's economy to a country like Turkey with an open market. Also much of Iran's economy is currently under the table. What you see on paper is one thing. The oil Iran sells under the table is another. There are lots of small and medium sized businesses investing in Iran, however they're keeping their activity in the dark out of fear of sanctions.

The US and EU are about to impose some harsher sanctions on Turkey. They don't give a sh#t about Turkey. To them it's just another vassal state. if they fall out of line then they will be punished. Simple as that. Right now their economy is not doing very well. It's mostly just fueled by debt.

Here is a prototype of an electric car they're releasing in 2022. Looks like a Tesla knock off. It's designed by an Italian firm. Electric doesn't really make sense in Iran where gasoline prices are still relatively cheap even with the recent increase. If they can produce it for a really cheap price they can maybe export some ? Although with Germany being right there it's going to be difficult. However if this ends up costing anything close to as much as a Honda, Nissan EV or even a Hyundai EV, I don't see too many people buying it. Maybe some Turkish fanboys and Erdogans family and friends ?

Turkish economy is still treading positive? So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Currency exchange rate is not a barameter of economic success. A weak lira currency actually helps Turkish companies export more and attracts more foreign investment.

Turkey GDP 850B
Iran GDP 440B

Note: Turkey has no significant energy (oil/gas) like Iran does.

Anyway you slice it Iran needs $1 Trillion in foreign investment in various sectors over next 10-20 years. No reason why Iran shouldnt have a $1 Trillion GDP in the future, just needs foreign capital.

Also US won’t do **** to Turkey because Turkey is a NATO member and supplies the most troops to NATO. If US tries to hurt Turkey they know Russia/China will step in and take advantage.

So I don’t see US trying draconian sanctions on Turkey in the near future. Also Turkey doesn’t oppose Israel too much (mostly rhetoric) and is aligned with Western backed world order.

Back
Top Bottom