What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Thanks! They want to build 6 of them right?
just 1 as far as i know but after they build Khalij Fars Iran said they will start building destroyers in that class that means those destroyers will be at least 2 times bigger then Moje class destroyers.

New-Iranian-DD-Persian-Gulf-Class.jpg

you can see there size difference your self, the bottom is Moje class destroyer ( yellow one ) and the upper one is the Khalij Fars class the next size for our next generation destroyers.

1711887_-_main.jpg

just 1 as far as i know but after they build Khalij Fars Iran said they will start building destroyers in that class that means those destroyers will be at least 2 times bigger then Moje class destroyers.

New-Iranian-DD-Persian-Gulf-Class.jpg

you can see there size difference your self, the bottom is Moje class destroyer ( yellow one ) and the upper one is the Khalij Fars class the next size for our next generation destroyers.

1711887_-_main.jpg

Why in the world does Khalij Fars have so many damn windows? This isn’t a cruise ship! What the hell are those little windows going to do?

This design is straight garbage. I expect that is why we haven’t heard of the ship. It needs another upper structure redesign and RCS reduction.

Also if they put those damn anti ship launchers that ship will be a bigger joke. Either launch with VLS or don’t put that thing in the water.

Obviously major purpose of Khalij Fars is to teach each potential Navy cadet class on how to operate a bigger ship so they don’t go crash into a rock or maroon themselves. As well as give Iranian engineers a “prototype” Ship to work out the bugs and flaws.

Nonetheless, that design needs rework. I will be surprised if they launch based on that design. Might just be a very early mock up.

Khalij Fars ship is 7500 tons
1711887_-_main.jpg

China Type 052D is 7500 tons
article_5cd714c43b2025_97912785.JPG

Designs are similar minus upper structure. Chinese is more modern RCS reduction techniques, where as Iran’s looks like its trying to be the titanic. Thus Iran needs to get its ship more in line with this Chinese Design.

I am confident they can do it.

Last edited:
Why in the world does Khalij Fars have so many damn windows? This isn’t a cruise ship! What the hell are those little windows going to do?

This design is straight garbage. I expect that is why we haven’t heard of the ship. It needs another upper structure redesign and RCS reduction.

Also if they put those damn anti ship launchers that ship will be a bigger joke. Either launch with VLS or don’t put that thing in the water.

Obviously major purpose of Khalij Fars is to teach each potential Navy cadet class on how to operate a bigger ship so they don’t go crash into a rock or maroon themselves. As well as give Iranian engineers a “prototype” Ship to work out the bugs and flaws.

Nonetheless, that design needs rework. I will be surprised if they launch based on that design. Might just be a very early mock up.

1711887_-_main.jpg

Designs are similar minus upper structure. Chinese is more modern RCS reduction techniques, where as Iran’s looks like its trying to be the titanic. Thus Iran needs to get its ship more in line with this Chinese Design.

i agree, its Design needs serious rework too but remember they did not tell us Damavand_2 going to have a new Design so they very well can change Khalij Fars Design too.

img_20190628_223841_712-jpg.567358

Yes the design of the superstructures can always be modified before starting the construction, but if I remember correctly the Fars should also carry out activities as a training ship, therefore besides the accommodation for the crew, there will also be additional accommodation for numerous cadets of the academy naval and probably study rooms, this could have affected the project.
It should be added that the latest images related to this ship present some novelties in the superstructure

1jnl0g.jpg

586377_553.jpg

1711887_-_main.jpg

Agreed,based on the model it looks like a complete anachronism.Hopefully the final design will look something more like a modern warship and less like a weird kit bashed mash up of various sized parts.

seriously falagh is hell of a rocket for a boat, hope they can fit more enough.

yes the damage that it causes is massive and i think its laser guided so its not some small unguided racket

maxresdefault.jpg

Iranian_artillery_rockets.jpg

Falaq-1_and_Falaq-2_rockets.jpg

Falagh%201%20and%202%20Rockets%20Specification.jpg

240%20mm%20Naval%20Rocket%20Launcher%201.jpg

Due to high maneuverability of the boat and high speed of elevation mechanism that operates electro hydraulically the maneuverability of the launcher increases.

It can creates a rapid fire in two ways, both cyclic and single shot. An automatic and precise targetting is achieved through the launcher connection to a mileage indicator (optional).

It is regarded as an efficient marine weapon in naval combats.

PIC:
240%20mm%20Naval%20Rocket%20Launcher%20Specification.jpg

240%20mm%20Naval%20Rocket%20Launcher%202.jpg

Iran made water jet powered Haider-class patrol boats
Iran’s Defense Ministry delivers indigenous vessel to police force
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/07/08/600415/Iran-vessel-Heidarclasds-Defense-Ministry

Often some photos taken during the ceremonies, hide other news.
A "hufden" user of another forum has detected the presence of another hull without superstructures of what appears to be a unit of the Moudge class, here indicated with the orange arrow; but in the same photo, inside the sheds indicated in green, there is another frigate of the Moudge class.
yzkCv8Kr.jpg

ABWbO6lr.jpg

Often some photos taken during the ceremonies, hide other news.
A "hufden" user of another forum has detected the presence of another hull without superstructures of what appears to be a unit of the Moudge class, here indicated with the orange arrow; but in the same photo, inside the sheds indicated in green, there is another frigate of the Moudge class.
yzkCv8Kr.jpg

ABWbO6lr.jpg
That hull has been there for more than 2 years now. You can see it on Google earth

Back
Top Bottom