What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Why in the world does Khalij Fars have so many damn windows? This isn’t a cruise ship! What the hell are those little windows going to do?

This design is straight garbage. I expect that is why we haven’t heard of the ship. It needs another upper structure redesign and RCS reduction.

Also if they put those damn anti ship launchers that ship will be a bigger joke. Either launch with VLS or don’t put that thing in the water.

Obviously major purpose of Khalij Fars is to teach each potential Navy cadet class on how to operate a bigger ship so they don’t go crash into a rock or maroon themselves. As well as give Iranian engineers a “prototype” Ship to work out the bugs and flaws.

Nonetheless, that design needs rework. I will be surprised if they launch based on that design. Might just be a very early mock up.

Khalij Fars ship is 7500 tons
1711887_-_main.jpg

China Type 052D is 7500 tons
article_5cd714c43b2025_97912785.JPG

Designs are similar minus upper structure. Chinese is more modern RCS reduction techniques, where as Iran’s looks like its trying to be the titanic. Thus Iran needs to get its ship more in line with this Chinese Design.

I am confident they can do it.

That's the 14000 tons Type 055.

The 7500 tons Type 052D and 8000 tons Type 052DL look like these. Without the integrated mast, it would be much easier to be in line with the hull design.

BTW, the Type 055 is too complicated to imitate, even the US is struggling to bring a functional peer product on the table. So the commonly mature design of the Type 052D will be much more realistic to follow up.

a.jpg

b.jpg

Last edited:
That hull has been there for more than 2 years now. You can see it on Google earth

Yes, of course, but I thought they were old satellite images and that this hull was the same one we saw with the superstructures already installed.
Instead they are building 2 naval units similar in size to the Moudge class.
Surprise for me and good news for the Iranian Navy

Russia buys submariner robots from Iran exploring radiation at sea
Deliveries of Iranian submarine research robots, which study the level of radiation on the seabed, will begin in Russia. They were created by the Tehran company Control Farayand Pasargad, which is mainly engaged in the manufacture of "social" (industrial) robots, and not combat devices.

On tests, the Iranian robot submariner proved to be better than foreign analogues
The developers of the underwater autonomous apparatus note that today, given the development of the nuclear industry, the danger of radiation pollution of water is most acute.Thus, at a certain level of radiation contamination, some seafood is prohibited to be eaten. In search of especially dangerous regions in the sea, an Iranian submarine can help.

Now the device is being supplied to European countries, in the near future the list of partners of the manufacturer of robots can be expanded by Russia. The cost of one robotic submariner is not disclosed, but, according to the creators, their apparatus on the test trials showed itself much more efficiently compared to foreign analogues.

Last edited:
how do you lose a god damn oil tanker just hooooooooooooooow?

Concern grows over UAE oil tanker last seen off Iran

The US “has suspicions” that a Gulf oil tanker out of contact since it stopped transmitting its location on Saturday has been seized by Iran, a defence official has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/16/concern-grows-over-uae-based-oil-tanker-off-iran

Iran says it had technical problem, asked for help and Iran responded and tugged to Iranian shores. wink wink! I have a feeling that it will only be released when Iran's tanker in in KSA custody is released.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/975745/کمک-رسانی-ایران-به-یک-نفتکش-خارجی-در-خلیج-فارس

then we must have got a KSA tanker .right now UAE and KSA relation is a little cold
I agree, it would have been better, I however think seizing tankers during these times are foolish regardless of who is doing it. This "Tit for Tat" is not a policy. We need to rev up our diplomatic campaign, not sink it. In any case I have feeling all of this will soon come to a head, and then we will see what the results are.

The west is playing a dirty but "legal" game..so what is the problem with Iran playing the same game ..."they asked for help we brought them in" ...fully legal and as per International conventions... as for the repair bills...they use the same accounting methods that the Al Saude use....sounds fair and legal to me..lol:cheesy:

breaking news

A search and rescue operation is underway for a US Navy sailor who fell overboard from the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea. A Spanish and Pakistani ship are assisting the search.
The sailor, whose name is being withheld in accordance with navy policy, was reported overboard on Wednesday. Search parties from the Lincoln and the cruiser USS Leyte Gulf are looking for the missing man, assisted by the Spanish frigate Mendez Nunez and the Pakistani frigate Aslat.

The news comes amid reports that amphibious assault ship USS Boxer entered the Persian Gulf and shot down an Iranian drone.

https://www.rt.com/news/464512-missing-sailor-lincoln-iran/

Trump says US warship has destroyed Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/18/trump-us-warship-iran-drone-strait-of-hormuz

Back
Top Bottom