What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

IRIN needs more submarines with SLBM capability along with newer supersonic AShCM.

All free navies do with the advent of hypersonic anti-ship missiles. That is the only new project they should have other than the R&D of semi/submersible fleets.

Start out with a SAM Sub with CM, BM & torpedoes. These will be the fleets of the future.

Nations will regret not having enough subs if war ever cometh.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Who wants a consumer based economy? How about nearly ALL countries in the world (including the US) operate under a consumer based economy. At the basic level as consumers spend more and more revenues of corporations rise, allowing companies to expand. I mean the fact you don’t understand this basic economic principle shows your ineptitude.

As China’s economy grows and transforms the salary and living standards of its own population continue to rise, at that point China stands poised to gain immensely from a 1.3 billion population. Furthermore, as wages rise China will eventually reach a mature economy stage where it is no longer an area of “cheap source” labor as they will have implanted minimum wage laws to correspond to the higher standard of living. Thus corporations will simply move operations to another country that DOES have very cheap labor still. Does that mean China will have NO exports? Of course not, but it will be different than what it is today. All countries engage in trade, no one is implying that will stop.

Why do you think so many companies want to capture the wealth from India and China? Because as their citizens gain more purchasing power (rising wages, maturing economy, higher standard of living) these international corporations want a share of that market.

You need to go read up on how economies change over time as they reach various levels of advancement. That’s is one reason China’s GDP growth is slowing from double digit levels to more and more reasonable levels.

Lastly before you mock US sanctions, go see what US sanctions did to the mega corporation known as ZTE. China was powerless in that case. That is just one example. I am not going to spoon feed you.

Even the islamic republic operates more on consumer based economy in order to reduce reliance on oil/gas for its budget.

Don’t expect China to save Iran nor Russia. They will simply play both sides for their own benefit. But some users on this board have this absurd notion that Iran can have Russia and China rescue it military and economically.

WRONG! Every country on the planet has consumers but when you say a "MOSTLY consumer based Economy" it means you have an economy with very limited domestic products where the largest portion of your GDP is based mostly off of consuming largely imported products.
UAE is a consumer based economy, the Saudi government gets revenue off of oil but again most of their economy is consumer based because they don't produce a wide enough array of consumer goods to meet domestic needs let alone export.

And I didn't say sanctions are useless they do work the problem is the Chinese don't yet fully realize and appreciate the power they have and China not choosing to respond to sanctions is NOT the same as being powerless against them and sooner or later the U.S. will push China too far and they will respond and once they do like any bully that gets pushed back the Americans will run with their tail behind their back because China has a billion more consumers than they do so clearly that is not a fight American can win once Chinese technology and products reach a certain level as yearly wages and Chinese household income continues to increase. And with that many consumers China already has the power to demolish any U.S. company that has access to their market.
What do you think would happen to Appel if they loose access to a market with 1.3 Billon people? Just the news will cause their stocks to plummet and the domino effect from that will bankrupt them and they most definitely will not be able to compete with other companies that do have access to a market that big which would allow the Chinese to buy them out for pennies on the dollar. And sooner or later the Chinese will have to respond because until they do the American have no reason to stop bulling them.

And when it comes to Defense products when a weapons producer shows fear of sale due to U.S. sanctions and bulling then countries buying sophisticated and complex weapons for something as important and vital as Defense will not be able to trust that during an emergency that country or company will be able to provide the support needed.
Because if fear of sanctions is what's preventing China from selling weapons to Iran today then whos to say that fear of U.S. sanctions wont prevent the Chinese from providing support needed during an emergency for any other Chinese customer. So again this is NOT about Iran! This is about China and whether or not they want a Defense industry that's capable of competing globally when it comes to high end defense products.
And due to China's vast size, population & rapid growth of economy and technology sooner or later the Chinese will have to push back because the U.S. wont stop bulling them until they do

Last edited:

It is surprising how Iran hasn’t mass produced semi-submersible speedboats. That would make it incredibly difficult to detect on approach to target as it would be lost in the waves. It could release two torpedos and scoot, or fire 2 antiship missiles.

I know Iran has “some” semi-submersible speedboats. But it’s really lacking some revolutionary designs in the field.

It is surprising how Iran hasn’t mass produced semi-submersible speedboats. That would make it incredibly difficult to detect on approach to target as it would be lost in the waves. It could release two torpedos and scoot, or fire 2 antiship missiles.

I know Iran has “some” semi-submersible speedboats. But it’s really lacking some revolutionary designs in the field.

back in the days IRGC had very little experience with the construction of speedboats. I think Iran needed reverse engineering and experience to produce new and innovative submersible speedboats i think they got it now and Iran had never reached this stage in the development of its advanced technology and weaponry so at this time, we are much more maneuverable and our hands are more open in acquiring or building its technology and its materials.

well those semi-submersible boats are not that speedy specially when they are submerged

I’m sorry did you think those rinky dink fishermen boats IRGC has can outrun helicopters launched to stop them or anti ship missiles fired from cruisers/destroyers?

They can be speedy just like a speedboat and go semi-submerge on approach to target.

The swarm tactic while viable, will result in countless casualties for IRGC. Simply not sustainable in a drawn out war.

I’m sorry did you think those rinky dink fishermen boats IRGC has can outrun helicopters launched to stop them or anti ship missiles fired from cruisers/destroyers?

They can be speedy just like a speedboat and go semi-submerge on approach to target.

The swarm tactic while viable, will result in countless casualties for IRGC. Simply not sustainable in a drawn out war.
Sorry but 12 knots of these semi submersible boats is not enough to reach a supply ship.also they are not as stealthy as a submarine and they easily can be picked up by sonar. Better use midget subs for what you have in mind.
It's one of the reason iran didn't played much with those semi submersible boats.

Last edited:
Many of those speed boats carry the Noor Ashm's. That indeed gives them very long arms. They can comfortably take on anything the USN can throw at them.

FYI, all crew on every boat carries the misagh/ Igla MANPADs. They will take out any chopper out to 3 kms. No problem.

In addition all speed boats carry the 106mm mbrl's to make short work of anything in close quarters.

Many of those speed boats carry the Noor Ashm's. That indeed gives them very long arms. They can comfortably take on anything the USN can throw at them.
more likely something in line of Zafar, Nasr-1 or Kowsar.
those boats don't have the necessary equipment to benefit from Noor or Qadr or Raad and those missiles are also a little heavy for speedboats , a boat like Seraj-1 is only equipped with 107mm MRLS which in my book is as useless as it can be for the type of sea vessels

I'd like to see any warship on this planet try to take on a squadron of these missile/ rocket boats in the gulf......and come out still floating.

Very slim chances!

more likely something in line of Zafar, Nasr-1 or Kowsar.
those boats don't have the necessary equipment to benefit from Noor or Qadr or Raad and those missiles are also a little heavy for speedboats , a boat like Seraj-1 is only equipped with 107mm MRLS which in my book is as useless as it can be for the type of sea vessels

I'd like to see any warship on this planet try to take on a squadron of these missile/ rocket boats in the gulf......and come out still floating.

Very slim chances!
they can manage if they attack the boat with a squadron of hellfire equipped of SeaHawk or LCS of their own also they can ask for help and get support from some MQ-9 or Avenger. or well they can say why not and send several FA-18 equipped with AGM-65 and have a field day .

Oh and while all this is going on, the IRIAF/ IRIN units and coastal batteries of hundreds of Ashm's, Sam systems/ drones and the ghadir sub units will just sit idle and eat popcorn?.......lol

they can manage if they attack the boat with a squadron of hellfire equipped of SeaHawk or LCS of their own also they can ask for help and get support from some MQ-9 or Avenger. or well they can say why not and send several FA-18 equipped with AGM-65 and have a field day .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom