What's new

Iranian fleet hunts australian recognition (sonar) devices

mohsen

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Siavash Jareh said:
The Navy’s 24th fleet consisting of Sabalan destroyer and Kharg helicopter carrier after leaving China's Zhangjiagang port and crossing the Equator and in their way to Sri Lanka, tracks and repels an Australian recognition aircraft, Upon receiving notice,this aircraft changes it's path but when getting away, throws sonar recognition devices in the fleet's path, which all of them are hunted by timely and proficiency action of our navy forces.

he added The Navy’s 24th fleet has been able to track 130 (flying and floating) military units in it's mission.

he emphasized that our presence in free waters is based on international laws, and in a few days our fleet will dock in Sri Lanka's Port of Colombo.

http://nedaja.aja.ir/portal/Home/ShowPage.aspx?Object=News&CategoryID=25758883-3646-441b-9b8c-e58bdd6c0e5c&WebPartID=b6cafa52-8b09-47e6-bbbb-1901422d12aa&ID=d7971e38-9488-4ad1-b7a9-549d9e3468e5

since when kharg is helicopter carrier?!

:hitwall: this news agencies must go and study !

Well I guess it can carry on helicopter:o
But honestly all of these funny reporting are because of the pressure they put on the poor reporters to made the article ready in short time so sometines they don't have enough time to even see what they are writing about.

since when kharg is helicopter carrier?!

:hitwall: this news agencies must go and study !
check the source again, these are admiral words, not reporters.
3 "SH-3" helicopters can land on ship's deck simultaneously, and can host even more in its hangers so however it's low, it can be called helicopter carrier.

For bunch of Kangaroos Aussies sure can fly! :D (Joking!)

just because of that the ship can carry choopers it doesn't mean that it is helicopter carrier! there is a lot of more difference between this two classes!

in this logic , you can call oil tankers as ACs! :D

and as i had exprienced it the reporters doesn't understand the commanders at all !

just because of that the ship can carry choopers it doesn't mean that it is helicopter carrier! there is a lot of more difference between this two classes!

in this logic , you can call oil tankers as ACs! :D

and as i had exprienced it the reporters doesn't understand the commanders at all !
this is official website of our navy forces, if they don't understand military expressions too, then we are f~!@ed up.
but there are similar cases in other countries too, such as "RFA Argus" in UK, classified both as Auxiliary ship and helicopter carrier. wiki and helis both classified it as helicopter carrier.

300px-RFA_Argus.jpg

RFA Argus

Is this story even real? Is there any other non iranian source for this that is in English without the poor English grammar?

Is this story even real? Is there any other non iranian source for this that is in English without the poor English grammar?

Sir, could you please C.O.D. a Kangaroo to me? Its pretty expensive here! I could sell it and become rich! :chilli::wave:

So running over a sonar bouy is an achievement? Kinda helps the bouy do its job.

so far your government policy has been silence, so no.
but more Iranian links may be helpful for your grammar problem:
Fars News Agency :: Australian Reconnaissance Plane Shooed Away by Iranian Fleet of Warships
PressTV - Iran Navy warns off Australian plane near Sri Lanka

It's not even a big deal, this kind of thing happens all the time. I was simply asking for some non iranian sources in English, considering Iranian state media ie PRessTV has a habit of cooking up fake stories, no matter how small or insignificant they may be.

It's not even a big deal, this kind of thing happens all the time. I was simply asking for some non iranian sources in English, considering Iranian state media ie PRessTV has a habit of cooking up fake stories, no matter how small or insignificant they may be.

It goes both ways, we also believe everything coming from the West propaganda agencies is worthless piece of #@#@! So give me a high five!

Back
Top Bottom