What's new

Iranian Economy.....news and discussions

Close to 60%(~ 38 million people ) of Iranians in their working age (+15 years old) are inactive. ( data belongs to govt ,winter of last year )

9488659_114.png

Government based economy simply explained ^ .

Out of 25 million workers only ~ 14 million people work more than 44 hours per week.

Side note : this country works for few million people and their families which they are in this group of "working people" out of 14 million workers.

Have you heard the phrase "one picture worth a thousand words"

170301422.jpg

First one belongs to Mr Ruhani's (last winter) government and second one belongs to Mr Raisy's (first winter) government.

22.82 million vs ~23.59 million workers.

Sometimes a lie could come in different shapes and forms this one is one of them making something taller than what it is :).

1 million jobs per year ?

so far 18 months and 770,446 jobs. official data

View attachment 924434
First one belongs to Mr Ruhani's (last winter) government and second one belongs to Mr Raisy's (first winter) government.

Sometimes a lie could come in different shapes and forms this one is one of them making something taller than what it is :).

It is clear that Raisi government is doing much better than Rohanni..But he is falling short of his stated goals for Economy..

He promised GDP increase of 8%..he delivered only %3.6

His job creation figures also at around 50% of what he promised

His goals are a bit too ambitious but hey you never know the next year he may surprise us..I be watching..lol

It is clear that Raisi government is doing much better than Rohanni..But he is falling short of his stated goals for Economy..

His goals are a bit too ambitious but hey you never know the next year he may surprise us..I be watching..lol

He destroyed Iranians.

View attachment 924434

I.S officials are known shameless liars, so don't believe in their figures.

In some cases he is doing better in some cases he is the worst president of Iran.by banning publishing public data and information he is showing his preferred way of governing :rolleyes:

I saw this pull on website of Khabaronline.com

Capture.PNG

It's about control of (preventing it to going up) price of rent and price of housing

I think all of the options in this pull will have minimal influence on price control.

Since the best option which is having more houses is absent :)
It would be better to add real solutions to such pulls like :

Training more workers and builders

Making rules and regulations simple and transparent and enforcing such roles for everybody equal ( like you are talking to a kid or teenager)

Reducing harmful government influence in this market

Increase in production of machines , tools and construction materials

Involving more women in easier parts of building houses (it's usually close to 100% men's job like working with machines and paint job and ....)

More real private sector involvement

Last edited:

View attachment 925127
It's about control of (preventing it to going up) price of rent and price of housing

I think all of the options in this pull will have minimal influence on price control.

Making rules and regulations simple and transparent and enforcing such roles for everybody equal ( like you are talking to a kid or teenager)

Involving more women in easier parts of building houses (it's usually close to 100% men's job like working with machines and paint job and ....)

One big problem in Iran is the way houses are built...it takes two years or more to build a single house in Iran...In Canada you build a house in three months in the middle of winter.
China solved the building problem by making it into an industrial project where everything is built in factories (women building houses just as if it is a car!)

The traditional way of building in Iran has to be thrown out when you need houses in millions...learn from China they are ahead of every one else on this.

One big problem in Iran is the way houses are built...it takes two years or more to build a single house in Iran...In Canada you build a house in three months in the middle of winter.
China solved the building problem by making it into an industrial project where everything is built in factories (women building houses just as if it is a car!)

The traditional way of building in Iran has to be thrown out when you need houses in millions...learn from China they are ahead of every one else on this.
When I think about 3-4 generation of Iran, women were more active in most economic activities of Iran like agriculture , building houses , cooking food and baking bread and ....

but for some reason there are faction inside Iran nowadays they want to see only a symbolic presence of women in work area.

I don't know how they want to compete with other systems where women take 50% of work force when majority of women in Iran are at home and only 15-25% of our work force are women.

When I think about 3-4 generation of Iran, women were more active in most economic activities of Iran like agriculture , building houses , cooking food and baking bread and ....

but for some reason there are faction inside Iran nowadays they want to see only a symbolic presence of women in work area.

I don't know how they want to compete with other systems where women take 50% of work force when majority of women in Iran are at home and only 15-25% of our work force are women.
You have to take into account that bringing women into the workforse might enlarge the economy in the short term, the reduced birthrate will be catastrophic in the long term, as is happening in Japan

Iran non-oil export hits new record

Non-oil exports hit $53.16 billion last year, which is a new record in Iran’s history, Ruhollah Latifi, the spokesman for the Trade Promotion Commission of Iran’s House of Industry, Mine and Trade, said.

The country’s non-oil trade has been near 160 million tons in weight and 112.8 billion dollars in worth in the past Iranian calendar year, the official said, adding that the latter shows an 11.2 percent increase compared with the preceding year.

According to Latifi, the previous highest record in non-oil exports from Iran had been reached nine years ago when the country shipped some $50.5 billion worth of goods.

As he announced, China, Iraq, Turkiye, United Arab Emirates and India have been the first five destinations for the exports of Iranian commodities over the last year.

View attachment 925127

Government must construct social housing to prevent something like this from plaguing Iran:

122b322ae0e4d141f4c8ee9acd4c409d7937867361771984d23d0d59fcc4e152.jpg

Image from Canada, a market-centric economy.

Situation in the USA is even worse:

Likewise, taxation of empty homes is an effective tool to keep real estate speculation in check.

The poll result indicates that despite the predominance of monetarist neo-classic economics in Iranian academia and media, public opinion is not entirely sold to this monolithic thinking.

The market's no panacea onto itself. It has to be regulated constantly, its shortcomings made up for by government authorities in line with the Leader's guidelines.

There's no "invisible hand" by virtue of which the economy would spontaneously self-regulate as if by magic.

Economic theories putting forth this sort of postulate are clear about the fact that their models are built upon a theoretical hypothesis referred to as pure and perfect competition.

Problem is that in practice, the conditions defining pure and perfect competition aren't ever met in a human society. So in reality markets will fail at regulating everything in an optimal manner.

Economic studies aren't an exact science like mathematics, but a social science whose findings must take into account the complexity of human behaviour and psychology, as well as the specifics of culture and anthropology. As such, one cannot manage the economy based on a narrow reading of economic theory.

Last edited:

Those areas where females traditionally used to be active in, were physically confined ones. Cooking food or baking bread happened in the kitchen at home, rural plantations were cordoned off and did not attract many visitors from outside, and as far as construction work's concerned this too was focused on their own houses. Basically, women were lending a helping hand in domestic activities within their own nuclear family structure.

In a modern and highly urbanized setting with the tertiary sector concentrating the majority of jobs however, female employment would imply trips to the workplace and back, intensified intermingling with male strangers, as well as much less availability and time to fulfill their duties as mothers and family women.

Note that those activities cited in relation to past generations can still be practiced by females today without any problems.

You have to take into account that bringing women into the workforse might enlarge the economy in the short term, the reduced birthrate will be catastrophic in the long term, as is happening in Japan
We are already below the red lines when it comes to birthrate even with 15-25% women involvement in economy and having median age of 32.5. main problems should be somewhere else like having a secure source of income and a home.(marriage requirement in Iran or losing it which is the main sources of separation of married couples )

Japan's median age is 48.5 and 20-50 square meter (65-165 square foot) apartments is a reality there.

Short distance to work place of mothers and fast and reliable public or personal transport system will do wonders in that regard.

I don't know that much about motherhood time laws in Japan but in Iran mothers enjoy wide range of benefits after giving birth to their child.I think laws are good but enforcing the said laws and making similar laws in private sector (which should be attractive for both mothers and private sector ) will help too.

Next part should be cultural differences in Iran as you may know, extended family members usually help working mothers to raise their kids. like grandmothers and ...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom