What's new

Iranian economist: 'China is the worst business partner Iran ever had'

This is a troll thread. The article is mainly about the effect of western sanctions but the thread headline is all about China. But having said that, it is simply true that there are unscrupulous people in China that are taking advantage of Iran's current situation. The main reason for the misery of the Iranian people are the sanctions that the West has imposed on them for a nuclear weapons program that doesn't exist.

Correct me if i am wrong but a UN sanction can't occur without China's approval who is currently a UN security council member, right ?

Correct me if i am wrong but a UN sanction can't occur without China's approval who is currently a UN security council member, right ?

But not all sanctions have been implemented by the UNSC. The European Union has its own sanctions, as well as the United States.

Did you even bother to read the article? The problems with Chinese companies go much further than the problems with sanctions. Sanctions have nothing to do with Chinese energy companies screwing up oil/gas projects, low-quality Chinese products, unreliable Chinese companies, etc.

Then find someone else to deal with, I'm sure the Saudis are more than happy to make up for any shortfalls, in fact they offered that already.

That's how the world works. If you don't like a business deal, find another one.

Then find someone else to deal with, I'm sure the Saudis are more than happy to make up for any shortfalls, in fact they offered that already.

That's how the world works. If you don't like a business deal, find another one.

Until the sanctions are removed, we are stuck with China, but you'll bet Iran will find someone else to deal with once the sanctions are gone.

There is no love in Iran for China, especially not when it comes to trading.

Until the sanctions are removed, we are stuck with China, but you'll bet Iran will find someone else to deal with once the sanctions are gone.

Good. Let's wait for that day then.

You can be the first major country in the world to cut off trade ties with China.

Why cant people discuss mattes rationally, instead of getting overly defensive and uber-nationalistic?
Just lol...

Mark my words: When your sanction is removed, you guys will still buy tons of Chinese goods - more than the oil we get from Iran - Just like today.

You know why, because ...(1000 words omitted here)......

When the first time I heard Iran is actually a gasoline import country, I was like what what - shocking and amazing.

Just like many other developing countries - they keep talking Chinese junks and they keep buying. So will be Iran.

Why cant people discuss mattes rationally, instead of getting uber-defensive and uber-nationalistic? Just lol...

These threads are opened to flame China, starting from the very first post, not for rational discussion. Since rationally, nobody forces you to buy Chinese goods.

I mean just read the comments in the first post. Pure flaming, no attempt at rational argument.

Do you agree with Surenas, that Iran will drop trade with China as soon as the sanctions are lifted?

You can be the first major country in the world to cut off trade ties with China.

Brother, after see these Iranians, I remember one our old sayings: 升米恩,斗米仇. When I was a kid, I just didn't understand. Now, I want to say: 古人诚不欺我啊。

These threads are opened to flame China, starting from the very first post, not for rational discussion. Since rationally, nobody forces you to buy Chinese goods.

I mean just read the comments in the first post. Pure flaming, no attempt at rational argument.

Do you agree with Surenas, that Iran will drop trade with China as soon as the sanctions are lifted?

My post was not specifically directed at you. It was a general statement.
To completely drop trade with China is nonsense. China is a rising global economic power which is increasingly responsible for global growth, so how can anyone drop trade with it?

But probably adjust some business deals according to what is best for our own national interests.
Right now we have no choice, because of sanctions. I dont blame China or anything.

Lets keep the trade only limited to oil/gas exports. We don't need your crappy low-quality products. There is already enormous frustration in Iran (even among officials) about Chinese quality and professionally.*

My post was not specifically directed at you. It was a general statement.
To completely drop trade with China is nonsense. China is a global economic power which is increasingly responsible for the global growth, so how can anyone drop trade with it?

But probabyadjust some business deals according to what is best for our own national interests.
Right now we have no choice, because of sanctions. I dont blame China or anything.

Read the posts from Surenas and tell me who is flaming?

Mark my words: When your sanction is removed, you guys will still buy tons of Chinese goods - more than the oil we get from Iran - Just like today.

You know why, because ...(1000 words omitted here)......

When the first time I heard Iran is actually a gasoline import country, I was like what what - shocking and amazing.

Just like many other developing countries - they keep talking Chinese junks and they keep buying. So will be Iran.

No, we wouldn't. Before the sanctions were strengthened in 2011 Iranians preferred to buy middle or high quality Western products. The circumstances only forced Iran to buy these products from China. Once the sanctions are gone, the situation will be reversed.

Maybe Surenas is just kidding around and having some fun. lol

Oh, come on. You did not miss all those voices in Iran about Chinese products/quality, not?

No, we wouldn't. Before the sanctions were strengthened in 2011 Iranians preferred to buy middle or high quality Western products. The circumstances only forced Iran to buy these products from China. Once the sanctions are gone, the situation will be reversed.

Oh, come on. You did not miss all those voices in Iran about Chinese products/quality, not?

Sure no doubt. But even if sanctions are lifted (which is a big if btw), we will not drop trade with China. But adjust business deals. Do less business with China, but not cut trade completely.

Back
Top Bottom