What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

@TheImmortal

So the US plans on sending a dozen Patriot batteries, and a THAAD battery to ME region. I wonder when they say Battery do they infact mean Battery or TELs.

Then plan on distributing theses systems to all their bases across the ME region. The noteworthy part of this type of planning is since their bases are so far apart, their is little overlapping defense except for the denser PG area. The area least likely to see combat. Essentially the batteries are alone in defending Iraq Jordan and Kuwait. Almost like a floor tile, their defense is like adjacent floor tiles that you can break one at a time through overwhelming force and numbers. If you put a system in Al-Assad AB, the systems in Kuwait, Qatar, SA or UAE will not be able to help it. The ability to overwhelm the system becomes much easier. Instead of evacuating certain areas and cosoldating forces in a few areas with a large amount of overlapping AD systems, they are willing to stay spread out for the sake of keeping Iraqi, Syria and Jordan airspace under their grip. Their loss I guess.

If the organizations do wish to enter full scale operations against US presense in Iraq. If they can pinpoint the location of the system, would not be very difficult task to launch an op against it. We've seen them destroy a Patriot TEL in Saudi Arabia before with a UAS. The main question is this.....in the years of peace that has occured, what do these groups have in their hands now. Just small rockets and UAS? Or do they have SAMs and SRBMs? Do they have the TELs to use them, or are they buried in Canisters in the ground? etc...

@TheImmortal

So the US plans on sending a dozen Patriot batteries, and a THAAD battery to ME region. I wonder when they say Battery do they infact mean Battery or TELs.

Then plan on distributing theses systems to all their bases across the ME region. The noteworthy part of this type of planning is since their bases are so far apart, their is little overlapping defense except for the denser PG area. The area least likely to see combat. Essentially the batteries are alone in defending Iraq Jordan and Kuwait. Almost like a floor tile, their defense is like adjacent floor tiles that you can break one at a time through overwhelming force and numbers. If you put a system in Al-Assad AB, the systems in Kuwait, Qatar, SA or UAE will not be able to help it. The ability to overwhelm the system becomes much easier. Instead of evacuating certain areas and cosoldating forces in a few areas with a large amount of overlapping AD systems, they are willing to stay spread out for the sake of keeping Iraqi, Syria and Jordan airspace under their grip. Their loss I guess.

If the organizations do wish to enter full scale operations against US presense in Iraq. If they can pinpoint the location of the system, would not be very difficult task to launch an op against it. We've seen them destroy a Patriot TEL in Saudi Arabia before with a UAS. The main question is this.....in the years of peace that has occured, what do these groups have in their hands now. Just small rockets and UAS? Or do they have SAMs and SRBMs? Do they have the TELs to use them, or are they buried in Canisters in the ground? etc...
Just small rockets and UAS? Or do they have SAMs and SRBMs? Do they have the TELs to use them, or are they buried in Canisters in the ground? etc...
Houthis literally have Ghadr-110 MRMBs (and 358 ammunition)

Houthis literally have Ghadr-110 MRMBs (and 358 ammunition)

Ghadr is very vulnerable to THAAD. Ghadr is merely an upgraded Shahab-3. However the warhead lacks the MIRV and accuracy of Emad. It’s easier to intercept after launch than many other Iranian BMs.

With no warhead fins, it means that any maneuvering is exo atmospheric which means higher CEP (useful for large economic and military targets). Since it follows a traditional launch and mid course trajectory, that allows THAAD to do exo atmospheric interception.

Ghadr and Qiam are meant to be “cheap”solutions to distract/overwhelm THAAD and Arrow-2/3 while more high cost valuable systems have better rate of surviving - Sejill, Emad, Fattah, long range Fateh variants.

On a kinetic energy basis, Sejil and Fattah can beat THAAD with Fattah likely being able to overwhelm THAAD in nearly all but optimal scenarios for THAAD.

It's an attempt to justify a war against Iran.

Might be true, might not be, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second if it is.

Arab propaganda really reaching.

Lol, VX Gas is a weapon of mass destruction. And US destroyed its nerve gas supply by 2022. It’s in process of eliminating its entire arsenal of CWs because it’s useless vs nuclear weapons.

And If you use CW, then your opponent (Russia and China) can use tactical nukes back. A terrible Pandora’s box.

If and this is a big IF Israel was gonna use a chemical gas to flush tunnels it would use a much less controversial one like Chlorine. Not a literal war crime agent that will make a Hauge case open and shut. Chlorine has much more plausible deniability.

It's an attempt to justify a war against Iran.

Might be true, might not be, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second if it is.

in order to penetrate Hamas tunnels, rescue an estimated 220 hostages, and kill thousands of soldiers belonging to Hamas’s al-Qassam Brigades, the source said in a statement, noting that the information comes from a leak originating in the US.

"During this period, the tunnels would be penetrated, the hostages rescued and thousands of al-Qassam soldiers killed,” they added.

Send nerve gas into tunnels to kill the brigade and rescue the hostages? Contradicts itself

Also the hollywood like scenario is laughable

It looks like an Arab wanted to troll MEE

Send nerve gas into tunnels to kill the brigade and rescue the hostages? Contradicts itself

Also the hollywood like scenario is laughable

It looks like an Arab wanted to troll MEE
I think your contradicting yourself I don’t know if this person is of Arab descent but your using Arab as a derogatory remark but people here are supporting Palestinian nationalism but somehow don’t remember that they are Arabs as well, honestly I think this site really isn’t fun or informative anymore.

I think your contradicting yourself I don’t know if this person is of Arab descent but your using Arab as a derogatory remark but people here are supporting Palestinian nationalism but somehow don’t remember that they are Arabs as well, honestly I think this site really isn’t fun or informative anymore.
I never meant to use it as a derogatory remark, MEE refers it as an "Arab source", so no one even know where he is from but just that he is arab, thus why I'm saying they are maybe being trolled by a random Arab guy "that wants to stay anonymous"

they intercepted a SAM over Lebanon with a SAM launched from Israel? that's strange

If this happened, then drone was likely flying near the border looking for ATGM and rocket crews. The HZ SAM would be fired from deeper in for protection reasons and be traveling towards south Lebanon. Thus the patriot would detect it as a possible missile launch.

Israel is likely operating patriots on the highest sensitivity given how many false alarm firings there have been.

If and this is a big IF Israel was gonna use a chemical gas to flush tunnels it would use a much less controversial one like Chlorine. Not a literal war crime agent that will make a Hauge case open and shut. Chlorine has much more plausible deniability.
The article does not mention VX unless I missed it somewhere. It says:
US Delta Force will oversee “large quantities of nerve gas being pumped into Hamas tunnels, capable of paralyzing the bodily movement for a period of time between six and 12 hours."
Although if they were to do that the hostages and fighters alike would die from respiratory failure.

And no the Hague would not initiate any such proceedings

The article does not mention VX unless I missed it somewhere. It says:

Although if they were to do that the hostages and fighters alike would die from respiratory failure.

And no the Hague would not initiate any such proceedings
I have no doubt they would consider using gas and they will likely never be prosecuted for it. They will be protected

Ghadr is very vulnerable to THAAD. Ghadr is merely an upgraded Shahab-3. However the warhead lacks the MIRV and accuracy of Emad. It’s easier to intercept after launch than many other Iranian BMs.

With no warhead fins, it means that any maneuvering is exo atmospheric which means higher CEP (useful for large economic and military targets). Since it follows a traditional launch and mid course trajectory, that allows THAAD to do exo atmospheric interception.

Ghadr and Qiam are meant to be “cheap”solutions to distract/overwhelm THAAD and Arrow-2/3 while more high cost valuable systems have better rate of surviving - Sejill, Emad, Fattah, long range Fateh variants.

On a kinetic energy basis, Sejil and Fattah can beat THAAD with Fattah likely being able to overwhelm THAAD in nearly all but optimal scenarios for THAAD.
THAAD system intercepted Zulfiqar ballistic missile above Dubai in 2022.

Sejjil ballistic missile flight altitude = 400++ KM
Easy kill for THAAD

Emad ballistic missile flight altitude = 400++ KM
Easy kill for THAAD

THAAD can intercept ballistic missiles at Low Endo altitudes as well but it remains to be seen where US will deploy its THAAD system and it will be linked to one of the Patriot systems or not. These measures will determine if the system is vulnerable to Fateh-110 or Fateh-313 types or not.

Back
Top Bottom