What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Full speech. Interesting how he informed the press, almost as an after though near the end. He said they believe that training sessions will begin in early July. If this is true, then training sessions are likely underway now. This might actually explain what those previous shipments from Iran to Russia were all about. If this is real, then this deal was likely signed months ago and it could be part of a broader deal for Iran to procure fighter jets, air defense systems and other hardware.

Now here's the thing. The Russians have a UAV industry of their own. They produce reconnaissance drones (Orlan-10), kamikaze (KUB-BLA), multirole (Orion), stealth drones (Okhotnik), but the issue here is that the Russians never produced UAVs on a large scale, except for the Orlan-10.

Regardless much of their preexisting stock has likely been depleted in Ukraine. Western backed sanctioned might have also disrupted their attempts to mass produce more in a timely manner. Iran currently has over 1000x UAVs in active service. Iran has also been subject to US sanctions for years now and so its entire supply chain and assembly lines are designed to function despite sanctions.

Can Russia produce UAVs and are they producing more for Ukraine ? Yes, but this is a time sensitive issue. The Russians should have invested more heavily in their UAV industry and right now they're wishing that they had, but regardless Iran's UAVs are battle tested and their only options now are China and Iran. Realistically the Chinese might be reluctant because of the threat of sanctions. Iran on the other hand is already being sanctioned by the west and so the west has no leverage in this regard.

If anything this is an excellent opportunity for Iran in more ways than one. Iran can earn extra revenue, cement closer military ties with Russia. Not to mention the fact that this would be a great advertisement for Iranian weapons and potentially an opportunity to test various platforms in a high intensity conflict involving the most powerful nations in the world . Iranian drones have already proven their worth in Syria, Ethiopia, Yemen, but this is a different kind of conflict

I have to say orlan-10 is garbage compared to Iranian scan Eagle. The camera is awful. It’s like Russia FLIR tech is way behind Iran outside of maybe their top of the line fighter jet.

We all know Iran attempts to reduce costs whenever possible, but Russia just builds crap these days.

I have to say orlan-10 is garbage compared to Iranian scan Eagle. The camera is awful. It’s like Russia FLIR tech is way behind Iran outside of maybe their top of the line fighter jet.

We all know Iran attempts to reduce costs whenever possible, but Russia just builds crap these days.

Strategic partnership. Let's not knock our friends and try to sow discord.

usd eur.jpg

1 usd jpn.jpg

1 euro jpn yen.jpg

Full speech. Interesting how he informed the press, almost as an after though near the end. He said they believe that training sessions will begin in early July. If this is true, then training sessions are likely underway now. This might actually explain what those previous shipments from Iran to Russia were all about. If this is real, then this deal was likely signed months ago and it could be part of a broader deal for Iran to procure fighter jets, air defense systems and other hardware.

Now here's the thing. The Russians have a UAV industry of their own. They produce reconnaissance drones (Orlan-10), kamikaze (KUB-BLA), multirole (Orion), stealth drones (Okhotnik), but the issue here is that the Russians never produced UAVs on a large scale, except for the Orlan-10.

Regardless much of their preexisting stock has likely been depleted in Ukraine. Western backed sanctioned might have also disrupted their attempts to mass produce more in a timely manner. Iran currently has over 1000x UAVs in active service. Iran has also been subject to US sanctions for years now and so its entire supply chain and assembly lines are designed to function despite sanctions.

Can Russia produce UAVs and are they producing more for Ukraine ? Yes, but this is a time sensitive issue. The Russians should have invested more heavily in their UAV industry and right now they're wishing that they had, but regardless Iran's UAVs are battle tested and their only options now are China and Iran. Realistically the Chinese might be reluctant because of the threat of sanctions. Iran on the other hand is already being sanctioned by the west and so the west has no leverage in this regard.

If anything this is an excellent opportunity for Iran in more ways than one. Iran can earn extra revenue, cement closer military ties with Russia. Not to mention the fact that this would be a great advertisement for Iranian weapons and potentially an opportunity to test various platforms in a high intensity conflict involving the most powerful nations in the world . Iranian drones have already proven their worth in Syria, Ethiopia, Yemen, but this is a different kind of conflict

I expect Iran would be provide UAS's to Russia more than UCAVs. My impression, is Russia needs more longer range strike capability without using expensive assets like missiles, totally not worth it. Softer targets from range can be hit with Samand-3 type UAS, and they need 1000s of them frankly, and only Iran can provide this kind of capacity.

I can see UCAVs like MH6, but I think their primary concerns are long range strikes, and recon, and the 1000s of recon UAVs Iran has would fit the bill.

I agree, this is probably part of a larger deal that includes details that we don't know yet, but will find out soon enough. Russia would be wise to enhance relations with Iran.

No, I am asking where you heard this. It was mentioned by an Iranian official?

TF30 is a 1960’s engine, so reverse engineering it wouldn’t be impossible But would a very serious jump in Iran’s capability.

I remember during the Qaher unveiling, an Iranian official said they presented the Supreme Leader with the the option to attempt to reverse engineer F-14, but he said no that we should build our own design. Now I don’t know if that was just ramblings of someone trying to make Qaher F-313 unveiling look good or not.

But I would be surprised Iran would stick an Iranian built TF-30 into an F-14 without testing it quite extensively to the point it was ready for mass production. Because losing an F-14 is a very very costly thing for Iran’s airforce.
Agha, it seems to me this is quite probable. If I remember correctly, even amerikwans struggled in the F-14's initial days due to the TF-30 being underpowered to support the aircraft and had a series of crashes until Pratt & Whitney came up with a replacement.

Given the nature of the crash, it seems to be completely in line with the occurrence. Plus @Mr Iran Eye has also talked about a new engine being fit on F-4 airframe for testing and posted photos of those as well.

@WudangMaster What point in the video does he speak of the new engine? Post timestamp please and give us the gist of what was said (I don't speak the old tongue, sadly 😿).

I

I showed it to someone and he remarked it was likely a bump cap and that real FAST helmets are rated 3A (impossible to penetrate like this).
the fast helmet is design , now many company can use the design , it seems somebody made a lot of money by building those helmet for Ukraine.

So after their initial attempt to cripple Russia's economy backfired, after much brainstorming, the Americans have come up with a brand new scheme. Basically they want to impose a "price cap" on Russian oil. In essence limiting how much Russia can sell its oil for on the global market. They believe that they can do this since most of the worlds insurance providers for commercial shipping are based in the west. But why can't the Russians simply establish their own institutions to insure their own oil shipments ? What prevents them from doing so ? I don't see this scheme working.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom