What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

So I was banned again for a month for posting POSTS OF NO VALUE/OFF TOPIC on the Chill Thread. How can anybody post anything off topic on Chill Thread?
Does the one moderator who did this know wat CHILL Thread means. It’s the only place where ppl can talk freely about any topic. Anyone who has ever CHILLED even once in their lives understands this. How can I be off topic or no value wen this thread is meant to chill. @SQ8 do u wanna respond or will u ban me again and act like a hegemon from Medieval Times?
cause you cant take a chill pill mate...

So I was banned again for a month for posting POSTS OF NO VALUE/OFF TOPIC on the Chill Thread. How can anybody post anything off topic on Chill Thread?
Does the one moderator who did this know wat CHILL Thread means. It’s the only place where ppl can talk freely about any topic. Anyone who has ever CHILLED even once in their lives understands this. How can I be off topic or no value wen this thread is meant to chill. @SQ8 do u wanna respond or will u ban me again and act like a hegemon from Medieval Times?
sorry about all that BS, and welcome back. PDF has low tolerance for harsh truths, even i've been banned multiple times, for weak excuses that hurt some Pakistani egos...

sorry about all that BS, and welcome back. PDF has low tolerance for harsh truths, even i've been banned multiple times, for weak excuses that hurt some Pakistani egos...
Won’t be surprised if he bans me again. Wud be truly pathetic but would prove my point 100 %
cause you cant take a chill pill mate...
Or is it because sum truths burn?

Iran has some of the lowest gasoline prices in the world so it's natural that there isn't much consumer demand for electric or even hybrid cars.

In terms of reducing pollution it would be great but from an economic point of view the math doesn't add up.

Unless Iran plans production of lithium ion cells or even better solid state battery cells then Iran’s EV trend is a bit self defeating as they would have to import large amount of lithium ion cells from world leader Panasonic in order to power their cars. Hardly a “resistance economy” in the long run tho it would reduce reliance on fossil fuels and help with pollution.

Also very disappointed in Iran’s EV policies. People want to blame Rouhani or Raisi or Ahmadinejad, but it’s the entire Republic that is inept at adopting game changing economic policies. It’s paralyzed to do anything outside of the norm. Compare this to the one party China policy that is FORCING its industry every step of the way to push the envelope in every field.

Iranians are smart, intelligent, and hardworking. If not as much as Chinese then close to it. But it seems from a business standpoint many just want to “skate on by” and “cut corners”.

No reason Iran’s entire government vehicle and taxis shouldn’t have been EV by now or by 2025. No reason to not adopt incentivized policies for Iranian car manufactures to build EVs. If car manufactures wouldn’t do it then work with the defense industry to develop electric powered trucks (biggest vehicle polluters in Iran) as well as cars.

Then just sit back and see how fast Iranian car manufactures change their tune. It was Tesla that pushed the major auto car makers to switch to the EV sooner than scheduled.

Raisi says car manufactures should learn from defense industry, but he forgets that Iran’s government has massive power to force industry to adopt policies. Just take a look at what China forces or expects its domestic companies to do.
Why would Iran ever import oil when it has the 4th largest reserves of crude in the world. They need to invest in the industry one way or the other. The amount of investment required sounds overwhelming but remember it's over a 10 year period, not all at once

Hopefully we will become an importer and discard digging black soot from ditches.

@aryobarzan

On the interest rate, and why it should be adjusted according to inflation, I would like to add two points.
First of all, interest rate is not like creating money without work. It is simply paying depositor's own money back in its present value, and usually not even in full. So, in fact, not only the depositor is not gaining anything, but he/she is losing capital as well.
Secondly, if you do not pay a high enough interest rate, which should be close to the inflation rate, people will do a simple calculation and realize that their money is vanishing into thin air when you invest it in banks. So, they pull their money out of banks and instead invest their money in things that will retain their value over time. Like what? In case of Iran, popular choices are the US Dollar, gold, silver, real estate, stock market, cryptocurrencies, foreign real-estate or foreign-made goods, or goods that retain value like cement, sheep, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Do you see what happens? By not collecting money in the hands of the people, people who have money will either invest their money in things that the government cannot directly control (like the US dollar or gold), leading to devaluation of the national currency as we are witnessing, or they will buy goods that can greatly affect the lives of others and will increase the costs of living for everyone, leading to more inflation.

When prices tend to go up continuously, people start hoarding necessity goods to sell them at a higher price in future. Inflation will go up even more. The government will be forced to increase salaries, which again will add to inflation. Your economy will enter a vicious circle caused by uncontrolled liquidity.

However, if you increase the interest rate and make it close to the inflation rate, people will have an incentive to put their money in banks because unlike most other options, banks are guaranteed to pay what they say and depositing has a minimum risk (and you can always instantly withdraw your money from your account at any time you want). Risk-averse rich people who are not looking for trouble and just want to ensure that they can live comfortably until death, or people who are so rich that do not care much for getting richer, would deposit their money in banks again. The central government can then use this money to pay its internal debt (without printing more money) or invest it in national projects (without printing more money) or pay it as loans to entrepreneurs and businesses. Hoarding will hopefully stop. Deposited money will re-enter the economy through controlled channels and the government will have a better control over who gets to spend what. Money laundering and tax evasion will be more difficult. Inflation will eventually stop growing like crazy and the value of your national currency will not collapse like it is now.

After you have increased interest rate to a number close to the long-term average of inflation rate, you need to reform your loan system and your tax system. Loans should be paid to people who can initiate new business ideas. This should be different from startup accelerators that usually invest in only few ideas. Currently, banks do not have specific loans for new businesses or entrepreneurs. They give you loans to buy Iranian cars, to buy Iranian-made home appliances, to renovate your house or to construct a new house, but they do not give you loans for starting a new business!

On the other hand, because loan interest rate is low, there is an arbitrage that encourages people with power to use their resources to get even more loans and milk the banking system dry. This means that the rich will become richer and the poor will become poorer. There are thousands or maybe even millions of people who absolutely do not need loans, but they take them as often as they can only because they can and it is profitable in long-term.

The only way that the Iranian economy can be saved is if we gradually increase bank interest rates to near the inflation rate, or else the economy will go down the toilet more than now.

Last edited:

Iran needs to speed up hypersonic cruise missile and HGV BM development. Enemies are moving fast and Iran is sitting around tinkering with the 50th variant of the Fateh family.

@PeeD

How much obstacle do you foresee for development of an Iranian hypersonic cruise missile or HGV BM for extremely high value targets?

What’s the earliest date (year) you could imagine seeing an Iranian hypersonic weapon?

Note: I am not considering Solemani missile a hypersonic weapon as its warhead merely is able to gain extreme speed during terminal phase. However, it cannot “skip” in upper atmosphere or avoid radar spheres and continuously change directions/trajectory.

Iran needs to speed up hypersonic cruise missile and HGV BM development. Enemies are moving fast and Iran is sitting around tinkering with the 50th variant of the Fateh family.

@PeeD

How much obstacle do you foresee for development of an Iranian hypersonic cruise missile or HGV BM for extremely high value targets?

What’s the earliest date (year) you could imagine seeing an Iranian hypersonic weapon?

Note: I am not considering Solemani missile a hypersonic weapon as its warhead merely is able to gain extreme speed during terminal phase. However, it cannot “skip” in upper atmosphere or avoid radar spheres and continuously change directions/trajectory.

A major issue is cost.

French can justify a hyper-sonic CM, as it has a nuclear warhead.

How Iran wants to justify something like that with a conventional warhead? Only have developing a very cost efficient design.
This will happen sooner or later

A major issue is cost.

How Iran wants to justify something like that with a conventional warhead? Only have developing a very cost efficient design.

A DF-17 illustrated that cost effective conventional HGV BMs are possible. So I would expect that to be the first avenue Iran goes for. Modifying a Solemani missile with a true HGV warhead to penetrate HVTs. Furthermore, makes sense to replace EMAD with an HGV. This will reduce greatly the number of Iranian BMs that get intercepted and thus act as a force multiplier.

In regards to Hypersonic CMs that one is tricky. But a naval version could be highly desirable for disabling cruisers carrying naval THAADs thus opening the way for total targeting of carrier strike group by PG missiles, drones, and other CMs.

Both cases represent a very strong benefit if costs can be manageable even if higher. We have seen Iran adopt more expensive platforms before (Sejill). I just didn’t know if costs were main factor the engine needed to power such a CM or airbreathing HGV.

Eight Iranians in world's top scientists list

Each year, Stanford University's research team selects the most influential scientists in their fields, one percent, and two percent, according to scientometric criteria. Based on a study conducted by Stanford University scientists on the Scopus data, a list of highly cited scientists in all disciplines as well as the top two percent of scientific fields was identified and introduced, and this year eight Iranian top scientists have been included.

The selected scientists and professors in this list include Ahmad Reza Dehpour, Mostafa Ghanei, Morteza Izadi, Majid Saeedi, Seyed Fazel Nabavi, Seyed Mohammad Nabavi, Azadeh Manai, and Sedigheh Asgari, IRNA reported on Friday.

A major issue is cost.

Iran is a nuclear power many years ago.
Iran's public program (AEOI) is a covert-story. IRGC stealth nuke program is wayyyy more advanced!
Even AEOI couild build a bomb in days, if needed.

All these never ending "news" , JCPOAs, NPTs, Kamalvandi declarations, Bibi declarations, Rouhani declarations, Biden declarations, Obama declarations, Trump declarations, Ahmadineyad, Raisi, Macron... ALL belong to a trolling war Iran vs USA&ISRAEL&friends (who know ALL very well)
Since military way is not possible, there's a BIG BIG economic war and also a BIG BIG trolling war.

They ALL are trolling us. The truth lies behing this ethernal trolling.

Iran has some of the lowest gasoline prices in the world so it's natural that there isn't much consumer demand for electric or even hybrid cars.

In terms of reducing pollution it would be great but from an economic point of view the math doesn't add up.

Why would Iran ever import oil when it has the 4th largest reserves of crude in the world. They need to invest in the industry one way or the other. The amount of investment required sounds overwhelming but remember it's over a 10 year period, not all at once
If Iran saved it's oil income as a national asset like Norway, sure let's dig ditches. However, currently the opportunity cost of oil far outdoes that of maintaining the status quo. Yes, electric cars or renewables are a case in point. So yes, Iran turning into an importer will trigger far more industrialization. Oil has been a weight on our shoulders.

Last edited:
I like to thank @QWECXZ and @sha ah for their inputs into the Interest rate discussions...and I am not an "economist" just interested on the subject...I fully understand the concept of people not wanting to lose money in a transaction and yes the "Inflation" vs "Interest rate" is a vicious cycle feeding on each other..It must be stopped..how do U stop it.....BOOST PRODUCTION...oh yes very easy to say but very hard to do but I also know raising interest rate is not the answer it simply adds more to the inflation and cycle continuous.

Where do U start:blink::
I think we all agree that to kill the inflation you need to boost the production..remember the definition of inflation.."too much money chasing few goods"

Channel the money that is looking to grow away from chasing the interest rates and into "Production"..the stock market was supposed to do that but we all know it has turned into a quick make money scheme..(yours truly played it for two years and made a ton of $$$ but that was when the market crashed in 2008 when DOW dropped to almost 6000 points)..

How do U channel the money into "production" if stock market is not doing the job...I have some ideas but I say much smarter people in Raisi economics team are working on it...I like to know what plan they come up with and what they do with Interest rates (and exchange rate)..

Side note: if Iran fixes the economy then this airforce/buy/build/funds/lack of funds ..etc all go away. When you have money coming in Tech is no issue for Iran..same as China.

Beautiful Iran in the fall season (northern Iran nature is so much like Canada).

1636206071759.png

1636206124270.png

1636206143967.png

1636206171961.png

1636206196775.png

1636206226651.png

Back
Top Bottom