What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I hope you understand Abii (I wouldn't bother with the likes of sohel and such), it's just ridiculous, so I thought of sharing it, no "troll intention". It has to do with the retarded mindset of Iranian authorities rather than Iranian people.

It says ''Azerbaijan, the land of fire'' its Azerbaijani tourism slogan, i really dont understand what the problem is.
You have to grow up in a dictatorship to understand how dictatorships work. Nonsensical idiotic things like this are a daily occurrence in Iran.

Govt actions make no sense, govt spending makes no sense, foreign policy doesn't make sense, nobody knows how the country is run and by who, there's zero accountability, there are no elected officials, nobody answers to anyone but the top, media is controlled by the same people who own the country, decisions are made on the spot and by few people, loyalty to the dictatorship is more important than merit, positions are handed out to those that obey (not to those that deserve it) etc... Basically it's a fucking zoo lol

Reference: Game of Thrones, seasons 1-4

It's the literal translation of the name "Azerbaijan".

I think it's rather to do with the natural gas that sprung out of earth and still does. The atashgah in Baku (there is no other example) is a medieval building built by Indian merchants (apparent by the Hindu inscriptions on it).

Last edited:
It's the literal translation of the name "Azerbaijan".

No, rather the natural gas that sprung out of earth on hill sides around Baku. The atashgah in Baku (there is no other example) is a medieval building, built by Indian merchants.

Yes, I can read the verses on those inscriptions.

What does land of fire means, is it related that popular Aatasgah of Azerbaijan.
Land of Fire is what the name Azerbaijan means. Azerbaijan has oil and gas resources. the gas which was coming out of the soil, was burning, and it was not extinguishing, So, it was like a flame for eternity. Azerbaijan later became the land for the holy fire in Zoroastrian religion as well. They are some old monuments in Azerbaijan like Takht e Soleyman which was the place for keeping the holy fire. Takht-e Soleymān - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Zoroaster is also claimed to be originally from Azerbaijan.

Probably the case with Iranian Azerbaijan, but the only real trace of Zoroastrianism in north territory is the "Atashgah", which is a Hindu building and not Sassanid. And it is not a surprise since the ancient history of south and north were rather different, in north of Araz you had the confederation of tribes called "Albania", albeit under Parthian and Sassanid influence & rule, but I doubt they ever came to practice Zoroastrianism.

Probably the case with Iranian Azerbaijan, but the only real trace of Zoroastrianism in north territory is the "Atashgah", which is a Hindu building and not Sassanid. And it is not a surprise since the ancient history of south and north were rather different, in north of Araz you had the confederation of tribes called "Albania", albeit under Parthian and Sassanid influence, but I doubt they ever came to practice Zoroastrianism.

They are some controversies about Zoroastrianism. Some people claim that some of these monuments belong to the Mithraism instead. Anyway, I don't believe the theory of having an Azerbaijani origin for Zoroaster. It seems that Mithraism, as long as worshiping local pagan gods, has been the major religion in our region, and it has gradually been replaced by christianity, and that's why we see christian style cemeteries in South and South West Caspian region. But, this process stopped by invasion of Arabs. But, the real extent of spreading of these religions, Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, and also worshiping local pagan gods is not clearly determined yet.

They are some controversies about Zoroastrianism. Some people claim that some of these monuments belong to the Mithraism instead. Anyway, I don't believe the theory of having an Azerbaijani origin for Zoroaster. It seems that Mithraism, as long as worshiping local pagan gods, has been the major religion in our region, and it has gradually been replaced by christianity, and that's why we see christian style cemeteries in South and South West Caspian region. But, this process stopped by invasion of Arabs. But, the real extent of spreading of these religions, Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, and also worshiping local pagan gods is not clearly determined yet.

Mithraism, I have heard of it but don't know much about it. I read that Zoroaster was born in greater Eastern Iran.

You are right. Although Caucasian Albania had established Christianity as it's state religion, I think most of the tribes remained pagan (they were some sort of Caucasian tribes). The Parthian and Sassanid rule probably also did not change the pagan belief of these tribes. At least when Strabo had visited the region, he described Albanians as pagans and wrote about their traditions and rituals.

Last edited:
Taking medication should be the last resort.
i agree , but people in iran unfortunately dont think the same . if you dont give 'em medication with fast response , they simply label you with phrases like " een doctore ke hichi halish nist baba , oskole"

Here you have to be on your death bed before they give you medication
dige dari chert migi , system darman iran daghighan olgou bardari az US hast .

system canada az UK . banabarin ravesh ha fargh dare ...... 1 kalagh 40 kalagh nakon .

anyway , as medicine is my field , Zolpidem is a new medication which stimulates brain's GABA receptors and allowing serotonin (a sedative hormone ) to be released in brain .

it has very low side affects and has a half-life of 2-3 hours , allowing the patient to wake up without dizziness that other medications like lorazepam and diazepam cause .

You are right. Although Caucasian Albania had established Christianity as it's state religion, I think most of the tribes remained pagan (they were some sort of Caucasian tribes). The Parthian and Sassanid rule probably also did not change the pagan belief of these tribes. At least when Strabo had visited the region, he described Albanians as pagans and wrote about their traditions and rituals.

Caucasian Albania, how it has name common to Albania of Europe.

Caucasian Albania, how it has name common to Albania of Europe.

It was a name given by Romans, I'm not sure about the meaning of the word. There was also an "Iberia" (like the Iberian Peninsula) in present-day Georgia, next to "Albania".

i agree , but people in iran unfortunately dont think the same . if you dont give 'em medication with fast response , they simply label you with phrases like " een doctore ke hichi halish nist baba , oskole"

dige dari chert migi , system darman iran daghighan olgou bardari az US hast .

system canada az UK . banabarin ravesh ha fargh dare ...... 1 kalagh 40 kalagh nakon .

anyway , as medicine is my field , Zolpidem is a new medication which stimulates brain's GABA receptors and allowing serotonin (a sedative hormone ) to be released in brain .

it has very low side affects and has a half-life of 2-3 hours , allowing the patient to wake up without dizziness that other medications like lorazepam and diazepam cause .
In the 14 years I've been in Canada, I've never been prescribed any medication and that's the 100% truth. The only exception was when I pulled my 4 wisdom teeth out and was prescribed pain killers, that's literally it.

In Iran you get shots every time you catch a cold and medication is taken like candy. I don't know about the US. American medical system is the worst out of all OECD countries (developed countries).

And who cares what few side effects a drug is known to have currently. Down the line, we could find out 10 new things about a drug. It could cause more problems than anything. Taking medication for a nuisance (this isn't even a problem, let alone something that requires medication) is insane.

In Iran you get shots every time you catch a cold and medication is taken like candy.
again , i agree with you . in iran doctors prescribe "dexamethasone" which is a very very powerful immuno-suppressant drug for each and every sore throat !!! That is insane ! it immediately removes any bad feeling / disease in the body , but has serious side effects later in life .

American medical system is the worst out of all OECD countries
lol , again you're exaggerating ....

almost every text book regarding medical care in written in US . you know i dont like US , but seriously , if there was no US , modern medical care would still be following the iranian textbook of abu ali sina :lol:

And who cares what few side effects a drug is known to have currently. Down the line, we could find out 10 new things about a drug. It could cause more problems than anything. Taking medication for a nuisance (this isn't even a problem, let alone something that requires medication) is insane.
no , its not insane . as i said before , that drug is safe for use if its taken with doctors prescription . UK care system has a lot of huge big faults , just like the american one . if you want to know why , ask , i can explain

peace .

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom