What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Dude, all Qajars are not from Gorgan ;) For example, my branch was living in Gharabagh ;) So, I am not fully familiar with you guys ;) Anyway, I still think that you are wrong. For example, what Sobhan-Gholi means? Sobhan is the name of god. If Gholi means servant, we can say that Sobhan-Gholi means the servant of God, but if it means Ali, as you said, it would meant Ali the God, which obviously cannot be true. BTW, @Irajgholi also agreed that Gholi means Servant. But, I am not sure, maybe you are right. @Irajgholi , does Gholi means Ali or Servant? :undecided: @ghara ghan , I think I am right, but I would ask it from someone to make sure and let you know about it ;)

:tup: Aks ra paak kon :-) ;) In doust e ma ham, familish gharanjik boud. oun ham mesle dadash e shoma sefid boud, vali cheshm haash ye kam keshideh tar boud ;) man mikhaastam bedounam ke tou yek shaakheh az shoma, masalan gharanjik ha be tor e mesaal, ekhtelaaf e chehre che ghadr hast? chon beyn e ma, ekhtelaaf e chehreh kheyli kam nist ;) vali man daashtam ba khodam fekr mikardam ke aayaa in be dalil e in hast ke Qajar ha ba baghiyeh ziyaad mixed shodand, ya inke baraaye baghiye ye ghabileh haye turk ham hamin tor ekhtelaaf chehreh beyneshoun hast.
valla man nemidunam chetory in roo javab age manzuret aksariyat aghaliyate asksariyat mesle dadasham hastan

I thought I said that I fainted ! :unsure:

I heard that in a Documentary on Iran whereby a Communist Politician in Shah's time was saying how he was tortured till he fainted & he made the 'Behoshum Shuddam' sound ! :ashamed:

-------------------------------
@ghara ghan BTW, I remembered that "Gholi Beik" was also used before as a rank or nickname which it meant the Great servant of king. ;) It cannot be meant as the Great Ali, am I right?
look your doing really trouble mistake beg means lord goli beg means ali the lord . we named a child with this kind of name when our father or grand father whom he has named as ali and he is beg of some where ! we still doing this my grand father's grand father was a haji and today we named a child with his name and his title thats normal even if the boy is not really a haji

I thought I said that I fainted ! :unsure:

I heard that in a Documentary on Iran whereby a Communist Politician in Shah's time was saying how he was tortured till he fainted & he made the 'Behoshum Shuddam' sound ! :ashamed:

:lol:
uh, I got it. Dude, We say Bihoush Shodam in fingilish. ;)

Fingiligh: Persian written by English Alphabet ;)

Gholi comes from Ghulam (غلام) which means servant in Arabic. The Ghulam and Ghilman were famous Turkic slave-solders in the Samanid and Abbasid empires. But the linguistic roots of the word are Arabic.

look your doing really trouble mistake beg means lord goli beg means ali the lord . we named a child with this kind of name when our father or grand father whom he has named as ali and he is beg of some where ! we still doing this my grand father's grand father was a haji and today we named a child with his name and his title thats normal even if the boy is not really a haji
Dude, I am 90% sure that you are not right. But let me ask one of my acquaintances about it, and let you know in a few days ;)

I think it is Turkish.

"Kul" means slave. TÜRK DİL KURUMU

"Kulu" means servant of someone like If you say "Allah'ın Kulu" it means servant of god.

Ghuli seems like a pronunciation difference.
i really have a problem to translate what i meaning to you kul and gholi and gholam and are not same kul dont mean slave it's difficult to explain it means arm or something when we are saying allah'in kulu yes it's translate to english means servant of allah but it's root came from arm not gholi or gholam about gholi قلی and gholam غلام you are making big mistake

Gholi comes from Ghulam (غلام) which means servant in Arabic. The Ghulam and Ghilman were famous Turkic slave-solders in the Samanid and Abbasid empires. But the linguistic roots of the word are Arabic.

What's up with your avatar. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom