What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

who is she ? doesn't look like afshars in iran. she is blonde

what the hell is wrong with the text editor today ?

She is a ...... singer, actress, etc.....

Her surname is Avşar, maybe it got something do with her lineage. And i have also blondes in my family. We invaded Europe. :)

Armstrong

Pretty much same here we focus on Turkic history, some shallow world history, Ancient Anatolian&Islamic history, all I heard about Pakistan was about economical help of Indian Muslims in war.

spiderkiller

There are many Avshars here, though they're not like an unified ethnic group of course, they're scattered everywhere, they were an important tribal group that their name was almost like an ethnic name, today many people proud of their Avshar heritage.

The Pashtuns have more claim to being a tribe than Kashmiris in fact I never heard of that until from you on pdf lol. However today it is known Pashtuns are an Iranic people whereas idk about kashmiris.

Thats because they say Kashmirs & Pukhtoons are the same people; those who settled in areas that form parts of Pakistan & Afghanistan over the centuries developed into the Pukhtoons whilst those who moved to Kashmir became the Kashmiris & their respective habitats & way of life influenced their culture & their world-view accordingly hence why you find Pukhtoons to be a warrior like fiercely independent sturdy people with a Tribal System because of the difficult life in those areas whilst you find the Kashmiris considerably more docile, less sturdy, more artistic & somewhat subservient because in Kashmir the life is easy; in fact there is a saying to that effect that if you eat an apple today & throw it away, in a year's time an Apple tree would've grown from that spot from the Apple Seed - Thats how fertile the land is !

No we don't have World History Lessons in Pakistan; we've got Social Studies in the Earlier Grades where everything from Civics to Ethics to Geography & World History are taught to us at an Elementary Level such as knowing who discovered America ? Or what are the Rights of a Citizen ? Or why Traffic Laws should be Obeyed ? Or about the more famous personalities from History !

Then we're taught Pakistan Studies which is focused on Pakistan's History from the Antiquity Era i.e the Indus Valley Civilization, the Gandhara Civilization etc. to the Creation of the State of Pakistan on the 14th of August, 1947 & then its subsequent Evolution, its Constitutional Developments, its Contemporary History, its Cultures, its Languages etc.

Turkic Tribes never really figured into any of that; because at an Elementary Stage no one would be teaching anyone about any Tribes & at a Later State Turkic Tribes had no significance to Pakistan or Pakistan; however Iran & Turkiye are mentioned as are the World Wars, the Fall of the Ottoman Empire, the Iranian Revolution of the '80s etc. but this is primarily from a Pakistani Perspective in that how we were involved in any of that; the Khilafat Movement or the Pak-Iran Cooperation on Baluchistan etc.

We don't study the life & works of Ayatollah Khomeni or trace the lineage of the Pahlavi Dynasty or anything of the sort for that really wouldn't be fairly important to incorporate in a limited curriculum !

What about you guys ? :what:

You too @Sinan ! :unsure:
Actually, my tribe has ruled more than half of Pakistan in the eighteenth-ninteenth century, so, I got shocked when you said, you don't know my tribe :(
I am not sure what are the current subjects of history lessons in Iran, but previously, it consisted of almost all Iranian history, and a bit about rest of the world.

Thats because they say Kashmirs & Pukhtoons are the same people; those who settled in areas that form parts of Pakistan & Afghanistan over the centuries developed into the Pukhtoons whilst those who moved to Kashmir became the Kashmiris & their respective habitats & way of life influenced their culture & their world-view accordingly hence why you find Pukhtoons to be a warrior like fiercely independent sturdy people with a Tribal System because of the difficult life in those areas whilst you find the Kashmiris considerably more docile, less sturdy, more artistic & somewhat subservient because in Kashmir the life is easy; in fact there is a saying to that effect that if you eat an apple today & throw it away, in a year's time an Apple tree would've grown from that spot from the Apple Seed - Thats how fertile the land is !

So then why are Punjabis warriors sirjee we know Punjab is also fertile? :whistle:

Very nice I was always good at math but I hated it because it was boring. I prefer history, philosophy and psychology.

i liked the physics better, but compared to mathematics physics in finite ;)
maths is in my nature :D didnt have to force myself to learn, it all came to me very naturally, on the other hand i always had trouble with languages. learning new languages is not easy for me.

to vapas aa ja yaar. :cry:
btw,did u see any movie? :azn:

Actually, my tribe has ruled more than half of Pakistan in the eighteenth-ninteenth century, so, I got shocked when you said, you don't know my tribe :(
I am not sure what are the current subjects of history lessons in Iran, but previously, it consisted of almost all Iranian history, and a bit about rest of the world.

You are a qajar?

spiderkiller

There are many Avshars here, though they're not like an unified ethnic group of course, they're scattered everywhere, they were an important tribal group that their name was almost like an ethnic name, today many people proud of their Avshar heritage.
yeah of course they are :partay: thanks for info buddy

@Sinan @Targon @Armstrong @Irajgholi
The ancestor of our tribe is (t)ghajar Noyan(Noyan is a mongolic origin name, means prince, king), his name is also written as Tcuchar(or Tkuchar) in English language as well. He was one of Genghiz Khan's main generals(one of the 5 most important ones) and his son in law who married to the fourth girl of Genghiz Khan. Actually, The Neyshabur massacre happened when they assassinated Tcuchar, and His wife, massacred the whole city in return :lol:
After that, we came in East anatolia and Azerbaijan, but when Timur wanted to return us to Central Asia, Grand son of Shah Safi (Ancestor of Safavids) talked with Timur, and made him agree not to forcibly move us. So, we remained in the region, and later became one of the 12 main Qizilbash families. Later, the tribe got separated, and part of us emigrated to Gorgan, and Khurasan.
Later, part of our tribe, reached to power in Iran, and became the royal dynasty for more than 1 century.
BTW, I felt that the wikipedia links are not comprehensive, so you may be able to find your answers in this post ;)

Now, i'm completely lost. As far as i know, our ancestor was Oghuz Khan ?

Oghuz Khagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also there are many folk songs about Avshars, here is one

Kalktı goch eyledi Avshar elleri,
Agır agır giden eller bizimdir.
Arap atlar yakın eder ıragı,
Yuce dagdan ashan yollar bizimdir.

Belimizde kılıcımız Kirmani,
Tashı deler mızragımın temreni.
Hakkımızda devlet etmish fermanı,
Ferman padishahın,daglar bizimdir.

Dadaloglu'm birgun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur.
Nice kochyigitler yere serilir,
Olen olur, kalan saglar bizimdir

Her surname is Avşar, maybe it got something do with her lineage. And i have also blondes in my family. We invaded Europe. :)
i searched her name. she is basically a kurd but i think this is because of spreading of afshar family

i searched her name. she is basically a kurd but i think this is because of spreading of afshar family

Back
Top Bottom