What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Our friendly neighborhood tongue spreads fake news from other Iran haters with their own tongues.

i say Salar have no right to call people of the parties who don't belong to his beloved party everything he like.
the text of law is clear , our law is clear and nowhere in it there is a clause that allow him to call everybody he don't like or oppose his views as traitor . he suggest here a certain act is treason , i dare him to show us where in the law that certain act is illegal or considered treason.

till now his answer was i feel it most be so and he started this nonsense by cutting selective part of my post not all of it that was in response to his usual rants and paste it in every post he made today and i again ask him show us where in our law that act is considered treason
I’m not going to ask again. Answer my clear question. So which is it?

Last edited:
How many Talibans died in total in contrast to border guards?

I believe it is 2-3 Iranian border guards compared to at least 13 Taliban fighters.

Fighting ended after a few hours as Iranian embassy in Afghanistan started contacted with Foreign Ministry of Afghanistan.

The upcoming days will let us know if this escalated into something bigger or if senior Taliban leadership reign in their rogue factions.

Taliban cannot afford to alienate Iran as it is a major economic partner. They have already strained ties with Pakistan and Afghanistan is landlocked. Only China is the other major player and I doubt they have appetite of supplying all the economic resources Taliban need to feed their population.

Attacking a border post to kill 2 border guards isn't alienating? I don't think they care about that

The problem is you think Taliban is one homogenous group with a concentrated top down command structure. It is not, it is made up of various factions with their own warlords and they fight under a single ‘banner’. Some are basically equivalent to ISIS in terms of Facist extremist others are liberal to the point of women’s rights.

The ones near the border are much more rouge and neoconservative than the ones in Kabul. Taliban has struggled to exert full control over all groups and align policies.

And they do care, they have a population to feed and have to govern. It’s not like they are hiding in caves doing attacks on allied convoys and checkpoints anymore. Governance is very tough as ISIS figured out.

The ones near the border are much more rouge and neoconservative than the ones in Kabul. Taliban has struggled to exert full control over all groups and align policies.
What matters is their actions not a detailed analysis of the level of control exerted through their hierarchy. Are the more extreme members near the border also responsible for not allowing Iranian experts to visit the Helmand Dam or is that the Taliban central government decision? And I doubt the Afghan population expects much from them

By the way did any independent or Taliban sources confirm the number of deaths on their side?

What matters is their actions not a detailed analysis of the level of control exerted through their hierarchy. I doubt the Afghan population expects much from them

What do you want to do? Invade Afghanistan and bankrupt Iran? Do what Saudi Arabia did against the Houthi’s and wage an air war and costly military effort that goes no where with no clear effective objectives?

Think logically.

The most logical answer regarding the kinetic path would be to take over the dam by force or to break it open via airstrikes. But a political solution + economic sanctions will go a long way. If Iran bans sell of gasoline to Afghanistan then in one month the Taliban will be riding donkeys into battle and not Humvees and Toyotas. Pakistan is bankrupt both energy wise and financially, they do not have gasoline to spare and are on frosty terms with Taliban. You forgot how poor this nation is and how limited in resources they are.

However, If you think killing 100 or 200 Taliban would change their thinking you are wrong. US would kill them in the 100’s with no result. Taliban has near infinite amount of manpower similar to Houthi’s.

Let’s think pragmatically about this and not Call of Duty like.

"Last week the commander of a border post in Sistan Baluchistan had been killed by the Taliban, too."

Iran announced that the commander was martyred in an encounter with smugglers, you claimed Iran lied and here you're posting a similar statement.

The question stands, can you provide evidence for this allegation? If not, why are you sharing unsubstantiated "Tweets"?

Last edited:
What do you want to do? Invade Afghanistan and bankrupt Iran? Do what Saudi Arabia did against the Houthi’s and wage an air war and costly military effort that goes no where with no clear effective objectives?

Think logically.

The most logical answer regarding the kinetic path would be to take over the dam by force or to break it open via airstrikes. But a political solution + economic sanctions will go a long way. If Iran bans sell of gasoline to Afghanistan then in one month the Taliban will be riding donkeys into battle and not Humvees and Toyotas. Pakistan is bankrupt both energy wise and financially, they do not have gasoline to spare and are on frosty terms with Taliban. You forgot how poor this nation is and how limited in resources they are.

However, If you think killing 100 or 200 Taliban would change their thinking you are wrong. US would kill them in the 100’s with no result. Taliban has near infinite amount of manpower similar to Houthi’s.

Let’s think pragmatically about this and not Call of Duty like.
No, I never said anything about an invasion. But they can arm and train border guards so they are not attacked and killed and then say they are so surprised that the barbaric savages 10m away that have been attacking them every other week would attack them

Monitor and defend borders more proactively. they have so many drones, how about using them

Cut off ALL trade with Afghanistan and ban all further refugees, if they want trade they can reign in their supposed extremists (who are fully supported by their central government by the way despite your attempts to distinguish them) and uphold their water obligations

They killed a commander last week, this time they attacked the border post and killed 2 and injured 2 others. Several other minor exchanges of fire in the recent past. Iranian lives are so cheap for IRI

But they can arm and train border guards so they are not attacked and killed and then say they are so surprised that the barbaric savages 10m away that have been attacking them every other week would attack them

I can recall a previous border clash in December 2021, this would be the second. Perhaps one or two others took place, which would correspond to one such incident every 23 weeks at least. This is every other week to you?

They killed a commander last week,

According to Iran smugglers did. Since you claim otherwise, substantiate your suggestion with evidence.

When you do, it'll be credible but in the meantime it'll have to be considered as disinformation, and disinformation won't suddenly become factual if repeated countless times.

Last edited:
No, I never said anything about an invasion. But they can arm and train border guards so they are not attacked and killed and then say they are so surprised that the barbaric savages 10m away that have been attacking them every other week would attack them

I agree with training and equipment replenishment. Have said this for years. But temper expectations and understand the difference between border guard units and Artesh.

You are never gonna be able to train a border guard to match the capability of a guerrilla force that has been fighting Americans for 20 years. Not with the shoe string budget that Iran has. When you guys advocate for no nuclear deal and no economic integration with the west, then that also means less cash to go to military modernization. It would likely cost over 250B dollars to fully modernize the Iranian military from top to bottom soldier to soldier, brigade to brigade. Just look at China’s military modernization effort for a hint of the cost.

Nonetheless, Even China loses border guards and so does India and the US.
Cut off ALL trade with Afghanistan and ban all further refugees, if they want trade they can reign in their supposed extremists (who are fully supported by their central government by the way despite your attempts to distinguish them) and uphold their water obligations

So basically what I said.
They killed a commander last week, this time they attacked the border post and killed 2 and injured 2 others. Several other minor exchanges of fire in the recent past. Iranian lives are so cheap for IRI

To my knowledge the commander was killed by smugglers and separatists tied to the insurgency.

The smugglers in the border regions are not unlike the Mexican Cartel. They are very powerful and flush with cash from the opium trade. Much of the worlds heroin comes from Afghanistan.

I agree with training and equipment replenishment. Have said this for years. But temper expectations and understand the difference between border guard units and Artesh.
Artesh are not really better armed or trained, it's not to do with FARAJA or Artesh
You are never gonna be able to train a border guard to match the capability of a guerrilla force that has been fighting Americans for 20 years.
Fighting them unsuccessfully
When you guys advocate for no nuclear deal and no economic integration with the west, then that also means less cash to go to military modernization. It would likely cost over 250B dollars to fully modernize the Iranian military from top to bottom soldier to soldier, brigade to brigade. Just look at China’s military modernization effort for a hint of the cost.
We have less funds than Afghanistan? And who is "you guys", I always supported JCPOA. Marandi and hard-liners talking about cold Winter for Europe were very arrogant and made a major mistake. JCPOA was a fantastic and necessary deal for Iran
Nonetheless, Even China loses border guards and so does India and the US.
China loses border guards to a nuclear power, we lose them to Taliban
To my knowledge the commander was killed by smugglers and separatists tied to the insurgency.
Other Iranian journalists say killed by Taliban

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom