What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Difference is that they are in charge of a good part of the rest of the world so their internal protests are not nearly as dangerous as the ones in Iran, where dozens of enemies inside and out can take advantage of to inflict a disproportionate amount of damage.
Iran is a very large and very diverse country. Iran has historically experienced a significant amount of structural political turmoil since 1900, e.g. 1921 coup, 1941 abdication of Reza Shah, 1953 coup and 1979 revolution. Iranians are also far less affluent than Israelis, and thus economically desperate.

For those reasons (plus the pernicious influence of psychological warfare and the Western media radicalising the population), it is true that rioters in Iran are more violent than those in Israel.

However, Israel also occupies 5 million Palestinians and is surrounded by powerful resistance forces which regularly fire rockets and missiles into its territory, from Gaza, Lebanon and Syria. Not to mention the increasing militarisation of the resistance in the occupied West Bank. Multiple times a year a large portion of their population is forced to enter bomb shelters. This has never happened in Iran. The scale is totally different.

Therefore, all things considered, I would suggest that their 'internal' situation is far more precarious than Iran's.

NB. The vastly different scale of protests in Iran vs Israel (45,000 out of a 88,000,000 population = 0.05% vs 600,000 out of a 9,000,000 population = 6.7%) is another major consideration. Israel is facing unprecedented internal divisions and these divisions are likely to escalate as both camps become entrenched and view the other as the enemy.

Last edited:
Khamenei has rejected the idea of a referendum to decide major issues (even though this is enshrined in the constitution and has been used twice since the revolution), insulting Iranians in the process.

I wonder how does he reconcile that with what he said previously about the majority will of the people? @Hack-Hook @SalarHaqq

I know the sources are biased, but I don't care about those, just the substance of what he said.

Khamenei has rejected the idea of a referendum to decide major issues (even though this is enshrined in the constitution and has been used twice since the revolution), insulting Iranians in the process.

I wonder how does he reconcile that with what he said previously about the majority will of the people? @Hack-Hook @SalarHaqq

I know the sources are biased, but I don't care about those, just the substance of what he said.

The Leader is reminding what common democratic practice consists of. I don't see why people should feel insulted about it.

Streets of France have been on fire for weeks due to a controversial reform of the pension law against which obviously strong opposition exists in non-negligible segments of society to say the least. The draft was not submitted to parliamentary vote and the French president signed it into law four days ago. Nonetheless, hardly a serious commentator or official (including among the opposition) advocates settling the issue via referendum.

Constitutions which allow referenda, also define the mechanisms through which these can be organized (if not then additional laws do). If it is left to the executive branch to decide when and on what topic to hold a referendum, then the institutions in question will be entitled to make use of said prerogative to the best of their discernment.

In practice referenda will be reserved for matters such as significant overhaul of the constitution, integration into a supra-national organization and the like. They are usually not resorted to for votes on regular legislation nor for vaguely formulated issues such as the nation's general foreign policy orientation.

To be perfectly honest I cannot make sense of why individuals such as Musavi or Rohani should be made mention of. The agenda of reformists and moderates boils down to outright capitulation vis à vis Washington and Tel Aviv, abandonment of sovereignty, disarmament and laying the groundwork for a balkanization of Iran along "ethno"-linguistic lines. It is in the framework of this policy that they routinely put forward the referendum as part of a tactic which consists in attempting to question the popular legitimacy of the political order and in particular of the Leadership, while knowing full well that their calls aren't consistent with regular practice of governance and will therefore not be heard despite the fact that the outcome of such a referendum will likely not be in their favor.

Last edited:
Notice some one (Israel propaganda office) has blurred the cleavage of our idiot shah want to be wife......very islamic indeed:o:...no excitement for the mullahs!..lol
FuHDfxtWcAE3qpV

The Islamic Republic of Iran was not involved in the catastrophic accident during the test launch of the SpaceX Starship at Boca Chica in the USA. We wish the USA best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Boca Chica.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 14.37.34.png

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant warned on Thursday that Israel would likely no longer see limited conflicts on single fronts, but rather would have to face a multi-front escalation in the near future.

“This is the end of the era of limited conflicts,” Gallant told reporters in a briefing. “We are facing a new security era in which there may be a real threat to all arenas at the same time.

“We operated for years under the assumption that limited conflicts could be managed, but that is a phenomenon that is disappearing. Today, there is a noticeable phenomenon of the convergence of the arenas,” Gallant said.

Earlier this month the country saw a security escalation on multiple fronts over the course of a few days, with rocket fire from the Gaza Strip and Israeli retaliatory strikes; a barrage of rockets from Lebanon; a rocket attack from Syria; a suspected Iranian drone launched from Syria and Israeli strikes in response; clashes at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem’s Temple Mount; and deadly terror attacks in Israel and the West Bank.

Iran is the driving force in the convergence of the arenas. It transfers resources, ideology, knowledge, and training to its proxies,” Gallant said, referring to Palestinian resistance forces in occupied Gaza, Lebanon’s Hezbollah, and other Iran-backed militias across the region.

Even if Pavlov, Freud and Piaget meet to study this Omid case, they won't reach anything

What the hell is that obscure conspiracy theory Wahhabi-Yahoodi website

"Persian Supremacist" "Iranian supremacist" "Iranic", these words are hilarious and means strictly nothing
I only shared that source for its detailed analysis of that Omid phenomenon. Weird how such person could have some influence on educated people 🤕

Back
Top Bottom