What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Well "A Post investigation found that the FBI under-counted fatal police shootings by more than half. This is because reporting by police departments is voluntary and many departments fail to do so. also Black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of White Americans.​

But it ain't the point mistreatment could happen, not reporting could happen everywhere and what I said about human right and shooting within the US was just an example .. is there any sensible person whom could justify sanctions? or war in Iraq or Afghanistan? so yes human right right now is just used for political gain ... no one cares about it

But at the end we live in Iran and what matters is Iranian lives and IR must protect them in any cost and uphold human right ...

Seriously, who cares about the domestic dynamics of American society. You really want to hold a country with a history of genocide, slavery and segregation as an example and yardstick to decades of human rights infringements of the Iranian state?

When it comes to political dissent, there is no comparison with the US. Any idiot in the US can start its own media coorporation , protest to anything they want and organize their own political party no matter its ideological affiliation.

In Iran, tens of millions of Iranians are held hostage by an outdated political system from which they are barred to participate if it doesn't fit the ideological outlook of a selective elite.

I'm surprised that you pretend you don't know what happened with the US abortion laws.

The US supreme court can override decisions and laws by federal states. Previously, federal states each had their own period of allowing abortions before viability. The US supreme court in a move against the US constitution and under the pressure of feminists decided to allow women to abort their children regardless of the federal laws of their state.

Even now, abortion is not illegal in the US. In most states, even in conservative states like Texas, abortion is completely legal before week 16, and usually after that until week 20 in some states, which is more than enough for nearly all legitimate reasons for abortion. It is generally believed by nearly all people, both men and women, North American or European or Middle Eastern, that abortion after the full development of the central nervous system is murder. So, you can see why there should be a time frame for abortion, at least in cases that do not require urgent medical intervention.

The issue of compulsory hijab is quite different and you know it well too. First of all, pro-life people are a large percent of the US population while pro-compulsory hijab people in Iran are in the extreme minority. Even Qom and Mashhad which are the holiest cities of Shiite Islam in the world, besides Najaf and Karbala, have seen widespread anti-hijab protests. I reiterate that even women wearing chador do not necessarily support compulsory hijab. Secondly, when you talk about abortion after week 20, you are talking about murdering a fully developed fetus while in the case of hijab, you are just talking about women not being forced to wear headscarves. Apples and oranges, Shawnee. I didn't expect this kind of arguments from you.

This is a long story and Supreme Court went against majority just like mullahs.
I don’t think you follow that closely.

You cannot do abortion easily let alone have insurance for it. Iran is quite easier for abortion.

I do not like Hijab or pushing for a choice.
Both same shit.

از یه طرف میگی چرا آمار بیشتر شده، از طرف دیگه میگی چرا با ماهواره مقابله شد؟
زیاد به ماهواره ربطی نداره من از روزهای اول انقلاب که یادم میاد خانواده ما همیشه سر روسری با کمیته مشکل داشت. و ما ماهواره هم نداریم.
بعد یک سوال مگر نتیجه مبارزه با ماهواره چی شد؟ غیر از این بود که یک کار برای قشر نصاب ایجاد کرد. صبح آنتنها جمع میشد بعد از ظهر ۲ تا نصاب می‌آمد و تمام آنتنهای کوچه را نصب می‌کرد.

Last edited:
Seriously, who cares about the domestic dynamics of American society. You really want to hold a country with a history of genocide, slavery and segregation as an example and yardstick to decades of human rights infringements of the Iranian state?

When it comes to political dissent, there is no comparison with the US. Any idiot in the US can start its own media coorporation , protest to anything they want and organize their own political party no matter its ideological affiliation.

In Iran, tens of millions of Iranians are held hostage by an outdated political system from which they are barred to participate if it doesn't fit the ideological outlook of a selective elite.
The country should stay ideological, revolutionary and the leader principe is good as well.. we dont need weak democracy in such a dangerous region. However the system should adjust and listen to certain wishes of the people.

This is a long story and Supreme Court went against majority just like mullahs.
I don’t think you follow that closely.

You cannot do abortion easily let alone have insurance for it. Iran is quite easier for abortion.

I do not like Hijab or pushing for a choice.
Both same shit.
Actually, I did follow the matter closely.
There are states where abortion is even considered a human right and the state is obliged to ensure that it is protected as a right for legal cases.

And no, a lot of people in the US are pro-life, including women, atheists, doctors, etc.
Most people in the US are not in the extreme ends of the spectrum, but they believe that their should be a certain time frame for abortion.

And abortion in Iran is also not completely free. I believe abortion after hearing the heartbeat is illegal but @Hack-Hook could add more to it.

Then again, abortion is about the right to take the life of a fetus. It's by no means similar to the dissolution of Gasht-e Ershad or removing headscarves.

کی اجازه داده این شبکه های اجتماعی بدون نظارت باشن؟ همون وزیر دیوسی که از استارتاپ های ایرانی حمایت نکرد، ولی چپ و راست واسه شبکه های خارجی تو ایران سرور و پهنای باند اختصاصی ایجاد میکرد. همون دولت دیوسی که پروژه فیلترشکن ملی رو تعطیل کرد تا قضیه برای مردم صفر و صد
استارتاپ های ایرانی داشتن کارشان را میکردن. قبول اونی که ازشان حمایت نکرد کاراشتباهی کرد ولی چرا مردم جبهه نصبت به اونها گرفتن. بخاطر عدم حمایت از اونها بود یا اینکه یک نفر کسب و کار مردم را فیلتر کرد و گفت بخاطر حمایت از استارتآپ های ایرانی این کار را کرده؟

The country should stay ideological, revolutionary and the leader principe is good as well.. we dont need weak democracy in such a dangerous region. However the system should adjust and listen to certain wishes of the people.

The political system is entirely rotten, corrupt and old-fashioned. By its own design, it is unable to provide channels and platforms for the plurality and alternative ideas and perceptions of tens of millions of Iranians.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't possible to reform the system. With this mind, the tensions between the political elite and the people are only going to increase...and I'm unsure and anxious about its repercussions for the Iranian nation.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that you pretend you don't know what happened with the US abortion laws.

The US supreme court can override decisions and laws by federal states. Previously, federal states each had their own period of allowing abortions before viability. The US supreme court in a move against the US constitution and under the pressure of feminists decided to allow women to abort their children regardless of the federal laws of their state.

Even now, abortion is not illegal in the US. In most states, even in conservative states like Texas, abortion is completely legal before week 16, and usually after that until week 20 in some states, which is more than enough for nearly all legitimate reasons for abortion. It is generally believed by nearly all people, both men and women, North American or European or Middle Eastern, that abortion after the full development of the central nervous system is murder. So, you can see why there should be a time frame for abortion, at least in cases that do not require urgent medical intervention.

The issue of compulsory hijab is quite different and you know it well too. First of all, pro-life people are a large percent of the US population while pro-compulsory hijab people in Iran are in the extreme minority. Even Qom and Mashhad which are the holiest cities of Shiite Islam in the world, besides Najaf and Karbala, have seen widespread anti-hijab protests. I reiterate that even women wearing chador do not necessarily support compulsory hijab and in most cases, they don't. Secondly, when you talk about abortion after week 20, you are talking about murdering a fully developed fetus while in the case of hijab, you are just talking about women not being forced to wear headscarves. Also, US abortion laws protect the interests of the US nation by protecting newborns and families while Iran's hijab laws are creating discord and making Iran vulnerable to foreign cultural influence. Apples and oranges, Shawnee. I didn't expect this kind of arguments from you.

You understanding is incorrect and opposite of the truth.

You still got two likes for a completely wrong statement. That is a PAIN.

D37CBE96-F5A2-4CBC-A363-8B76B546A913.jpeg

View attachment 881436
Shawnee, the photo you have shown does not prove anything or does not disprove what I said.
Not only what I said is accurate, but you don't even seem to understand the issue about the US supreme courting overruling its previous decision.

The political system is entirely rotten, corrupt and old-fashioned. By its own design, it is unable to provide channels and platforms for the plurality and alternative ideas and perceptions of tens of millions of Iranians.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't unable to reform the system. With this mind, the tensions between the political elite and the people are only going to increase...and I'm unsure and anxious about its repercussions for the Iranian nation.

This is where we collide.
You want to go the Syrian route and most Iranians do not.

Shawnee, the photo you have shown does not prove anything or does not disprove what I said.
Not only what I said is accurate, but you don't even seem to understand the issue about the US supreme courting overruling its previous decision.

Man you are wrong on this.
Read this:

View attachment 881436
I'm not sure who's making what argument but the Supreme Court did NOT outlaw abortions in the US. The judgement might sound like it did but careful logic shows that is NOT true. Abortion is legal in the US as a whole. States, OTOH, CAN ban abortions now after the recent decision. Things are 'normal' now since state rights have been restored which is a critical friction point in the US constitutional and political eco-system. In that pure context, Roe vs Wade was an incorrect decision taking away state rights. You will see similar laws overturned too in the coming months. Anti-discrimination rules is another one coming.

Ironically, it is not farfetched to see a real mirror image of Roe being applied in the US where NO STATE can allow abortions--which takes us back to the original challenge where state rights were trampled on.

Finally, although elimination of 'abortion' was/is the strategic goal of the right, the foundational argument that resulted in overturning R v W was state rights.

Last edited:
This is where we collide.
You want to go the Syrian route and most Iranians do not.

That is not what I'm talking about. And these Syrian and Libyan examples are completely misplaced. There has been no strong national identity in these countries, and its internal dynamics have always been a reflection of this.

I'm talking about the old Iranian route, as the historian Michael Axworthy was correct in his books when he noted that Iran has had the most revolutions and uprisings of any country in history.

Back
Top Bottom