What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I am from your so called Azeri population. Why would you think that we have problem with returning Azerbaijan to where it actually belongs?

I was merely pointing to a possible coordinated action between Russia and Iran. Caucaus is too sensitive to be ignored. Israel is looking for making trouble in that area, this threat could turn into a potential chance.

I am also Azeri. So why do you act like you are speaking for our entire population, your opinion is only just that —YOURS.

Just look during last outbreak, you will see protests erupted on border because Armenia and Russian military trucks were allowed to transit via Iran. Now suddenly everyone will be happy Iran is entering war to save Armenia from losing more land?

If Iran aids Armenia, the Iranian Azeri population is not gonna be happy. Any notion of seizing major parts of Azeribajian is fantasy. We are not going to annex another country nor would the world allow that.

I am also Azeri. So why do you act like you are speaking for our entire population, your opinion is only just that —YOURS.
:/

Just look during last outbreak, you will see protests erupted on border because Armenia and Russian military trucks were allowed to transit via Iran. Now suddenly everyone will be happy Iran is entering war to save Armenia from losing more land?

If Iran aids Armenia, the Iranian Azeri population is not gonna be happy. Any notion of seizing major parts of Azeribajian is fantasy. We are not going to annex another country nor would the world allow that.
Her shey ki rahbarimiza vabastadi. Har ish ki o desa olajakh.

What did i say?

That is not called an outbreak lol. In a country so large, I've seen larger gatherings at Kourosh Kabirs Gravesite. What makes you think it can't be handled?

Since when do we craft policy based on protests? Since never. If that was the case, we'd be in a very different Islamic Republic.

I dont want to say toomuch, but I smell an Israeli trap against Iran according to Armenia-Azeri Conflict. I dont have the whole picture but I believe that Israel may want to force Iran to a war/conflict with Azerbaijan to distract Iran . In this phase Israel will start maybe something in some undefined against Iran.
There are some puzzles witch match under actual background.

1. Israel and Azerbaijan are close allies (Azerbaijan in some way Israeli puppet, I dont know why and how it came to this)
2. Israel already warned that they will act on their own and will stop Iranian nuclear program at any cost (Zionist military and intelligence on high alert at the moment)
3. Israel is not able to strike Iranian infrastructure inside Iran conventionally and without assistance
4. Iran is close to the bomb.
5. Loosing Armenia Border is a trigger point for Iran wich Iran maybe force to act and Israel know that.

If I would be decision maker in Iran: I would not intervene in this conflict, but support armenia in the long term with training, drones, weapons, Resistance movement and Resources.. Iran should avoid being getting involved into this conflict.

Azerbaijan should be punished very very hard for this move in the long term.

I strongly believe/feel that this conflict is meant for Iran and should bring Iran into a trap. I hope Im wrong.

1663183587378.jpeg

LOL​

Conclusion of following thoughs:
I dont want to say toomuch, but I smell an Israeli trap against Iran according to Armenia-Azeri Conflict. I dont have the whole picture but I believe that Israel may want to force Iran to a war/conflict with Azerbaijan to distract Iran . In this phase Israel will start maybe something in some undefined against Iran.

1. Israel and Azerbaijan are close allies (Azerbaijan in some way Israeli puppet, I dont know why and how it came to this)
2. Israel already warned that they will act on their own and will stop Iranian nuclear program at any cost (Zionist military and intelligence on high alert at the moment)
3. Israel is not able to strike Iranian infrastructure inside Iran conventionally and without assistance
5. Loosing Armenia Border is a trigger point for Iran wich Iran maybe force to act and Israel know that.

If I would be decision maker in Iran: I would not intervene in this conflict, but support armenia in the long term with training, drones, weapons, Resistance movement and Resources.. Iran should avoid being getting involved into this conflict.

I strongly believe/feel that this conflict is meant for Iran and should bring Iran into a trap. I hope Im wrong.
In my eyes the Azerbaijani Gouverment should be replaced. Or Azerbaijan should not exist anymore on the map. Hope somebody is doing the job.
Azerbaijan have a big army for its size.
I mean 600 to 700 Tanks, 400km range Missiles and 400 to 500k soldiers (Reserve included).
Israel is the main Military supplier of azerbaijan.

This should definitly have an end. I dont know why Iran was so soft to these traitors.

Of course!

Consider the whole purpose of Israeli weapons sales and support for this is purely an Israeli design against Iran. They want to use this country as a vessel for their own protection. Never doubt this. Israel would love for Iran to fight Azerbaijan in a bloody war to exhaust its resources and distract it.

On the other hand, Azerbaijan is a vessel of Israeli designs, but they by no means want to fight a total war scenario with Iran. All their infrastructure can be destroyed. Instead, they have different ambitions to consolidate pan-turkish borders and orchestrate instability inside Iran. Not fight a war.

Regardless, IRGC and Army are fully aware of these designs based on their statements, do not doubt that Iran can fight a land war with Azerbaijan and fight a missile war & drone war with Israel simultaneously. These are entirely different fields of operation that do not overlap in equipment resources. Sometimes when you lay a trap for someone it can backfire badly. This can also become an opportunity to accelerate anti-Aliyev operations and finally rid the western puppet in Armenia to someone who is willing to work deeply with Iran. Unfortunately Armenian Government is a big problem. This attempted trap should be a pathway to generating opportunities to thwart anti-Iran attempts, restoring land by force within Armenia's internationally recognized borders is one of them and sending a message without starting a war.

A mistake would be something akin to bombing Baku.

In my eyes the Azerbaijani Gouverment should be replaced. Or Azerbaijan should not exist anymore on the map. Hope somebody is doing the job.
I mean 600 to 700 Tanks, 400km range Missiles and 400 to 500k soldiers (Reserve included).

This should definitly have an end. I dont know why Iran was so soft to these traitors.

Iran is undoubtedly heading on a collision with Azerbaijan if major diplomatic overtures fail (which they seem to be) in the near to midterm.

This is probably something in the works, as @SalarHaqq mentioned their are opportunities for these changes. Unwillingness to press for these earlier was due to maintaining good relations with this country. But this has not succeeded, and only recently these ideas have been pursued.

Their is a difference between army size in paper and in real-life actual combat readiness. Technically Iran's army would be one of the largest if not atleast top 3 in the world if you throw professional Artesh, IRGC, Conscripts, and Basij , but in reality, actual combat readiness would present much lower numbers. The same goes for Azerbaijan which is a small but professional force. They certainly do not have 400k soldiers they can field.

Of course!

Consider the whole purpose of Israeli weapons sales and support for this is purely an Israeli design against Iran. They want to use this country as a vessel for their own protection. Never doubt this. Israel would love for Iran to fight Azerbaijan in a bloody war to exhaust its resources and distract it.

On the other hand, Azerbaijan is a vessel of Israeli designs, but they by no means want to fight a total war scenario with Iran. All their infrastructure can be destroyed. Instead, they have different ambitions to consolidate pan-turkish borders and orchestrate instability inside Iran. Not fight a war.

Regardless, IRGC and Army are fully aware of these designs based on their statements, do not doubt that Iran can fight a land war with Azerbaijan and fight a missile war & drone war with Israel simultaneously. These are entirely different fields of operation that do not overlap in equipment resources. Sometimes when you lay a trap for someone it can backfire badly. This can also become an opportunity to accelerate anti-Aliyev operations and finally rid the western puppet in Armenia to someone who is willing to work deeply with Iran. Unfortunately Armenian Government is a big problem. This attempted trap should be a pathway to generating opportunities to thwart anti-Iran attempts, restoring land by force within Armenia's internationally recognized borders is one of them and sending a message without starting a war.

A mistake would be something akin to bombing Baku.

I favor sending significant arms to Armenia under a plausible deniability regime in order to minimize potential political fallout with Turkey and help restore Armenian territorial integrity to some appreciable degree. But Azerbaijan, knowing full well who is sending Armenia these major arms. Would be more emboldened to keep pushing Iran until some redline is crossed.

Game of chicken really...

IRGC would need to gauge the correct strike package that can accomplish mission goals without leading into a significant regional war. To be completely honest, any Iranian lead operation against Azerbaijan will open the flood gates and that'll be that.

I don't see how a highly militantly radical ethnocentric(somewhat) state like Pan-Turkish Azerbaijan is going to say "well, Iran is hitting us now. Better stop what we're doing". If anything, Israel/NATO/America will use this as an opportunity to form a new front against Tehran, this time right at home.

Last edited:
I favor sending significant arms to Armenia under a plausible deniability regime in order to minimize potential political fallout with Turkey and help restore Armenian territorial integrity to some appreciable degree. But Azerbaijan, knowing full well who is sending Armenia these major arms. Would be more emboldened to keep pushing Iran until some redline is crossed.

Game of chicken really...
They will know, and they will keep pushing the envelope. I promise you that.
IRGC would need to gauge the correct strike package that can accomplish mission goals without leading into a significant regional war. To be completely honest, any Iranian lead operation against Azerbaijan will open the flood gates and that'll be that.

I don't see how a highly militantly radical ethnocentric state like Pan-Turkish Azerbaijan is going to say "well, Iran is hitting us now. Better stop what we're doing". If anything, Israel/NATO/America will use this as an opportunity to form a new front against Tehran, this time right at home.
The correct strike package would simply consist of precision strikes on their positions inside occupied Armenia. Even if you want to address the thoughts of the hypocrites in the west, they will have no way to turn this into a UN security council issue vis-a-vis Iranian aggression when it comes to supporting Armenia's territorial integrity. If a strike would occur inside Azerbaijan proper, then they can use it as an opportunity.

Also, they are not ethno-centric as one might think, their are many minorities in the country.

I am not saying they are Qajars, I said if this border is closed, then yes it is fair to call them Qajars because they have locked us out of Qafqaz region.

Present day Iran and the Qajar dynasty would still be like night and day, for the reasons I listed (you didn't address them). However as I stated, Iran has made it abundantly clear she will not tolerate the eventuality of the Baku regime attempting to grab internationally recognized Armenian land.

If Pashanyan wants to sell Artaskh, frankly that is not crossing a redline of Iran, I will agree with you there but if you are looking at the battlefield events, Azerbaijan as I type this has already attack villages deep into Syunik and its ambitions have been very clearly to control this corridor and lock Iran out. If you want to wait until they are at the finish line before making an impact, then we will have to pay a higher price for it. Our passivity is starting to look like Putins passivity for years in Ukraine.

I did not envisage Azarbaijan confining itself to Artsakh. We don't know what they will be doing from now on. I didn't say I want Iran to wait until they're done, I'm saying I trust Iran to make her move at the most opportune moment.

Russia did not stay entirely passive in the face of NATO encroachment in Ukraine. It took Crimea and began supporting separatist rebels in the Donbas after Yanukovich's removal in 2014.

Since when you do care about neoliberal rules based international order?

My position's got nothing to do with a neoliberal international order. What the "rules based" concept you're evoking means in practice, is subversion of international law by western powers imposing their own rules.

Also, please show me where I ventured into the legal territory. I focused on political legitimacy, which is very different from legality, as well as on opportunity, cost-effectiveness and viability.

We send ballistic missiles to Houthis, and targeted inside Abu Dhabi without giving a shit, we attack Abqaiq of Saudi Arabia.

In the midst of a hot shooting war which had been going on for years, and was involving a close ally of Iran, the legitimate Yemeni government led by AnsarAllah. Did Iran strike Saudi and Emirati installations preemptively? Who's Iran's close ally in the southern Caucasus?

We give sophisticated technology to non-state actors. All the things we've done is actually more than enough justification for states in the region and the United states to wage a war against Iran. When it comes to the Israeli republic of Baku, it is all about diplomacy? That is not the Islamic Republic of Iran that I know of.

That's because you aren't taking into account the entire range of factors involved in the Armenian-Azarbaijani conflict now. When did I advocate or mention the term diplomacy?

Pashayan may be a traitor and a loser for the west, but when has that ever stopped us from protecting our interests?

*Pashinyan is not the only issue here. Another, more important one are Iran's local allies in the so-called Azarbaijan Republic. They built their legitimacy on being good Azari patriots. You will need an extremely smart and sophisticated approach, which won't come to the fore through general analogies with the conflict in Yemen, in order to avoid offering the Aliyev mafia the trigger it has been waiting for to comfortably isolate, ostracize and eliminate any and all Iran-friendly elements across the Aras. Mind you, inside the Azarbaijan Republic it's these elements Iran would want to rely on if push came to shove. Now there are solutions to this, but they don't merely boil down to arming Armenia and calling it a day. It's more complex than that.

Furthermore and to address to your question, when was the last time Iran extended wide scale military assistance to a government suspected of shilling for the zionist regime and NATO, which might have no intention to make proper use of the sophisticated Iranian weaponry it would receive, and might even end up making it available to the enemy for closer scrutiny? Any examples?

Azerbijian must know if it seizes villages inside Syunik (which they have done, technically violating our red line), then they are risking limited attacks from Iran (within Armenia) to drive them out.

Iran's red line consists in changes to the borders of the region, and I will include de facto changes in that definition, not only de jure ones. Now how do you know Azarbaijan is going to station its forces indefinitely there? Even if it does, this will open multiple opportunities for Iran to make life difficult for those same forces.

If I may, you're tending to jump the gun prematurely without considering the whole picture and while going overboard with negative presumptions as to what Iran's reaction will be.

They are also risking an Islamic awakening inside Azerbaijan. If these threats have been given and they still ignore, then perhaps the SL has to reconsider its approach to this Kheybar state in the making.

Not sure what Islamic Awakening you're having in mind.

The Supreme Leader doesn't have to reconsider his approach: it is a clear and sound one, conditioned upon the Baku regime's behaviour.

I mentioned before but I will mention again, just incase, I wasn't likening the Islamic Republic to Qajar era. I was comparing them to Qajar if this land connection is cut off, because that is exactly what happened to us during that era, we lost all contact with Qafqaz region.

No, Iran lost Aran va Shirvan (present day Republic of Baku), Georgia, Armenia and Daqestan to the tsarist empire. It's not access to regions outside her borders we're talking about, but actual land and territory of her own. It's apples and oranges.

Let me thus reiterate my invitation to try and refrain from inaccurate historic analogies, as they are not helpful.

Last edited:
This is probably something in the works, as @SalarHaqq mentioned their are opportunities for these changes. Unwillingness to press for these earlier was due to maintaining good relations with this country. But this has not succeeded, and only recently these ideas have been pursued.

Their is a difference between army size in paper and in real-life actual combat readiness. Technically Iran's army would be one of the largest if not atleast top 3 in the world if you throw professional Artesh, IRGC, Conscripts, and Basij , but in reality, actual combat readiness would present much lower numbers. The same goes for Azerbaijan which is a small but professional force. They certainly do not have 400k soldiers they can field.
I share same opinion about army sizes on paper or military spending. These are just numbers. I also believe that Iran will finish azerbaijan within a short time period there is no doubt. On the other hand it will cost resources, not a small part of Irans army, material, air defence and other military goods will be transferred to the north. This will distract Irans concentration from other directions. And this time window will give other actors maybe a chance to go for something. Im shure is this is the plan, Azerbaijan is prepared for an Iranian invasion in some way. At least they will go asymetric . I hope im wrong. But Azerbaijan is a very big leverage for Israel against Iran. Its kind os Israeli Hezbollah in Irans north. This should be eliminated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom