What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Ok fair enough only -2 points since you don't watch Iran-England.This one is spicy too.

This is why Iranians support two teams ... :cry:
I mean if i get the time i would watch the whole campaign mann. 2014 WC hits diff i watched almost all matches, Semi final was a heart break though

His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tarik today held a round of official talks with President Dr. Ebrahim Raisi of the Islamic Republic of Iran at Al Alam Palace.

The talks explored various aspects of bilateral cooperation and ways of enhancing the strong ties binding the peoples of Oman and Iran. The aim is to exchange views about issues of common concern.
628b767a9bd35.jpeg

Oman, Iran sign eight pacts in various fields

Oman News Agency (ONA) revealed that the Sultanate of Oman and the Islamic Republic of Iran sign at Al Alam Palace eight memoranda of understanding and four cooperation programmes in the fields of oil and gas, transport, diplomatic studies and training, radio and television, higher education, research and innovation, agriculture, livestock and fisheries, plant protection and quarantine, specifications, standards and conformity assessment.

The two friendly countries also signed cooperation programmes, the first related to the fields of trade, investment and services, the second to an executive programme for technical cooperation in the fields of labour and employment, and the third to an executive programme for cooperation in the field of environment. While the fourth to an executive programme for cooperation in the field of sports for the years 2023-2025.
Unrelated but do you know what the exact figures were for Iran's real GDP in 2021? Information for this year is also appreciated.

Unrelated but do you know what the exact figures were for Iran's real GDP in 2021? Information for this year is also appreciated.
Mr. Ruhani after 2018 was sneaky about economic data and this year's IMF Iran GDP-PPP is very weird.

2021 was last year of Mr Ruhani's government and during Covid-19 lockdowns on top of sanctions :

According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook report released in October 2021, Iran is even ranked higher than regional countries such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey as two heavyweight economies, which are members of the G-20 group.

I think there are different sources stating 1-1.4$ T for Iran's 2021GDP-Nominal.

For current year even with slightly inaccuracy of IMF data, Iran rank would be somewhere between 14-16th.

Last edited:
Mr. Ruhani after 2018 was sneaky about economic data and this year's IMF Iran GDP-PPP is very weird.

2021 was last year of Mr Ruhani's government and during Covid-19 lockdowns on top of sanctions :

According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook report released in October 2021, Iran is even ranked higher than regional countries such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey as two heavyweight economies, which are members of the G-20 group.

I think there are different sources stating 1-1.4$ T for Iran's 2021GDP-Nominal.

For current year even with slightly inaccuracy of IMF data, Iran rank would be somewhere between 14-16th.
Is it even possible for Iran to have such a high GDP despite it being sanctioned more than North Korea?

Also, why has none of this supposed prosperity translated into benefits for the Iranian people?

Be ready to be shocked by this year data

Is it even possible for Iran to have such a high GDP despite it being sanctioned more than North Korea?

Also, why has none of this supposed prosperity translated into benefits for the Iranian people?
Low oil prices helps Iran's economy sometimes because we couldn't export it that much so we used it at home.I think some where close to 2019 Trump sanctions became irrelevant in that sense.

It's almost a decade that Iran could be top 20 but they artificially kept Iran out.

From my understanding sanctions designed in a way that you have very few options to counter them,if you want growth your people will suffer.
If you don't want the growth it's easier on people.

To break these sanctions you need the growth so ...

Be ready to be shocked by this year data
Is it so much different than current IMF data ?

Low oil prices helps Iran's economy sometimes because we couldn't export it that much so we used it at home.I think some where close to 2019 Trump sanctions became irrelevant in that sense.

It's almost a decade that Iran could be top 20 but they artificially kept Iran out.

From my understanding sanctions designed in a way that you have very few options to counter them,if you want growth your people will suffer.

My point is that nobody should have to struggle for basic necessities like food and shelter.

Instead of the whole social program where rations are distributed to the poor, the government should invest that money in desalination plants and hydroponic farms to grow food for the people under poverty line. In fact, they can even be employed under such schemes and associated businesses and jobs can be created to support such ventures (for example building projects to create homes for workers on the premises, grocery stores/supermarkets to keep them supplied, transportation to and from the site etc.).

Adversities into opportunities, my man.

Is it so much different than current IMF data ?
The difference is calculating it according to each dollar 4200 toman or 25600 toman

The difference is calculating it according to each dollar 4200 toman or 25600 toman
Few years ago Iran had 2-2.5 T GDP-PPP so 1.7T nominal is not that far.

There are similar cases which countries changed their economy and went to remove subsidies completely.I think Poland did it in 5 years and numbers relatively speaking were similar.
My point is that nobody should have to struggle for basic necessities like food and shelter.

Instead of the whole social program where rations are distributed to the poor, the government should invest that money in desalination plants and hydroponic farms to grow food for the people under poverty line. In fact, they can even be employed under such schemes and associated businesses and jobs can be created to support such ventures (for example building projects to create homes for workers on the premises, grocery stores/supermarkets to keep them supplied, transportation to and from the site etc.).

Adversities into opportunities, my man.
I'm also firm believer of minimum red line for food,healthcare and education firm hater of top maximum red line.where should this red line be ? that's up for debate.

Wouldn't it be better if government educate people , give them loans and put rails so people go on and do all these things ?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better if government educate people , give them loans and put rails so people go on and do all these things ?
Iran already educates people and for free. They reward it by running away to the West and enriching the enemy.

No, it's far better that the government sets up an initiative at home to get all these low income people employed and working. More skilled jobs should be given to qualified candidates for handsome salaries so as to lock down talent.

Give these people loans and they'll either waste it or take the money and flee abroad.

Iran already educates people and for free. They reward it by running away to the West and enriching the enemy.

No, it's far better that the government sets up an initiative at home to get all these low income people employed and working. More skilled jobs should be given to qualified candidates for handsome salaries so as to lock down talent.

Give these people loans and they'll either waste it or take the money and flee abroad.
Most of small businesses give back their loans I don't know why it's always problem with big buys on top with this issue.I was thinking about majority and small guys loans.

Iran's education system and needs of market has a lot of problems for sure even with all these problems it's better than most countries out there.

Investment in kids education always has been profitable no matter how many people went outside.

It's free for top 1 to 2% guys in higher education.recently IRIB had 5-6 new bosses for multiple TV channels most of them were graduates of AZAD university.

Few years ago Iran had 2-2.5 T GDP-PPP so 1.7T nominal is not that far.

GDP numbers on Iran are nonsense in a hyperinflation environment and wild currency rates.

And PPP also makes India the 3rd biggest economy in the world....we know that’s not true with all the poverty and lack of development in many parts of the country.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom