What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Don't you get it? The Ukrainians lost most of the city in over a month and were confined to the plant and the surrounding areas. So it was constantly bombed for another month. That's why you think they probably had 14k defenders and able to withstand that 30k attackers or whatever number you put up and able to withstand the siege for more than 2 months. Its like the 300 and its allies against a massive Persian Army. Russia just wants to claim Canadian general led the resistance with 14k defenders as you say and that's why Russia had a hard time. Just like Russians claiming they are fighting NATO itself and not embarrassed they are fighting Ukrainians.

By the way it was confirmed that the Russians had already moved most of its forces from Mariupol weeks after the city was taken and left a token force to take on the confined defenders.

Sure General Oldman. Whatever you say.

Thanks for all the sources you cited to back up your 5K number.

We will all here take your word for it.

Sure General Oldman. Whatever you say.

Thanks for all the sources you cited to back up your 5K number.

We will all here take your word for it.
Whatever you say. I sure didn't take a word of another Iranian poster who claims Ukrainians won't fight long before this war started. But thats another story.

My point was terminological in essence. Practically speaking, none of the two models you described would be conceivable under communism. For as said, in communism there is no money, no commodities, no buying / selling things, no paid labor, no price and no materialistic value to any object. It is truly the community of being, as opposed to the society of having (capitalism).
This is one of the many issues.Then if someone works for 2h in a day and someone sleeps 2h in a day for same type of work their input are equal?. Next one is quality of work even in same type of work someones 1h work might be 10 times more valuable than 1000 people working 1h in same field.

From a Marxian perspective, so-called communist states weren't communist, they were capitalist, state capitalist to be precise. Where there's a state - any state, no matter its characteristics, there is by definition no communism. Marx was saying no to the state, no to politics, no to economy, and resoundingly so.
" Marx was saying no to the state, no to politics, no to economy, and resoundingly so."
Such system is either pure capitalism because someone or a group of people guiding it by some sort of moral code (power) or on the verge of becoming one because they competing with other systems and they will take it from them since they don't live on land of honey and milk.

Of course this also applies to any model of a mixed economy - whether inspired by Keynes, post-WW2 German ordo-liberalism, Scandinavian social-democracy, French welfare state, Russian Mencheviks and Social Revolutionaries, Proudhonian "anarcho"-federalism or etc, all of these to Marx were or would have been nothing but avatars of the capital, i.e. forms of governance and organization of the means of production which, at one point in time and space, were necessary for capital to deploy due to the stage in which capital was finding itself in accordance with the social processes stemming from the historical dialectics of the class struggle.

But I believe that basically, you were advocating a mixed type of economy for Iran. And I concur with that, Iran needs a mixed economy, not unfettered US-style capitalism.
Mr Khomeini's first major speech after returning to Iran:
1. Previous political system issues.
2. Iran's land reforms (3:50-5:0)

And Irony is, it's the man named this revolution not once but multiple times , revolution of barefoot(s).

On the subject of Iranian corruption:

Obvious thief hunter biden using daddys connections to make 100k/month being a ukie company board member…

Completely legit , the free, unpolitical, greatest ,uncorrupt justice system on earth, led by marrick garland an obama lacky has cleared hunter of corruption

Iran should learn and emulate this great “uncorrupt” system. The entire world over is clean and pure and Iranians are the only people getting stiffed by a corrupt governent who comes to peoples homes in the middle of the night, just to steal the shirts off poor Iranians.

And before the islamic republic. From pahlavi to qajars, safavids, sassanids were all pure governements. Corruption has never existed in Iranian society. Only mullahs introduced this foreign sorcery to Iran.

Nigeria also has oil. One of their presidents was estimated to be worth 40-50 billion dollars. Large portion of the country are nearly untouched by government development. Thats what corruption that cripples state affairs looks like.

Today I went to the Safeway right by my house. I live in a good neighbourhood but anyways, you know how much a Kilo of Organic brown Basmati costs ? $17 Canadian or $13 USD for one Kilo. Of course there are places where I can get a 10 lb bag or 4.5 Kilos of good Indian Basmati rice for $17. So it depends where you go and who you buy from and what grade. Sometimes if you have to trade convenience for a lower price. But regardless, you tell me where in Iran it costs $13 for a Kilo of rice ?

you are welcome to do that when you live in a 50m apartment and the husband and wife had to work at least for 10-12 hours a day

this is from last year for this year you are free to decide for yourself .

That’s just last 72 hours.

Non-Azov have been surrending throughout the battle of Mariupol. Another 2K+ there.

The fact you think 5K could even hold a city as big as Mariupol is hilarious.
@Oldman1 is just Greek historian of Thermopylae battle, only the noble spartan hoplites are counted and come with 300 number let forget about 1000 lacedamonians or 3000 other Peloponnesians or 700 Thespians or 1000 Malians or 400 Thebans or 1000 Phocians or 1000 opontian Locrians oh and God forbade if you count the slaves they brought with them to war. only Spartan Hoplites are of noble enough race to be counted

I'm sorry but you're badly in denial. 1700+ have surrendered in the last few days. Before that I remember 500 surrendering on one occasion, 1000 surrendering on another and throughout the siege various groups surrendered here and there.

Likely 5000 have surrendered and 5000 could have easily died defending Mariupol. Ukrainians are not supermen like the western MSM make them out to be. Even in Kiev, the Russians only had 40,000 troops, while Ukraine had 100,000+ defenders. If you count territorial defense, allied militias and conscripts, Ukrainians outnumbered Russians more than 5 to 1. The Russians obviously did not plan on encountering stiff resistance. They believed the government would collapse and flee. But so did US intelligence who believed Russians could take Kiev in 72 hours. So the Russians had bad intelligence but so did the Americans.

Anyways, they tried replicating what they did in Crimea, when it didn't work, the Russians withdrew and focused on the Donbas. Now they are moving much more methodically, using lots of reconnaissance, establishing solid supply lines and using overwhelming firepower with mostly artillery, along with airstrikes, rockets, etc to grind down the enemy before moving in on their positions.

Every few days the Russians seem to be gaining ground, a few villages, a few towns. Every major Ukrainian counter offensive in the Donbas has failed. Recently the Ukrainians lost 300+ troops and dozens of tanks and armored vehicles in a failed counter attack. Russians have broken their defensive lines in Izium and Popasnya. They are currently only 30km away from Kramatorsk with multiple pincers. It's just a matter of time now. Give it another 3 months or so and this war will likely be over.

LOL! How long did the Ukrainians confined to the plant? How long was it bombed? You are the moron.

Last edited:
Such system is either pure capitalism because someone or a group of people guiding it by some sort of moral code (power) or on the verge of becoming one because they competing with other systems and they will take it from them since they don't live on land of honey and milk.

Communist communities weren't spared from conflicts, both internal and against neighbors. See Natives American tribes as an example. Yet, they remained communist. There was no capital, no employment, no hierarchy, no money, no property, no trade. And enough bisons to provide for everything they needed to live their lives.

Empirical data suggest it's not an unstable form of existence. Human beings are believed to have dwell like that for nearly 300.000 years. Historically speaking capitalism is in fact the exception, since it only appeared a few millennia ago alongside civilization (more or less 5000 years, or around 20.000 maximum years if we count high cultures as well).

I'd warmly recommend viewing the video shared in my previous post, since all these issues are addressed there.

Last edited:
Today I went to the Safeway right by my house. I live in a good neighbourhood but anyways, you know how much a Kilo of Organic brown Basmati costs ? $17 Canadian or $13 USD for one Kilo. Of course there are places where I can get a 10 lb bag or 4.5 Kilos of good Indian Basmati rice for $17. So it depends where you go and who you buy from and what grade. Sometimes if you have to trade convenience for a lower price. But regardless, you tell me where in Iran it costs $13 for a Kilo of rice ?
let me help you find cheaper rice if you are not in hurry and can wait for two day

by the way its irrelevant , the transportation price to there is a lot different than here

I know about Costco, I have a membership, but regardless, my point is, where in Iran will you find Basmati rice sold for $13 a Kilo ? The prices in Iran are much cheaper than in the west even with the recent price hikes.

And regardless, in many nations commodities cost the same regardless of income. Gold for example will cost the same everywhere. Like I said, there are countries where people make less than $1 a day and they still have to pay 10-20x more than Iran for gasoline.

Nigeria for example, 70% live on less than $1 a day and they pay 40 cents a liter for gasoline even though Nigeria produces 2.5 million barrels a day. In Turkey gasoline costs $1.50 a liter. In Iran gasoline costs 5 cents a liter.

So the government in Iran, you can easily argue is not the most competent, nowhere near the best in the world. However they are nowhere near as corrupt, greedy and incompetent as many western media outlets make them out to be.

let me help you find cheaper rice if you are not in hurry and can wait for two day

by the way its irrelevant , the transportation price to there is a lot different than here

Last edited:
I know about Costco, I have a membership, but regardless, my point is, where in Iran will you find Basmati rice sold for $13 a Kilo ? The prices in Iran are much cheaper than in the west even with the recent price hikes.

And regardless, in many nations commodities cost the same regardless of income. Gold for example will cost the same everywhere. Like I said, there are countries where people make less than $1 a day and they still have to pay 10-20x more than Iran for gasoline.
didn't knew price of transporting rice from India or Pakistan to USA is the same as transporting it to Iran.
and if some place want to sale some food there at higher price its not the rest of the world problem , rice is not main food for average Joes if you want compare the price then go compare it with india or Pakistan or Thailand that the crop is indigenous to there

Mr Khomeini's first major speech after returning to Iran:
1. Previous political system issues.
2. Iran's land reforms (3:50-5:0)

And Irony is, it's the man named this revolution not once but multiple times , revolution of barefoot(s).
wasn't it the same speech that he told to the people, if at middle of the night they knocked their door don't be afraid ?

On the subject of Iranian corruption:

Obvious thief hunter biden using daddys connections to make 100k/month being a ukie company board member…

Completely legit , the free, unpolitical, greatest ,uncorrupt justice system on earth, led by marrick garland an obama lacky has cleared hunter of corruption

Iran should learn and emulate this great “uncorrupt” system. The entire world over is clean and pure and Iranians are the only people getting stiffed by a corrupt governent who comes to peoples homes in the middle of the night, just to steal the shirts off poor Iranians.

And before the islamic republic. From pahlavi to qajars, safavids, sassanids were all pure governements. Corruption has never existed in Iranian society. Only mullahs introduced this foreign sorcery to Iran.

Nigeria also has oil. One of their presidents was estimated to be worth 40-50 billion dollars. Large portion of the country are nearly untouched by government development. Thats what corruption that cripples state affairs looks like.
if only you guys learnt that if there are corruption there it won't mean we must close our eyes on corruption here.
and by the way who told you we like to copy Ukraine system

if only you guys learnt that if there are corruption there it won't mean we must close our eyes on corruption here.

We'll be perfectly content if no Iranian believes the lie that their country is somehow the epitome of corruption or that it's in another league compared to the rest of the world - when in fact the contrary would tend to be the case, if anything. Other than that, many of us would surely be first in line when it comes to weeding out corrupt elements.

Usually the prime motivation of those who will unduly single out Iran is not the fight against corruption: this topic is just one out of a thousand they invoke as yet another pretext to vent irrational, unfounded and obsessive animosity against the Islamic Republic. In line with the propaganda and psy-ops orchestrated by Iran's existential enemies, which they happen to consume on a daily basis.

There's a fine line here, and we won't get duped by it. That's the advantage of never losing sight of the comparative dimension when assessing the actual gravity of a problem, as well as pondering the question whether it's really due to Iran being an Islamic Republic rather than your average, "normalized", US- and zionist-submissive regime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom