What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Today I went to the Safeway right by my house. I live in a good neighbourhood but anyways, you know how much a Kilo of Organic brown Basmati costs ? $17 Canadian or $13 USD for one Kilo. Of course there are places where I can get a 10 lb bag or 4.5 Kilos of good Indian Basmati rice for $17. So it depends where you go and who you buy from and what grade. Sometimes if you have to trade convenience for a lower price. But regardless, you tell me where in Iran it costs $13 for a Kilo of rice ?
Organic food prices are just ridiculous, even here in Tunisia, so you don't make a point or it's just irrelevant....

didn't knew price of transporting rice from India or Pakistan to USA is the same as transporting it to Iran.
and if some place want to sale some food there at higher price its not the rest of the world problem , rice is not main food for average Joes if you want compare the price then go compare it with india or Pakistan or Thailand that the crop is indigenous to there

wasn't it the same speech that he told to the people, if at middle of the night they knocked their door don't be afraid ?

if only you guys learnt that if there are corruption there it won't mean we must close our eyes on corruption here.
and by the way who told you we like to copy Ukraine system
Its actually the american system not the ukie system that found him to be corruption free

This is highly relevant because a huge part of western propaganda is their supposed “independent judiciary”. Anybody with 2 functioning brain cells can see how politicized western courts are.

Thats the shit model people want to inport unto Iran

why we talk about Russi-Ukrain war here ?

Because this is the most significant war geopolitically since ww2

Iranian strategy has been waiting for this moment a long time. The result of this war will have unbelievable geopolitical shocks that will massively impact. Iran

Anybody not paying 110% attention to this war hs their heads buried in the sand

A russian victory would smash the western geopolitical order

Organic food prices are just ridiculous, even here in Tunisia, so you don't make a point or it's just irrelevant....

Well, concerning rice in particular Iran is actually one of the last places on earth where one may find rice that is not just organic but what is more, free from micro-plastic and it comes at affordable prices, grown as it is by small businesses at local plantations (mostly located along the Caspian coastal region). However consumption exceeds national production capability, so imports appear inevitable, unfortunately.

For all rice stemming from industrial scale mass production, is systematically polluted with micro-plastics. Think there's no need to expand upon how unhealthy that is.

Last edited:

Why U.S. bridges are in such bad shape​

Published Thu, Mar 17 20229:00 AM EDT Updated Thu, Mar 17 20226:23 PM EDT
Shawn Baldwin

America’s bridges are in rough shape.

More than a third of the nation’s bridges are in need of repair, and over 43,000 are in poor condition and classified as “structurally deficient,” according to the American Road & Transportation Builders Association.

A structurally deficient bridge is one that requires significant maintenance to remain in service. It is often posted with weight limits but is considered safe to use.

Each day about 167 million trips are taken across structurally deficient bridges in the U.S.

The state of bridges in the U.S. is not good, and we’re losing the battle,” said William Ibbs, a civil engineering professor at the University of California Berkeley.

Hours ahead of President Joe Biden’s scheduled visit to Pittsburgh in January to discuss infrastructure, one of the city’s more than 440 bridges collapsed. Ten people were injured including first responders.

Other bridges collapsed in Washington state in 2013 and Minneapolis in 2007.

“I think what we found is that we deferred maintenance for a long time, and then all of a sudden, we’re at the point where we have this big backlog of maintenance that we have in, and we don’t really have the funding to catch up at this point,” said Kevin Heaslip, a civil and environmental engineering professor at Virginia Tech.

While most of the country’s structures were designed for a service life of about 50 years, the average age of bridges in the U.S. is 44 years. Older bridges with fewer lanes and restricted access can add to congestion impacting commerce and the response time of emergency services.

But after innovations in bridge building, new building materials and additional funding, there are signs of some modest improvement for the nation’s bridge inventory.

In January, Biden announced his administration would distribute $27 billion over the next five years to fix or rebuild thousands of the nation’s bridges. The current estimate to repair all bridges in the U.S. is $125 billion, according to the American Society of Civil Engineers.

So why are so many of the nation’s bridges in a state of disrepair, and what steps are being taken to fix them? Watch the video to learn more.

Why U.S. bridges are in such bad shape (cnbc.com)

I'm sorry but you're badly in denial. 1700+ have surrendered in the last few days. Before that I remember 500 surrendering on one occasion, 1000 surrendering on another and throughout the siege various groups surrendered here and there.

1700 surrender and few hundred before that. Russia claims 1000 Marines surrender but thats the same few hundred.

Likely 5000 have surrendered and 5000 could have easily died defending Mariupol. Ukrainians are not supermen like the western MSM make them out to be. Even in Kiev, the Russians only had 40,000 troops, while Ukraine had 100,000+ defenders. If you count territorial defense, allied militias and conscripts, Ukrainians outnumbered Russians more than 5 to 1. The Russians obviously did not plan on encountering stiff resistance. They believed the government would collapse and flee. But so did US intelligence who believed Russians could take Kiev in 72 hours. So the Russians had bad intelligence but so did the Americans.

LOL! 5k didn't surrendered only half that number. .

If the Ukrainians outnumbered the Russians around Kiev, the Russian forces would have been destroyed, the Territorials and militias were all spread out in Northern Ukraine targeting supply columns and ambushing tanks and other vehicles as well as doing artillery attacks and drones.

Anyways, they tried replicating what they did in Crimea, when it didn't work, the Russians withdrew and focused on the Donbas. Now they are moving much more methodically, using lots of reconnaissance, establishing solid supply lines and using overwhelming firepower with mostly artillery, along with airstrikes, rockets, etc to grind down the enemy before moving in on their positions.
Yes the Russians are trying to be methodically but its very slow and you see the Ukrainians ambushing the supply columns and threatening their supply lines.

Every few days the Russians seem to be gaining ground, a few villages, a few towns. Every major Ukrainian counter offensive in the Donbas has failed. Recently the Ukrainians lost 300+ troops and dozens of tanks and armored vehicles in a failed counter attack. Russians have broken their defensive lines in Izium and Popasnya. They are currently only 30km away from Kramatorsk with multiple pincers. It's just a matter of time now. Give it another 3 months or so and this war will likely be over.
LOL! This war is far from over buddy. You think just cause they take a couple of villages or towns, Putin will declare victory and pull troops out? Is that what you really think? That the Ukrainians will stop attacking because of that? I mean I be happy to see Putin pull forces out and then the Ukrainians will come back in.

Last edited:
Compare with Darayya of Rif Damascus

This was a joke.

FSA was just a bunch of foreign jihadis and mercs. You cannot expect them to fight to the last man like a Ukrainian defending his homeland. FSA started folding as soon as their handlers stopped supplying weapons, drugs, and money. Not to mention the constant backstabbing and assassinations in their ranks.

Nonetheless, ISIS and Al-Nursa terrorist groups would have wiped the floor with with Azov and Ukrainian troops.

Again you're badly in denial. I've seen all the footage. In Azovstal, more than 2000 have surrendered now since Monday. Some sources are putting the number at 2300. Add 2300 + 1000 + 500 = 3800. Now if we consider that Mariupol was completely surrounded and that Ukrainian soldiers surrendered sporadically as the noose tightened, you can easily get to 5000. It's common sense. You think soldiers only surrender in large groups ? Not in pairs or smaller groups or individually ?

From credible sources, I've heard that there were around 14,000 troops and allied militia protecting Mariupol. That's not hard to believe considering that over 120,000 were protecting Kiev and Mariupol was strategically important. Infact even after being surrounded the Ukrainian government did not allow the Ukrainian troops to attempt a breakout or withdraw from Mariupol. Goes to show you how significant it was to them.

Anyways, Kiev is a city of 3 million. Russia had the bulk of their troops in the south and in the Donbas where they made the most progress. They only had 40,000 troops near Kiev. Ukraine had 120,000 defenders. Add to that conscripts, territorial defense and you can easily get to well over 200,000. The Russians were severely outnumbered but according to their intelligence the city would likely fall and the government would flee after a few days. US intelligence also thought the Russians would take Kiev in 72 hours. The Russians believed Kiev/Kharkiv would be another Crimea. However hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, in the Donbas the Russians are winning. They're taking several settlements ever few days. You can deny it all you want if that helps you sleep better at night but the fall of Izium and Popasnaya and nearby settlements does not bode well for the Ukrainians. At the end of the day the Russians have more firepower, air superiority with missiles and fighter jets. Western media keeps saying Russia is running out of missiles but today they struck several important Ukrainian targets with missiles including a community center where Ukrainian missiles were stored, a train station transporting weapons and several vital sites in Odessa as well.

The Russian Ruble is currently at a 4 year high. Meanwhile look at the price of gasoline in the west. Look at surging food prices, inflation. Looks like a recession is on the horizon. Face it the sanctions have backfired and they've backfired very badly. Westerners are not too bright. You sanction Venezuela, Iran and Russia, 3 nations with some of the largest oil reserves and oil production capacity and then you wonder why gas and inflation are surging. Don't worry, Russia is willing to export their wheat, but only in exchange for Rubles, just like their gas and oil. LOL Good luck.

1700 surrender and few hundred before that. Russia claims 1000 Marines surrender but thats the same few hundred.

LOL! 5k didn't surrendered only half that number. .

If the Ukrainians outnumbered the Russians around Kiev, the Russian forces would have been destroyed, the Territorials and militias were all spread out in Northern Ukraine targeting supply columns and ambushing tanks and other vehicles as well as doing artillery attacks and drones.

Yes the Russians are trying to be methodically but its very slow and you see the Ukrainians ambushing the supply columns and threatening their supply lines.

LOL! This war is far from over buddy. You think just cause they take a couple of villages or towns, Putin will declare victory and pull troops out? Is that what you really think? That the Ukrainians will stop attacking because of that? I mean I be happy to see Putin pull forces out and then the Ukrainians will come back in.

ISIS are actually willing to fight to the death. The Ukrainians yap about fighting to the death but look at how they surrendered looking all disheveled and depleted like a bunch of junkies.

FSA was just a bunch of foreign jihadis and mercs. You cannot expect them to fight to the last man like a Ukrainian defending his homeland. FSA started folding as soon as their handlers stopped supplying weapons, drugs, and money. Not to mention the constant backstabbing and assassinations in their ranks.

Nonetheless, ISIS and Al-Nursa terrorist groups would have wiped the floor with with Azov and Ukrainian troops.

Again you're badly in denial. I've seen all the footage. In Azovstal, more than 2000 have surrendered now since Monday. Some sources are putting the number at 2300. Add 2300 + 1000 + 500 = 3800. Now if we consider that Mariupol was completely surrounded and that Ukrainian soldiers surrendered sporadically as the noose tightened, you can easily get to 5000. It's common sense. You think soldiers only surrender in large groups ? Not in pairs or smaller groups or individually ?

From credible sources, I've heard that there were around 14,000 troops and allied militia protecting Mariupol. That's not hard to believe considering that over 120,000 were protecting Kiev and Mariupol was strategically important. Infact even after being surrounded the Ukrainian government did not allow the Ukrainian troops to attempt a breakout or withdraw from Mariupol. Goes to show you how significant it was to them.

Anyways, Kiev is a city of 3 million. Russia had the bulk of their troops in the south and in the Donbas where they made the most progress. They only had 40,000 troops near Kiev. Ukraine had 120,000 defenders. Add to that conscripts, territorial defense and you can easily get to well over 200,000. The Russians were severely outnumbered but according to their intelligence the city would likely fall and the government would flee after a few days. US intelligence also thought the Russians would take Kiev in 72 hours. The Russians believed Kiev/Kharkiv would be another Crimea. However hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, in the Donbas the Russians are winning. They're taking several settlements ever few days. You can deny it all you want if that helps you sleep better at night but the fall of Izium and Popasnaya and nearby settlements does not bode well for the Ukrainians. At the end of the day the Russians have more firepower, air superiority with missiles and fighter jets. Western media keeps saying Russia is running out of missiles but today they struck several important Ukrainian targets with missiles including a community center where Ukrainian missiles were stored, a train station transporting weapons and several vital sites in Odessa as well.

The Russian Ruble is currently at a 4 year high. Meanwhile look at the price of gasoline in the west. Look at surging food prices, inflation. Looks like a recession is on the horizon. Face it the sanctions have backfired and they've backfired very badly. Westerners are not too bright. You sanction Venezuela, Iran and Russia, 3 nations with some of the largest oil reserves and oil production capacity and then you wonder why gas and inflation are surging. Don't worry, Russia is willing to export their wheat, but only in exchange for Rubles, just like their gas and oil. LOL Good luck.

ISIS are actually willing to fight to the death. The Ukrainians yap about fighting to the death but look at how they surrendered looking all disheveled and depleted like a bunch of junkies.

ISISoids did better in Daraya than Ukraine.

I never said the price of transporting rice to Iran is the same as USA. I actually said even if Iran buys the same rice from India, it should be cheaper because of cheaper transport costs. Rice is cheaper in Iran. Again, show me where in Iran can you pay $13 a Kilo ? Even the best quality, organic rice, it won't be even close to that and you know it.

Rice is not the main food of average joes ? Alot of Iranians eat rice everyday, it's actually a staple of Iranian cuisine. Anyways yes alot of Iranians eat bread as well. Pakistan, India, bread is a massive part of their diet. You know alot of people from India, they bake their own bread, that's just their tradition and more common among their households. They buy floor and bake their naan or roti bread daily. But did u know that Indian naan is just flour and water basically. That's the way the world works I guess, more prosperous nations they typically add butter, eggs, milk to their bread but nations like Mexico, India, it's more or less water and flour.

didn't knew price of transporting rice from India or Pakistan to USA is the same as transporting it to Iran.
and if some place want to sale some food there at higher price its not the rest of the world problem , rice is not main food for average Joes if you want compare the price then go compare it with india or Pakistan or Thailand that the crop is indigenous to there

wasn't it the same speech that he told to the people, if at middle of the night they knocked their door don't be afraid ?

if only you guys learnt that if there are corruption there it won't mean we must close our eyes on corruption here.
and by the way who told you we like to copy Ukraine system

Alot of Iranians eat rice everyday, it's actually a staple of Iranian cuisine. Anyways yes alot of Iranians eat bread as well. Pakistan, India, bread is a massive part of their diet.
My family (6 members) consume Biryani (Rice+Meat) three times a month.
I have just brought meat to cook Biryani for lunch😋
It costed me 3 US Dollars.
In Pakistan
In current days (with high inflation)
Rice=0.7$/kilo
Chicken Meat=2$/kilo

And wheat flour is 7$/20kg.
Our gass bill is usually 2.5$/month.

Naan is not our daily diet in Subcontinent but its taste is so good That's why we are fond of eating Naan Chane/Naan tiki.

Back
Top Bottom