What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

If Exocet had kill switches in 1980’s and were programmed to not be able to hit French ships. Imagine what tech exists today.
If countries knew for a fact that their weapons would have kill switches or other secretive features that can be used against the system, they certainly wouldn't buy anything. As part of their obligation to the buyer, if they had initiated kill switches to help the brits, no one would trust their products anymore. They made the smart move by not doing it.

you may like it to play with words , i'm old enough so it not work on me . the whole point of television was transferring pictures .for audio there was radio . please don't try to impress me by these ridiculous type of discussion

This is getting a bit childish, don't you think. Either that, or my previous points weren't fully understood.

'Television' is an arbitrary word creation, in the sense that dozens of other theoretically possible vocab combinations could have described the same object just as accurately (for instance, how exactly is the Greek 'tele' more accurate than its Latin translation?). Moreoever, those same terms ('tele' and vision') could be directly translated into Persian and voila, you obtain a strict Persian equivalent to 'television'.

In sum, there's literally no justification for importing ready-made neologisms from abroad, rather than coining Persian substitutes for them.

you knew why it was irrelevant , because people who did not knew the meaning of the word all over the world when heard the name knew what they meant.

I doubt they suddenly became proficient in Greek when hearing 'television' for the first time.

please don't enter philosophical discussion with me to derail the whole point of the discussion , if they want to make a new word they better made one to describe the device or technology correct . not something that if you hear it could not be able to understand what it is

Now we're making some progress. So there's nothing wrong with forging Persian neologisms after all, is there. Not just there's nothing wrong with it, but it's necessary in order to contain linguistic alienation and cultural globalization. As for understanding the words, hardly an Iranian knows or ever knew what 'tele' and 'vision' mean. Why not measure newly created Persian vocabs by that same yardstick?

why they replace English or other language words with Arabic one instead Persian one ?

Like which ones?

Last edited:
If countries knew for a fact that their weapons would have kill switches or other secretive features that can be used against the system, they certainly wouldn't buy anything. As part of their obligation to the buyer, if they had initiated kill switches to help the brits, no one would trust their products anymore. They made the smart move by not doing it.

Countries buying these weapons from the west are mostly client states. Simply, they have no choice but to disburse a significant chunk of their budget to keep western arms industries afloat. This is a cornerstone of the implicit contract governing the relationship between the imperial suzerain and its vassals.

Kill switches are not a secret to any of the national authorities involved in arms imports. We here were familiar with kill switches, various reports have been published on the subject but countries don't know about them? They sure do. And yet, it never caused them to hesitate spending billions on such rigged material.

Once again, we have right before our eyes a telling illustration of what a normalized relationship with the US and other NATO regimes really implies, especially for a nation of the south. Once again, we can appreciate the Islamic Republic's focus on independence, self-sufficiency and Resistance at its full worth.

Last edited:
Announcement: have you ever heard of the Dubai "Porta Potty" scandal? No? Then do brace yourselves, for this is another one of those nauseating, revolting realities of the western-led world order which powers to be don't want us, especially Iranians, to know about nor to focus on.

In the upcoming days, we're going to study together the phenomenon of "human walking toilets" recruited from amongst Instagram "celebrities" ("influencers" or whatever the heck they're called) and abused by Emirati millionaires as oral defecation receptacles, quite in the literal sense. Or alternatively, paid tens of thousands of dollars to have intercourse with camels and other animals. Most of these females then claim their dream of experiencing life in luxurious mansions and yachts has come true. "Women's rights" and "emancipation" as pioneered by the sickular west, you say? This right here, this is the true disgusting nature of it.

Let's see if liberals on the one hand, and nationalist advocates of societal liberalization and integration into the western-led global system on the other hand, will be brazen enough to try and deny how lucky Iranians really are to be spared this sort of systemic social degeneracy prevailing both in the west and in its client states. Let's see whether people can be disconnected from reality to the point of imagining that conditions in Iran are even remotely comparable to this.

This is why an Islamic Republic is needed to keep certain elements on a leash and very far from core decision-making centers.

Last edited:
Announcement: have you ever heard of the Dubai "Porta Potty" scandal? No? Then do brace yourselves, for this is another one of those nauseating, revolting realities of the western-led world order that powers to be don't want us, especially Iranians, to know about nor to focus on.
Wow !!! Just Google it to understand the matter

This is devilish !!!

I guess our reformists, liberals, open minded, westerns,... "brothers" in our Arab and Muslim countries, won't mind sending their sisters, daughters and even mother's there for money 🤮

My only advice, is to watch for your family, educate them, show them how filthy the west "principles" are, and how the only, honorable, way to live is following the religion of God almighty, Islam.

I was flammed when I said that in 20-30 years, our societies will be like the west if we don't put barriers, damnit, it's already happening now .....

Last edited:
I was flammed when I said that in 20-30 years, our societies will be like the west if we don't put barriers, damnit, it's already happening now .....

Islamic Iran has crucial barriers in place, thank God. Of course, the enemy's psy-ops, propaganda and social engineering work is so massive and pervasive that some of it is bound to have an impact on the Iranian citizenry regardless, however it's precisely because of the Islamic Republic's policy of Resistance, of its refusal to integrate the zionist- and American-led global order that Iran is spared the worst manifestations of depravity witnessed elsewhere.

This is a major explanatory factor for the rabid existential hostility displayed by Washington and Tel Aviv towards Iran. The Islamic Republic for all its imperfections ultimately does incarnate an alternative model to their nihilistic, destructive, perverted one.

This also explains why liberal fifth columnists inside Iran and their associates from other political horizons who advocate societal liberalization, secularization, normalization of ties with the west, are so active and will spare no effort to try and coerce Iran into that direction, to call into question and minimize the IR's achievements while blowing out of proportion and magnifying its shortcomings.

Hence why any exercise of re-information must include a comparative outlook, especially since most Iranians never experienced the west or western client regimes first hand, and tend to be blatantly misinformed in this regard.

Other nations of the Muslim world and even beyond can find in the Islamic Republic an authentic, valid, functional source of inspiration to counter the worst effects of the enemy's machinations. Of course they'll need to adapt the Iranian experience to their own local specificities and history, but Imam Khomeini's (ra) message, Imam Khamenei's (ha) message, which in fact are in line with the movement of the anbiya (nehzate anbiya), is for all oppressed peoples.

Last edited:
Great news from Palestine, 3 less Zio terrorists (will raise to 5 hopefully)

Good Job Hamas !

This is getting a bit childish, no offense. Either that, or the points weren't fully understood.

'Television' is an arbitrary word creation, in the sense that dozens of other theoretically possible word combinations could have described the same object just as accurately (for instance, why use Greek terms and not Latin ones?). Moreoever, those same terms ('tele' and vision') could be directly translated into Persian in order to obtain a strict equivalent in the national language.

In sum, there's literally no justification for importing ready-made modern word creations from abroad, rather than coining Persian substitutes for them.
and there is no justification for replacing them with Arabic word or made some word that have no relation to the device.

I doubt they suddenly became proficient in Greek when hearing 'television' for the first time.
I doubt they had to do . that
Now we're making some progress. So there's nothing wrong with forging Persian terms after all, is there. Not just there's nothing wrong with it, but it's necessary in order to contain linguistic alienation and cultural globalization. As for understanding the words, hardly an Iranian knows or ever knew what 'tele' and 'vision' mean. Why not measure newly created Persian vocabs by that same yardstick?
there is problem with forging non related persian word , who gave you the idea there is no problem with that. and there is problem with replacing foreign word with another foreign word as it defeat the purpose. he now what it imply.and as I said he don't had to knew what it means and its irrelevant to the discussion . the ones who knew what it mean knew it's meaning describe the device.

Like which ones?
let say for example
addressee : مخاطب instead of شنونده-روی سخن
َarithematic logic unit : واحد حساب و منطف instead of بخش خرد شمازشگری
Look at cademy word and you see it only correct if it was "Arithmetic & logic Unit " while it actually is "Arithmetic logic Unit"
authorization : اجازه instead of پروانه
benchmark : محک instead of آزمون ، سنجه
blended learning : یادگیری تلفیقی instead of یادگیری آمیزه ای
bug : اشکال instead of ایراد

and the list go on and on....
its the list of specialized word they published in last 15 year

and there is no justification for replacing them with Arabic word or made some word that have no relation to the device.

My point is only that there's no room for importation of English words. I don't advocate Arabic ones instead, nor terms unrelated to the device even though the latter objection is debatable since as said, Iranians will not know whether the English word itself is related to the device or not since they have no access to its etymological sense.

there is problem with forging non related persian word , who gave you the idea there is no problem with that.

I'm not against choosing terms with the best possible relation to the object they're designating. But the fact also remains that hardly an Iranian knows what the exact etymological meaning of the word 'television' is. Basically, they're using a word while not having the slightest idea as to how accurate a relation its two components in their original languages (Greek for 'tele' and Latin for 'visual') have or have not to the object they're describing.

So if that's not a problem, why would it then be a problem if an officially coined Persian neologism left to be desired as far as its relation to the object is concerned? After all, with the word 'television' too, it's not as if most Iranians can properly judge how well the term is or is not related to an actual TV set.

and there is problem with replacing foreign word with another foreign word as it defeat the purpose.

This I have not been debating.

he now what it imply.and as I said he don't had to knew what it means and its irrelevant to the discussion . the ones who knew what it mean knew it's meaning describe the device.

How are they supposed to know that? They can only assume but have no means to verify other than by conducting research, which practically nobody will.

After all 'television' is only one example and there exist far more metaphorical ones such as 'mouse' (the computer accessory). And this implies one cannot automatically suppose that the imported, alien word is strictly and perfectly reflective of the object it stands for.

let say for example
addressee : مخاطب instead of شنونده-روی سخن
َarithematic logic unit : واحد حساب و منطف instead of بخش خرد شمازشگری
Look at cademy word and you see it only correct if it was "Arithmetic & logic Unit " while it actually is "Arithmetic logic Unit"
authorization : اجازه instead of پروانه
benchmark : محک instead of آزمون ، سنجه
blended learning : یادگیری تلفیقی instead of یادگیری آمیزه ای
bug : اشکال instead of ایراد

and the list go on and on....
its the list of specialized word they published in last 15 year

These represent a different category altogether, since here we're not dealing with neologisms but with old words standing for older concepts, which have been around for centuries in all three languages involved (even if their area of application expanded naturally and intuitively).

I've no issue with using the Persian word instead of the Arabic-origin one in these cases, and why not, they could have listed both, since both form part of Persian vocabulary. But in these above cited cases, there's no addition of any new words to the language.

But this issue is different from technological neologisms, which is what I was talking about from the beginning. The Persian Language Academy hasn't introduced Arabic vocabs in lieu of English neologisms. In this area, their work has been commendable to me.

Last edited:
1 Javelin took out a T-90M the most advanced tank Russia currently fields. While it has a new multi layer armour (didn’t seem to help) and ammo placed outside the unit to prevent cook off effect, it still lacks an APS.

Importance of fire and forget top attack ATGM shouldn’t be discounted by Iran both for its forces and foreign allies as well as when building defense strategies for their own mechanized armor.

1 Javelin took out a T-90M the most advanced tank Russia currently fields. While it has a new multi layer armour (didn’t seem to help) and ammo placed outside the unit to prevent cook off effect, it still lacks an APS.

Importance of fire and forget top attack ATGM shouldn’t be discounted by Iran both for its forces and foreign allies as well as when building defense strategies for their own mechanized armor.

I presume Almas is top-attack.

What else is this Ambassador supposed to say? Much more powerful people then him tried to jumpstart it and failed.

Who remembers Bagheri’s trip a few years ago and his claims of contracts being signed?

At this point treat Iran’s military cooperation with Russia like we treat the space program......wait for results and ignore the statements.

What else is this Ambassador supposed to say? Much more powerful people then him tried to jumpstart it and failed.

Who remembers Bagheri’s trip a few years ago and his claims of contracts being signed?

At this point treat Iran’s military cooperation with Russia like we treat the space program......wait for results and ignore the statements.
Fair

Back
Top Bottom