What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Mhm.

If Iran did what Russia did, it'd get bombed by 50 countries, but because Russia is a major nuclear power, no one dares touch it.

It's not just about that. In addition to what you said, the west put Russia on the corner, intentionally left no choice for Putin to invade Ukraine, not what Putin wants, that's why he's doing such a lousy job/, acts hesitant/bewildered at leading the war. Reasons are related to the current global economic issues, the need for a new war/reset, like early 200's after dot com bubble burst or the Vietnam war, so on, as well as wanting to justify to freeze/steal 600B dollars of Russian oligarchs wealth in Europe/UK/US, basically stealing what oligarchs/Putin have looted from Russian people.

In the case of Iran, the west is concerned about Iran dreaming about expansionism, basically cutting into their share in the middle east. The west also has similar concerns regarding Turkey/China, but these two countries, don't/cannot act similar to Iran, because of their ties to the west.

And that's exactly my point. Iran was doing nothing wrong when we were punished harshly. Iran was cut off from the international economy only because Netanyahu asked Trump to do it and Trump went for it. Our politicians should look at these events very carefully and realize what deterrence and power mean. Fooling ourselves with wishful thinking and pretending that nuclear weapons are not necessary because they're too pussy to build them is not going to help.
It's not about Netanyahu or Trump. The fact is that Iran, although not nearly as large/powerful as Russia, is too large and ambitious for the middle east. No matter of who's ruling in Iran, it will remain a big issue for the west either as an immediate threat (having a hostile government in Iran) or a potential threat (having a friendly government in Iran). Iran has only two options: 1. accepting to be divided into multiple LiLiPut countries, 2. sizing itself up by having a strong deterrence, which you know what it is. Iran will be pushed to the corner so much that it finally chooses one of these two options.

Last edited:
And that's exactly my point. Iran was doing nothing wrong when we were punished harshly.

Iran did nothing wrong in WWI when it was invaded and its resources plundered leading to tens of millions of Iranian deaths due to famine. Literally Iranian population did not grow for over a decade.

Iran also did nothing wrong in WW2 when it again was invaded to be prevented from joining the Axis powers Or a base for Hitler.

I mean weak countries get fooked m8 that’s been true since dawn of modern man.

I doubt nukes would solve any of Iran’s problems. Might solve a couple only to lead to more on Iran’s plate.

The worst enemy of Iran right now....is Iran. Not sanctions or risk of invasion. It is the Iran that is Self sabotaging itself beyond measure economically and environmentally.

For those who are saying Russia has been underachieving militarily, this is because Russia is trying to minimize Ukranian civilian casualties as low as possible... unlike USA shock and Awe carpet bombings that didn't care about civilians.

This! I can't emphasize this enough. It's sadly very true.

Prime Example:

Instead of focusing on environmental policy, massive economic reform, corruption crackdown, etc etc

The parliament is focused on “internet monitoring and control bill”.

These people just asking to be overthrown via the populace. Just keep kicking the average Iranian citizen when he’s down. Take away some of his simple pleasures than what reason does he have to live? Or be productive?

These types of bills you pass when society is THRIVING not when everyone is on brink of collapse.

Prime Example:

Instead of focusing on environmental policy, massive economic reform, corruption crackdown, etc etc

The parliament is focused on “internet monitoring and control bill”.

These people just asking to be overthrown via the populace. Just keep kicking the average Iranian citizen when he’s down. Take away some of his simple pleasures than what reason does he have to live? Or be productive?

These types of bills you pass when society is THRIVING not when everyone is on brink of collapse.

Not really, having "free, uncensored internet", means that Iranian populace minds will be brainwashed and follow whatever the west/Saudis/UK, ... want for them, leading to the final destruction of Iran. Iranian culture is already corrupted beyond belief ever since Khatami's era. Let's not think about policy making from an ideological/religious point of view that "freedom is good". Sure, freedom is good, but if you can afford it. Pragmatism says that Iran cannot afford such a system, at least right now. Also, no country, except for India, had a free media before making economical progress. "Free media"/"Open Society" led latin america into the misery, it is today. China/Taiwan/South Korea were all closed societies, opened up/will open up after they made their progress.

Not really, having "free, uncensored internet", means that Iranian populace minds will be brainwashed and follow whatever the west/Saudis/UK, ... want for them, leading to the final destruction of Iran. Iranian culture is already corrupted beyond belief ever since Khatami's era. Let's not think about policy making from an ideological/religious point of view that "freedom is good". Sure, freedom is good, but if you can afford it. Pragmatism says that Iran cannot afford such a system, at least right now. Also, no country, except for India, had a free media before making economical progress. "Free media"/"Open Society" led latin america into the misery, it is today. China/Taiwan/South Korea were all closed societies, opened up/will open up after they made their progress.
I think you missed the point.
The point is that instead of focusing on bigger issues that matter now, they are annoying the people and increase public dissatisfaction.

I think you missed the point.
The point is that instead of focusing on bigger issues that matter now, they are annoying the people and increase public dissatisfaction.

I understand what you're saying, but I sincerely disagree. Basically, you and many others, mostly nationalistic/secular Iranians advocate that IR should leave social issues in a trade off to focus to gain support from Iranian public for international matters, by acting more normal/secular. As a former strong supporter of this idea, myself, I disagree with it. It's a long discussion, but in summary, I changed my mind after living in the US and observing, studying what has happened to the US ever since 1970's, it's now very clear to me that liberal societal norms are way more harmful than even being nuked, and I say this as a secular former libertarian/Ron Paul supporter liberal person. I don't believe in these traditions/religious/social rules/norms, myself, but I'm a strong supporter of having such traditions.

I understand what you're saying, but I sincerely disagree. Basically, you and many others, mostly nationalistic/secular Iranians advocate that IR should leave social issues in a trade off to focus to gain support from Iranian public for international matters, by acting more normal/secular. As a former strong supporter of this idea, myself, I disagree with it. It's a long discussion, but in summary, I changed my mind after living in the US and observing, studying what has happened to the US ever since 1970's, it's now very clear to me that liberal societal norms are way more harmful than even being nuked, and I say this as a secular former libertarian/Ron Paul supporter person.
You cannot compare libtards in the US with the situation in Iran.
Iran is not going to be like those idiots who wake up today and decide that their gender today should be on a different point of the "spectrum" of genders. Iran will never be like that. Iran could be like another Turkey, for example. Turkey is a Muslim country with strong sense of patriotism, but it is secular.

If the entire world was made up of the west you would be correct. However China, India and most of the world have chosen to be pragmatic and avoid picking sides.

The Ukrainians have lost their entire airforce and air defenses along with likely hundreds of armored units. The Russians control the air and the Ukrainians are more or less barricading themselves in their cities.

You notice the Russians are not as eager to show off their achievements when it comes to destroying or bombing Ukrainian targets ? That could be because the Russians do not want to antagonize the Ukrainian people any more than necessary.

Well I bet the Russians are glad not to have given Turkey the software codes for the S-400. LOL

Again I hope that both sides can come to some sort of negotiated settlement but realistically if this war drags on, Ukrainians will run out of fuel, food and ammunition.

The Russian have already stated that they do not want to occupy Ukraine. They merely want the Ukrainians to agree to their terms. If the Kiev govenment remains stubborn, you will see the noose tighten as Russians employ more heavy handed tactics.

The entire world (minus a handful of countries) is turning against Russia.

The world turned its back on Iran, now Russia, lastly will be China.

If anyone on this planet thinks countries like Brazil, Switzerland (long been a neutral country now a NATO stooge), Japan, South Korea and hundred more are “independent” makes you a complete imbecile.

US is calling on the entire world to pledge loyalty and complete support to the Nazi American Empire and the world order that has backed global financial system since 1946.

Iran
Russia
China

Will be on the list to be eliminated

China doesn’t have experience nor the tech for arctic drilling, hence why Russia relied on western oil and gas firms to assist.

Visually confirmed 300 pieces of mechanized armour or vehicles lost by Russia so far.

Last edited:
You cannot compare libtards in the US with the situation in Iran.
Iran is not going to be like those idiots who wake up today and decide that their gender today should be on a different point of the "spectrum" of genders. Iran will never be like that. Iran could be like another Turkey, for example. Turkey is a Muslim country with strong sense of patriotism, but it is secular.

Sure, islamic societies (especially more rigid Hanafai(Turkey/Pakistan)/Hanbali(Saudi) muslims), because of their strong Ash'ari/Ahl al-Hadith fiqh traditions, which largely rejects the use of wisdom in favor of Hadith, are resistant against any change, in genreal, whether it's being positive/negative, but they are not nearly as robust as what you might think. I know this first hand as I have plenty of friends/relatives from Turkey. In iran's case, though, we are talking about a shia society, thus, more mo'tazeli type of fiqh/society, so, it's very receptive to change from outside, thus, no surprise that Iranians in general are more "gharb doost/gharb garaa". That's my two cents, buddy.
Peace

Sure, islamic societies (especially more rigid Hanafai(Turkey/Pakistan)/Hanbali(Saudi) muslims), because of their strong Ash'ari/Ahl al-Hadith fiqh traditions, which largely rejects using wisdom in favor of Hadith, are resistant against any change, in genreal, whether it's being positive/negative, but they are not nearly as robust as what you might think. I know this first hand as I have plenty of friends/relatives from Turkey. In iran's case, though, we are talking about a shia society, thus, more mo'tazeli type of fiqh/society, so, it's very receptive to change from outside, thus, no surprise that Iranians in general are more "gharb doost/gharb garaa". That's my two cents, buddy.
Peace
I respectfully disagree with your assessment that Iranians are more "gharb doost" than Arabs, Turks or Pakistanis. If it weren't for anti-West sentiments, the 1979 revolution would've never happened in the first place. Anti-West sentiments, deeply rooted in patriotism and religion caused the uprising. Cosmopolitan people are the same everywhere. Look at Moscow and StP. Most of them are supporting Ukraine and say Putin is crazy and they want him toppled, but the situation in other Russian cities is completely different.
Peace

Russians have a big task ahead of them, even decimating the urban areas will not solve the insurgency problem that will come with managing millions of people that are hostile to you, with a force of 200,000 soldiers.

200,000 soldiers sounds like a lot, but with how much populations have grown, you can't occupy successfully most countries in the world with a military of this size (which is most countries). Realistically, armies need to be in the few millions to succeed in occupation of land which can't happen for most nations. In contrast US + Coalition invaded Iraq with roughly 177,000 soldiers in a country of roughly 25 mil.

Realistically, to occupy eastern Ukraine it makes sense, and could be argued not enough, but if also other parts of the country they'd really need a draft which would be super unpopular.

Back
Top Bottom