What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

So the inflation rate in Iran is reported to be around 40% with the interest rate being 16%. The only positive is that in the next few years inflation is supposed to go down in Iran.

Currently inflation is going up all over the world. In Turkey inflation is now reported to be 20%, although some analysts believe it to be much higher.

In the US, the interest rate is currently at 0.25%. In 2019 the interest rate was 2.75%. Inflation is reported to be at 6%, although many believe that in reality the inflation rate is much higher, with prices for many household goods going through the roof.

In almost every case the solution seems to be to increase interest rates but for whatever reason we don't really see this happening.

In Iran Raesi has the reputation of having been a stringent judge. Many are hoping that he can clamp down on the issue of the corruption which plagues Iran's financial sector and various other industries. However so far we haven't seen much and only time will tell.

In almost every case the solution seems to be to increase interest rates but for whatever reason we don't really see this happening.
We don't see it because of corruption of the financial institutions of nearly all countries by people who are supposed to protect the rich and milk the poor dry.

The majority of problems that countries face can be eased by proper lawmaking, but countries refuse to do so because people who make the laws are there to protect the ones with capital, not the public.

We don't see it because of corruption of the financial institutions of nearly all countries by people who are supposed to protect the rich and milk the poor dry.

The majority of problems that countries face can be eased by proper lawmaking, but countries refuse to do so because people who make the laws are there to protect the ones with capital, not the public.
I would however point out that there was not a single Iranian name in the leaked corruption Panama papers, mostly Arabs, Turks (Erdogan's family) and Pakistanis. Corruption can only be checked by transparency and rule of the law.

I would however point out that there was not a single Iranian name in the leaked corruption Panama papers, mostly Arabs, Turks (Erdogan's family) and Pakistanis. Corruption can only be checked by transparency and rule of the law.
There are different forms of corruption. What we are witnessing in a country like Iran (or the United States) is institutional corruption where law makers and governmental institutions like the tax system or the central bank are "legally" enforcing policies that help only the rich and their chosen ones and completely ignore the benefits of ordinary citizens.

In Iran, banking is one of these examples. Automobile industry is another one. Telecommunication is another one. The best example of institutional corruption in the Central Bank is extremely low interest rate (compared to inflation) for bank loans, but extremely, insanely difficult conditions for receiving bank loans that make only few people they want able to receive bank loans.

I am not even going to go into detail about things like "Veteran loans" where interest rate is only 4% (in a country where inflation averages to nearly 40% in the last 5 years) and settlement period is 240 months (20 years!) which is basically like giving free money to them from the pockets of ordinary Iranians. And there's not even a ceiling for this type of loans. You can loan 10 billion Tomans and pay it 20 years later. By the time you will have paid it (assuming you will which is not always the case), the value of what you have paid won't be even one-tenth of the present value of what you loaned.

Also, about Panama papers, due to the US and European sanctions on individuals in the Islamic Republic, Iranian authorities do not keep their money in foreign banks and prefer to move cash. That does not overrule widespread corruption even a tiny bit.

Not necessarily, but in this case I believe it ought to. If traditional gender roles are undermined or even inverted, it will end up killing off the nuclear family structure and its foundational role as a major pillar of society and law. And this in turn will inevitably lead to the burial of both nation and religion in the mid- to long term (in Iran's case, given the tremendous amount of propaganda and social engineering the Iranian people are being subjected to, it'll happen in the blink of an eye; a non-negligible percentage of Iranians - namely, those receptive to western and liberal propaganda, are quite keen on committing collective mass suicide, as their minds have been meticulously worked upon in this specific direction by zio-American psychological operations for the past four decades).

Deserve in what sense? Did they cease being females? Or did they "westernize" enough and adopt globalist feminist "culture" to a sufficient degree? Other countries are decaying on the identitarian level. They are being readied for absorption into the totalitarian, anti-human (anti-specist) masonic/zionist one-world regime which is going to be proclaimed and implemented in a not too distant future. The USA and Canada have always been zombie-nations of sorts, ever since their genocidal inceptions. And when it comes to nations of the Old Continent: the UK is dead, Germany is dead, France is dead, Italy is dead, Belgium, the Netherlands, Scandinavian nations are dead, and so on. And they'll never be revived again as the specific, historically rooted entities they used to be. It's over - short of an actual miracle comparable to the 1979 Islamic Revolution... The synthetic coronavirus was unleashed upon mankind by criminal globalist elites with the precise goal of accelerating this process. If Iran capitulates by then, it will cease to exist as an independent nation and civilization in a matter of decades if not years - like every one of these uprooted nations across the planet.
Although I believe what you and I and our mothers and sisters wear is not anyone's business, in this case what women wear is a national security item that weaves in culture and societal bent. Given the intelligence of IRI strategists I have no doubt this issue is less a religious one and perceived more as s threat vector by foreigners into Iran. This threat is part of a broader social engineering effort that has been ongoing for 40+ years. Throw in 'freedom of speech:, 'democracy', 'women's rights', 'gay marriage', etc, etc and you have the whole package.

As such, advocating 'hijab emancipation' without considering all of the above falls short the real world challenges the IRI is facing.

The Pandora papers were funded by Pierre Omidyar (owner of eBay) and George Soros were they not ?

It is now official

Hodeidah and it's southern region have been fully liberated by the Houthis. Saudi backed forces have withdrawn from the area.

Screenshot_20211113_190342_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211113_190319_com.android.chrome.jpg

So the Raesi government has decided to get rid of the subsidized exchange rate for staple foods and medicine.

In exchange the government will be compensating Iran's poor with a cash handout of 1.1 million rials or $4.

The subsidized rate was meant to keep the prices of food and medicine low however the prices have skyrocketed regardless.

Opponents of the subsidized rate claim that greedy business elites have exploited the rate by taking part in corrupt practices, raising prices and profiting at the expense of ordinary working class Iranians.

On the other hand those who support the subsidized rate claim that gettingnrid of it now could lead to hyperinflation across the board.

Personally I'm not sure if this is the right time to be doing this since inflation is already at 60%. Also in my opinion the handout is not nearly enough to make up the difference.

Perhaps the government intends to cut out the unreliable middle men, trade oil for commodities and simply hand them out to those who are struggling the most ? Perhaps that is the end goal of the government?

Last edited:
The Pandora papers were funded by Pierre Omidyar (owner of eBay) and George Soros were they not ?

It is one of the bigger leaks of corrupt tax havens used by foreign leaders, mostly Arabs, Turks, Azerbaijan and Russians.

The Pandora Papers is a leak of almost 12 million documents that reveals hidden wealth, tax avoidance and, in some cases, money laundering by some of the world's rich and powerful.
More than 600 journalists in 117 countries have been trawling through the files from 14 sources for months, finding stories that are being published this week.
The data was obtained by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) in Washington DC, which has been working with more than 140 media organisations on its biggest ever global investigation.
BBC Panorama and the Guardian have led the investigation in the UK.

Stories revealed so far include:

The files expose how some of the most powerful people in the world - including more than 330 politicians from 90 countries - use secret offshore companies to hide their wealth.
Lakshmi Kumar from US think-tank Global Financial Integrity explained that these people "are able to funnel and siphon money away and hide it," often through the use of anonymous companies.

So the Raesi government has decided to get rid of the subsidized exchange rate for staple foods and medicine.

In exchange the government will be compensating Iran's poor with a cash handout of 1.1 million rials or $4.

The subsidized rate was meant to keep the prices of food and medicine low however the prices have skyrocketed regardless.

Opponents of the subsidized rate claim that greedy business elites have exploited the rate by taking part in corrupt practices, raising prices and profiting at the expense of ordinary working class Iranians.

On the other hand those who support the subsidized rate claim that gettingnrid of it now could lead to hyperinflation across the board.

Personally I'm not sure if this is the right time to be doing this since inflation is already at 60%. Also in my opinion the handout is not nearly enough to make up the difference.

Perhaps the government intends to cut out the unreliable middle men, trade oil for commodities and simply hand them out to those who are struggling the most ? Perhaps that is the end goal of the government?
I say unify the exchange rate...in the short term this will have inflationary effect but in the long term it will put Iranian trade/economy in a solid ground and reduces the high end corruptions..be bold ..do not be scared ..support the poor with direct handouts until the system stabilizes..

I agree but with inflation at 60% already is this really the right time ?

Also is 1 million Rials a month going to make up for it ?

Those economists who advised Raesi better be right.

One thing is for sure, the subsized rate did not keep prices down. Unfortunately most of the price increases were due to greed among business elites.

I say unify the exchange rate...in the short term this will have inflationary effect but in the long term it will put Iranian trade/economy in a solid ground and reduces the high end corruptions..be bold ..do not be scared ..support the poor with direct handouts until the system stabilizes..

Screenshot_20211114_084037_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom