What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

19,000 SWU by the end of March 2021??
BRO...that is quite ambitious going back to pre-JCPOA level.
But the best feeling is when they're all set and spinning with UF6 by then! :D
Yeah. Actually, 19,000 SWU UF6 Kg / year is rather a minuscule number compared to Iran's needs for energy development in future (the 5th development plan) and commercial enrichment facilities around the world. URENCO has an enrichment capacity of more than ten million SWU, probably closer to 15 million SWU. And they usually report SWU in U Kg / year instead of UF6 Kg / year which will translate into a higher number when converted to UF6 / year. Eurodiff (France) has close to 10 million SWU of enrichment capacity as well. Countries like Iran, India and Pakistan have pretty much insignificant enrichment capabilities.

Iran probably can increase its enrichment capacity to 250,000 SWU if it fully operates both Fordow and Natanz to their maximum capacities. That would place Iran higher than Pakistan and India, but still well below countries like France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, the US, China or Russia.
Please tell me who is inline after Ayatullah Khamanai?
Nobody knows yet.

Since Killing of Gen. Qasim, he is all alone...surrounded by planted agents ...i fear for his well being and health,
I don't know about people who protect him, but he's over 80 now and he needs to think of a successor.

من نمی دونم کی جمهوری اسهالی از درون سرنگون یا درست می شه که ما از دست این بی شعورهای بی غیرت دیوث یه نفس بکشیم

بلژیک دیپلمات ایرانی رو به 20 سال زندان محکوم کرده به یک جرم کاملاً الکی
کمترین کاری که می شه کرد قطع همه روابط دیپلماتیک با بلژیک هست

تنها گوهی که خوردن دادن بیانیه هست که ما همه راه های حقوقی و دیپلماتیک ممکن رو باز می ذاریم. خسته نباشین واقعاً​

To acquire 50 kilograms of 90% enriched uranium, Iran needs about 220 kilograms of 20% enriched uranium as its feed. To enrich it in one year, Iran needs about 970 SWU UF6 Kg. So, with an enrichment capacity of +10,000, it could be done in about a month.

My estimations suggest that Iran is currently employing about 2,000 SWU for enriching uranium from 4.5% to 20%, while the rest of Iran's current enrichment capacity (about 7,000 SWU according to the last IAEA report I remember) is perhaps used for enriching uranium to 4.5%

The recent law passed by the parliament will increase Iran's enrichment capacity to 19,000 SWU by the end of the Iranian calendar year (in March). And Iran's ultimate goal is to reach 190,000 SWU.

Oh, I was under the belief that the Uranium isotope that forms HEU is only about 0.72% of the ordinary uranium that is fed into the centrifuges. So if you start with let's say 1 tonne of Uranium Haxafloride gas (UF6), the amount of Uranium-235 that is available in this is only 7.2kg. If you extract that fully you would get 100% highly enriched uranium theoretically, but only 7.2kg.

If you wanted only 80% HEU ti would be little more. I'm no mathematician but I'm guessing about 10kg.

So would you be kind enough to explain how you worked out that 220kg of 20% HEU can give you 50kg of 90% HEU?

This is how I see it. 220kg of HEU at 20% means that 44kg of this is U-235 and 176kg of U-238. Out of this 176 kg only 0.75% is U-235. or Roughly 1.32kg. And if you add 44kg and 1.32kg and dilute it a bit to get 90% HEU its about 50kg. Is that the sort of methodology you use? Is there a precise equation to work this out?

How many tonnes of UF6 would yo need to start with in order to get 220kg of HEU at 20%?

I not talking about the Bloomberg report. I am talking about wreckless misinformation spreading about the vaccines.
that vaccine is 40-60% effective and its less effective in elderly also Astrazeneca vaccine effectiveness is not consistent in different studies and the company have problem meeting its current orders fro EU and God only knew when they can ship to Iran

من نمی دونم کی جمهوری اسهالی از درون سرنگون یا درست می شه که ما از دست این بی شعورهای بی غیرت دیوث یه نفس بکشیم

بلژیک دیپلمات ایرانی رو به 20 سال زندان محکوم کرده به یک جرم کاملاً الکی
کمترین کاری که می شه کرد قطع همه روابط دیپلماتیک با بلژیک هست

تنها گوهی که خوردن دادن بیانیه هست که ما همه راه های حقوقی و دیپلماتیک ممکن رو باز می ذاریم. خسته نباشین واقعاً​
این گوهی هست که دوستان غرب گرای اصلاح طلب به خاطر وجود توله هاشون توی غرب می خورند ...

این گوهی هست که دوستان غرب گرای اصلاح طلب به خاطر وجود توله هاشون توی غرب می خورند ...

یک گهی خوردند و چه گوارا شدند و از دیوار سفارت بالا رفتند

دیگه گذشت

فعلا راهمون فقط پیشرفت علمی و سختکوشی و دوری از فساد و ساده زیستی مسوولانه

البته ببینید روسیه اتمی رو با این قصه ناوالنی چه کردند و این قدرت رسانه است​

Last edited:

یک گهی خوردند و چه گوارا شدند و از دیوار سفارت بالا رفتند

دیگه گذشت

فعلا راهمون فقط پیشرفت علمی و سختکوشی و دوری از فساد و ساده زیستی مسوولانه

البته ببینید روسیه اتمی رو با این قصه ناوالنی چه کردند و این قدرت رسانه است​

عزیز دلم ، این جریان اصلاح طلب ، یک روز از دیوار سفارت بالا رفت ، یک روز عواملش توی خیابون پونز توی زنهایی که روسری نداشتن می زد ، یک روز زندان خصوصی ایجاد کردند ، یک روز جناب کروبی و سایر دوستانش داشتن نقشه ی حمله به عربستان رو می کشیدن ، یک روز دیگه نقشه ی حمله به طالبان و افغانستان و حالا هم در حال در یوزگی هستند

این قشر فاسدترین و دو رو ترین مردم کل تاریخ ایران هستند .

عزیز دلم ، این جریان اصلاح طلب ، یک روز از دیوار سفارت بالا رفت ، یک روز عواملش توی خیابون پونز توی زنهایی که روسری نداشتن می زد ، یک روز زندان خصوصی ایجاد کردند ، یک روز جناب کروبی و سایر دوستانش داشتن نقشه ی حمله به عربستان رو می کشیدن ، یک روز دیگه نقشه ی حمله به طالبان و افغانستان و حالا هم در حال در یوزگی هستند

این قشر فاسدترین و دو رو ترین مردم کل تاریخ ایران هستند .

من منکر بدی های چپی ها خاصه خویینی ها و خاتمی چی ها نیستم اما راستی ها هم بی مشکل نبودند

ما در اطرافیان قالیباف و احمدی نژاد هم جاسوس دیدیم

بحث خدمت به مردم و تولید علم از چپ و راست جداست​

Oh, I was under the belief that the Uranium isotope that forms HEU is only about 0.72% of the ordinary uranium that is fed into the centrifuges. So if you start with let's say 1 tonne of Uranium Haxafloride gas (UF6), the amount of Uranium-235 that is available in this is only 7.2kg. If you extract that fully you would get 100% highly enriched uranium theoretically, but only 7.2kg.

If you wanted only 80% HEU ti would be little more. I'm no mathematician but I'm guessing about 10kg.

So would you be kind enough to explain how you worked out that 220kg of 20% HEU can give you 50kg of 90% HEU?

This is how I see it. 220kg of HEU at 20% means that 44kg of this is U-235 and 176kg of U-238. Out of this 176 kg only 0.75% is U-235. or Roughly 1.32kg. And if you add 44kg and 1.32kg and dilute it a bit to get 90% HEU its about 50kg. Is that the sort of methodology you use? Is there a precise equation to work this out?

How many tonnes of UF6 would yo need to start with in order to get 220kg of HEU at 20%?
Yes, that's almost right. When you feed a mass of uranium to enrich it, you get two things: product and tail. Product is a mass of uranium enriched to a higher percentage while tail is depleted uranium. Assuming conservation of mass, you can say that F = P - T for the total masses.
Similarly, you can say that F * x_f = P * x_p - T * x_t to deal with mass assays.

Combining both formulae yields F = P (x_p - x_t) / (x_f - x_t)

Now if Iran wants to obtain (P = 220 kg) of (x_p = 20% = 0.2) HALEU from natural uranium (x_f = 0.00711) , assuming a tail assay of (x_t = 0.25% = 0.0025), you can plug in the numbers in the equation to find out that F would be about 10 tonnes of natural uranium (I didn't do the calculation, but I know it would be close to that number).

For converting to UF6, remember that the molecular mass of uranium is close to 238 while the molecular math of UF6 is about 352. A bit of stoichiometry doesn't hurt for coming up with more accurate calculations, but what we have is close enough for our estimations.

If you want to calculate the SWU necessary for doing that enrichment in one year (i.e. the annual enrichment capacity of a facility), you need to read about the concept of separative work. You need to derive the value function which can be done with relative ease but it's kind of hard to derive it here because we don't have LaTeX here and the subscripts and the superscripts are hard to see here.

Last edited:
نه بابا، داستان خیلی بدتر از این هست. مگه زمان احمدی نژاد هم چند بار خبرنگارها و دیپلمات های ما رو براشون دردسر ایجاد نکردن؟ البته احمدی نژاد بهتر پاسخ می داد و دست کم یه واکنشی نشون می داد اما اینها اصلاً به روی خودشون هم نمیارن. دریغ از حتی یه توئیت ساده​

نه بابا، داستان خیلی بدتر از این هست. مگه زمان احمدی نژاد هم چند بار خبرنگارها و دیپلمات های ما رو براشون دردسر ایجاد نکردن؟ البته احمدی نژاد بهتر پاسخ می داد و دست کم یه واکنشی نشون می داد اما اینها اصلاً به روی خودشون هم نمیارن. دریغ از حتی یه توئیت ساده​

احمدی نژاد و اون سمتی ها ، احمق هستند ، ولی اصلاح طلب ها ، دقیقا می دونند دارند چه گوهی می خورند ... حماقت رو شاید بشه روزی درمان کرد ولی خیانت رو نمی شه ...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom