What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Oh. We will respond. It's just matter of time and you will see. It won't be pretty.

I'm not against retaliation but timing of situation is not appropriate. We should be patient and for now respond just politically.
My problem with this is that we could be patient and say timing is not appropriate with a 3 trillion dollar unsanctioned economy, rather than a sanctioned 400 billion dollar economy. Thats why I am saying, why front an anti US and anti Israeli policy when you are not going to retaliate to their attacks?

If Iran doesn't respond (in an appreciable way) then we need to seriously reassess our expectations and start accepting a new reality, one that sees Iran not being nearly as strong as it claims.....Ey khodah vaughan nakhastem in harfo begham...cheh zendigieh shood...

I can't really recount any other time in history when a nation the size of Iran with a military as big and as capable as Iran's would have allowed for such flagrant attacks to go on for years, unanswered.

If Iran really is playing the long-game then fair enough, I guess it's me that just can't take it anymore. Personally I'm seriously thinking about divorcing myself from Iranian news due to just how shameful/embarrassing recent events have been. Truly is hard just sitting here and grinding one's teeth expecting at least some sort of reprisal for the literal 100s upon 100s of attacks.

Babaksheen bachehah...fakhrem khasteh shood...

Last edited:
If Iran doesn't respond then we need to seriously reassess our expectations and start accepting a new reality, one that sees Iran not being nearly as strong as it claims.....Ey khodah vaughan nakhastem in harfo begham...cheh zendigieh shood...

I can't really recount any other time in history when a nation the size of Iran with a military as big and as capable as Iran's would have allowed for such flagrant attacks to go on for years unanswered.

If Iran really is playing the long-game then fair enough, I guess it's me that just can't take it anymore. Personally I'm seriously thinking about divorcing myself from Iranian news due to just how shameful/embarrassing recent events have been. Truly is hard just sitting here and grinding one's teeth expecting at least some sort of reprisal for the literal 100s upon 100s of attacks.

I don't buy the long term game argument. If we are in this for the long game, why did we approach this policy from 1979? Thats 41 years. You don't walk into a bank, declare that you are going to rob it, and then start planning how you should do it.

I don't buy the long term game argument. If we are in this for the long game, why did we approach this policy from 1979? Thats 41 years. You don't walk into a bank, declare that you are going to rob it, and then start planning how you should do it.

:meeting: beh gholeh maroof -- it's out of our hands now.

Idk man, maybe Iran is waiting for more missiles to be put into service or more TELS to fire them from before getting into a hot conflict or something.

:meeting: be gholeh maroof -- it's out of our hands now.

Idk man, maybe Iran is waiting for more missiles to be put into service or more TELS to fire them from before getting into a hot conflict or something.
Then we shouldn't have adopted this policy from 1979. We could have adopted this policy after we were ready to take them on.

If Iran doesn't respond (in an appreciable way) then we need to seriously reassess our expectations and start accepting a new reality, one that sees Iran not being nearly as strong as it claims.....Ey khodah vaughan nakhastem in harfo begham...cheh zendigieh shood...

I can't really recount any other time in history when a nation the size of Iran with a military as big and as capable as Iran's would have allowed for such flagrant attacks to go on for years, unanswered.

Iranian politicians love the easy life and money. They don't want to upset their investments abroad by attacking Israel. Like the member here said they became like useless Arab sheikhs. Khak too sareshoon.

Bacheha, har chi say kardim roo pooshooni konim nashod. boye gandesh dare badtar o badtar mishe. chize digeye namunde ke azesh defa konim. man dige az khejalat dar in mored aslan post nemikonam. shoma ham behtare dige bikhialesh shin. pahlevoon panbe be in migan.

That's exactly what they did and it made us a target. I worked with irgc and dm in radar section and I can tell you majority of our armed forces guys are morons. 15 years ago we reverse engineered Japanese WWII radars with equivalent components available but look at us now. We are getting stronger by day. That's way Israel trying to drag us to a war with help of US while they can but we should not give them the opportunity to do that. I know it's hard to stand still but we should get stronger to ensure our victory and survivability...

That's exactly what they did and it made us a target. I worked with irgc and dm in radar section and I can tell you majority of our armed forces guys are morons. 15 years ago we reverse engineered Japanese WWII radars with equivalent components available but look at us now. We are getting stronger by day. That's way Israel trying to drag us to a war with help of US while they can but we should not give them the opportunity to do that. I know it's hard to stand still but we should get stronger to ensure our victory and survivability...
Fingilisi minevisam nafahman.

Baba che piruzi ? key ? ta vaghte gole ney ? ino ke darin az avale enghelab sho'ar midin ta alan. ba gholha poocho alaki. israel ham har hafte miad too saremoon mizane o jim mishe bedune in ke pasokhi bedim. in che moghavematiye vaghti ke aberoo keshvar intori bere ?

to migi ke bayad sabr konim, ta key ? hadaf chiye ? barname chiye ? mikhayn chekar konim ? khaste shodim baba. ma ke vazifemun ro anjam midim az keshvar inja defa mikonim vali sare khodemun nemitunim kolah bezarim.

bikhial dadash. felan bekhor o bechaape dar keshvar. ta mitunan pul mamlekato mibaran bankhaye swiss ya bahama mizaran sudesho migiran. hamatoon sare karid agha jun.

Fingilisi minevisam nafahman.

Baba che piruzi ? key ? ta vaghte gole ney ? ino ke darin az avale enghelab sho'ar midin ta alan. ba gholha poocho alaki. israel ham har hafte miad too saremoon mizane o jim mishe bedune in ke pasokhi bedim. in che moghavematiye vaghti ke aberoo keshvar intori bere ?

to migi ke bayad sabr konim, ta key ? hadaf chiye ? barname chiye ? mikhayn chekar konim ? khaste shodim baba. ma ke vazifemun ro anjam midim az keshvar inja defa mikonim vali sare khodemun nemitunim kolah bezarim.

bikhial dadash. felan bekhor o bechaape dar keshvar. ta mitunan pul mamlekato mibaran bankhaye swiss ya bahama mizaran sudesho migiran. hamatoon sare karid agha jun.
Chi begham vala hagh darin. Aghe in ahmaq ha bezaran vazemoon behtar mishe.

Thats whats makes me pissed. If they insist on taking an anti US and anti Israeli approach, fine, but why rush to it? We could have stayed friendly with the US and the west, US was willing to give us its best technology, F14 Tomcats are proof. We could insist on TOT and they would happily abide. They would even build nukes for us if he had requested them to. Then, AFTER we had reached our goals, then could we start to adopt an anti US and anti Israeli policy. The only difference would be that we would have had at absolute bare minimum a 3 trillion dollar economy, and we would already have all the weapons we are trying to build now, and we would have the tech to build even better ones.

Thats whats makes me pissed. If they insist on taking an anti US and anti Israeli approach, fine, but why rush to it? We could have stayed friendly with the US and the west, US was willing to give us its best technology, F14 Tomcats are proof. We could insist on TOT and they would happily abide. They would even build nukes for us if he had requested them to. Then, AFTER we had reached our goals, then could we start to adopt an anti US and anti Israeli policy. The only difference would be that we would have had at absolute bare minimum a 3 trillion dollar economy, and we would already have all the weapons we are trying to build now, and we would have the tech to build even better ones.

Mate... This is not how it works

I shouldn't even react to such a ridiculous post but alas

I respectively disagree rafigh.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions, without the arms embargo, 8-year war and decades of self-sufficiency which ensued after 1979: We would of had very little of the now many Iranian made armaments that have been produced since there wouldn't have been a reason to build them in the first place.

I just don't see why an Iran that had stayed friendly or cordial to the U.S. would need to build dozens of missile cities and thousands of ballistic missiles as presumably the military would have been more conventionally oriented much like everyone else in the region. Doesn't seem all that logical to me.

That's my take on it atleast.

Mate... This is not how it works

I shouldn't even react to such a ridiculous post but alas
That is how it works. The Shah were getting the best American tech, Turkey up until Erdogan started to become somehow hostile to the Americans were receiving the best American tech, read who built our first nuclear reactors, Americans themselves admitted they were willing to give the Shah whatever weapons he desired, as long as he paid for them.

I respectively disagree rafigh.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions, without the arms embargo, 8-year war and decades of self-sufficiency which ensued after 1979: We would of had very little of the now many Iranian made armaments that have been produced since there wouldn't have been a reason to build them in the first place.

I just don't see why an Iran that had stayed friendly or cordial to the U.S. would need to build dozens of missile cities and thousands of ballistic missiles as presumably the military would have been more conventionally oriented much like everyone else in the region. Doesn't seem all that logical to me.

That's my take on it atleast.

First of all, if we were not hostile to the Americans, there wouldn't even be a war with Iraq. But let me ask you this, from where did we get the tech and know how to build our very first armaments?

That is how it works. The Shah were getting the best American tech, Turkey up until Erdogan started to become somehow hostile to the Americans were receiving the best American tech, read who built our first nuclear reactors, Americans themselves admitted they were willing to give the Shah whatever weapons he desired, as long as he paid for them.

First of all, if we were not hostile to the Americans, there wouldn't even be a war with Iraq. But let me ask you this, from where did we get the tech and know how to build our very first armaments?

Well it depends doesn't it?

Iran's military inventory is quite diverse when you take a good hard look at it. You have:....
-British Ships and tanks
-American Tanks, Jets, Air defenses, radars),
-Russian air defenses, radars and tanks and small arms,
-Chinese cruise missiles and boats
-North Korean SCUDS and missiles (which was the basis of Iran's now gigantic missile development and production infrastructure) -- correct if I'm wrong on this one, not all to sure about it.
-Libyan SCUDS as well
-Syrian arms as well at least to some capacity (not too sure about this one).

Iran had/still has a very heterogenous arms inventory but it used what it got before to pave the way for the new weapons it has developed recently.

I do cast doubt over just how willing America would have been (I seem to keep on using the phrase "would have been" lol, my apologies for the redundancy) in providing Iran with as much TOT and military support as you claim they would have provided. Not trying to be rude or anything, I just don't see that as feasible imo.

Last edited:
Well it depends doesn't it?

Iran's military inventory is quite diverse when you take a good hard look at it. You have:....
-British Ships and tanks
-American Tanks, Jets, Air defenses, radars),
-Russian air defenses, radars and tanks and small arms,
-Chinese cruise missiles and boats
-North Korean SCUDS and missiles (which was the basis of Iran's now gigantic missile development and production infrastructure) -- correct if I'm wrong on this one, not all to sure about it.
-Syrian arms as well at least to some capacity (not too sure about this one).

Iran had/still has a very heterogenous arms inventory but it used what it got before to pave the way for the new weapons it has developed recently.

Do you agree or disagree that our early missiles were based on SCUDS and North Korean missiles? Do you agree that today, our missile program has surpassed NK's missile program?

Back
Top Bottom