What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I tried.... didn't liked a bit....none of my friends liked either.....:angry:
Could you ever say no, to this white hot sauce covered baby?
19295558524_2e4a7c3c0e.jpg

Tell me yes, and I wouldn't look into your eyes never, ever.
:lol:

Anyway, we call it Turki Kebab (kabab-e-turki) for a reason, and you might be aware of something that I miss, but anyway, I would kill people for that little hot babe up there :lol:

heyf ke ghavanin ye kam dasto pa giran, or else I would have rewarded you a positive rating for that beauty piece.

All this doner talk made me order one last night. So freaking good.

I have at least one every week.
In which country can you order Döner?

Well, seems like a specialty...first time ever seeing it. :)

I won't change Green Baklava for anything. :D

YE%C5%9E%C4%B0LBAKLAVA.jpg

Overflowing with Pistachio.... out of this world. :) Künefe is also one of my favorites.

@Madali @warfareknow

Guys have you ever tried "Horizontal Döner" ..."Oltu çağ Kebabı" ?

5555555.jpg

1342139834537.jpg

GelGor_Cag_Kebap01.jpg

If Döner is the king, this one is the Emperor. :)
Does vertical taste better? :D

That's great but how are they gonna determine the shift in laser beems omitted by the detectors "resulted by gravity waves squeezing the Earth " belong to what type of stellar phenomena happening in space? Black holes , supernovas or ...
I asking 'cause space telescope like Hubble and and the new one "James Webb Space Telescope" that is gonna get launched by NASA in 2018 observe universe through wavelength which if I say correctly blue indicates further objects while red closer ones +light curves that shows brightness of the object over a time ... and then compare it by standard light curves to possibly identify the type of object ....

Yes, something like that. The Doppler effect among other things such as spectrometery have helped us to understand the universe. But the universe we are seeing now is just a small portion of universe since only about 5% of the universe is visible through electromagnetic emissions (the rest is dark matter and energy). The gravitational waves are produced by high energy events in universe such as supernova, black holes colliding with each other, binary stars orbiting each other and other events which will now be discovered. It is now too early to say what will be all that we will see with this new "telescope" as it was too early to speculate what we would find seeing when Galileo had invented his telescope.

Well, they have done quite marvelous engineering to detect the gravitational waves. This is how they have done it. They put a laser and split the beam of this laser, guiding it down two paths, at the end of the paths, the mirrors reflect the laser beam back and when they meet again, these beams interfere with each other (as any other wave does):

Kas-ir-gravitacijas-vilni-3.gif

As you can see above, the photodetector, is looking at the return beams. In case, both the paths the beams are travelling on, are the same length, the interference is going to be say constructive:

365x367xImage157.gif.pagespeed.ic.2Yh5cpR-Pw.png
\\

But if a small difference in length of the paths occur due to say, a gravitational wave passing by the earth, then the waves go out of sync and a destructive interference occurs, which will be detected by the photodector:

365x285xImage158.gif.pagespeed.ic.PKP76vFjmG.png

This is of course highly simplified. The difference, they are measuring for is 0.1% the diameter of a proton. And it was an engineering challenge to measure such a small difference, as even a mosquito landing on the equipment produces larger differences, so they had alot of engineering problems, isolating the system from all that is happening around it, mosquitoes, earth tremors, bugs, ants, humans, traffic, you name it.

That is why, the plan is for a gravitational wave detector be built in space, which will be much more accurate and sensitive (the reason it has not been built till now, has been because amrika khodesho loos kardeh bood, va beh oropa gofteh bood poolesho shomaha bedin vali prozheh amrikai bayad basheh, oropaya ghabol nakardan. Amrika ham goft ageh mitonin khodeton dorostesh konid. Oropa migeh bedon amrika in kar emkan pazir nist, va hala montazeran shayad amrika tasmimesho avaz koneh makhsosan alan keh LIGO javab dad.

But they did it finally. Einstein himself believed, detection of gravity waves will remain outside of human's technological capabilities. But here we are.

It is now a new era for science, specially astronomy.

This how it sounded by the way (converting the signal at the photodetector to sound):

Agar ma aghl dashtim, miraftim beh amrika va oropa migoftim keh ma 2 milliard dollar midim va to LISA sharik kar mishim. Beh jayeh inkeh berim miliard miliard beh babak zanjani bedim ya to Yonan va Sudan sarmayeh gozari konim, in kar kheili behtar eh:

Does vertical taste better? :D
Nope. :D Cağ kebab (horizontal :lol: ) is the best. :D

Could you ever say no, to this white hot sauce covered baby?
19295558524_2e4a7c3c0e.jpg

Tell me yes, and I wouldn't look into your eyes never, ever.
:lol:

Anyway, we call it Turki Kebab (kabab-e-turki) for a reason, and you might be aware of something that I miss, but anyway, I would kill people for that little hot babe up there :lol:

Mate, i tried the exact same thing...it's like eating plastic with some vegetables and sauce....i will never eat it again. It's a blasphemy against Döner....... even the bread is not good....

Avarage Döner should look like this.
Karsiyaka-Hosta-Piknik-5.jpg

More ingredients kill the taste of the meat....

This is even better.
Image148.jpg

Mate, i tried the exact same thing...it's like eating plastic with some vegetables and sauce....i will never eat it again. It's a blasphemy against Döner....... even the bread is not good....
What can I say mate, you are the expert. And you show such a profession I'd rather put all the trust on what you say.

And about the miss universe you have posted below;

Karsiyaka-Hosta-Piknik-5.jpg

A flawless beauty, the queen of the queens.

And respectfully, let me introduce her to what seems being her lost soul mate;

K1378722634.jpg

And the result, the combination, would be the promised reincarnated messiah coming true.

Yes, something like that. The Doppler effect among other things such as spectrometery have helped us to understand the universe. But the universe we are seeing now is just a small portion of universe since only about 5% of the universe is visible through electromagnetic emissions (the rest is dark matter and energy). The gravitational waves are produced by high energy events in universe such as supernova, black holes colliding with each other, binary stars orbiting each other and other events which will now be discovered. It is now too early to say what will be all that we will see with this new "telescope" as it was too early to speculate what we would find seeing when Galileo had invented his telescope.

Well, they have done quite marvelous engineering to detect the gravitational waves. This is how they have done it. They put a laser and split the beam of this laser, guiding it down two paths, at the end of the paths, the mirrors reflect the laser beam back and when they meet again, these beams interfere with each other (as any other wave does):

Kas-ir-gravitacijas-vilni-3.gif

As you can see above, the photodetector, is looking at the return beams. In case, both the paths the beams are travelling on, are the same length, the interference is going to be say constructive:

365x367xImage157.gif.pagespeed.ic.2Yh5cpR-Pw.png
\\

But if a small difference in length of the paths occur due to say, a gravitational wave passing by the earth, then the waves go out of sync and a destructive interference occurs, which will be detected by the photodector:

365x285xImage158.gif.pagespeed.ic.PKP76vFjmG.png

This is of course highly simplified. The difference, they are measuring for is 0.1% the diameter of a proton. And it was an engineering challenge to measure such a small difference, as even a mosquito landing on the equipment produces larger differences, so they had alot of engineering problems, isolating the system from all that is happening around it, mosquitoes, earth tremors, bugs, ants, humans, traffic, you name it.

That is why, the plan is for a gravitational wave detector be built in space, which will be much more accurate and sensitive (the reason it has not been built till now, has been because amrika khodesho loos kardeh bood, va beh oropa gofteh bood poolesho shomaha bedin vali prozheh amrikai bayad basheh, oropaya ghabol nakardan. Amrika ham goft ageh mitonin khodeton dorostesh konid. Oropa migeh bedon amrika in kar emkan pazir nist, va hala montazeran shayad amrika tasmimesho avaz koneh makhsosan alan keh LIGO javab dad.

But they did it finally. Einstein himself believed, detection of gravity waves will remain outside of human's technological capabilities. But here we are.

It is now a new era for science, specially astronomy.

This how it sounded by the way (converting the signal at the photodetector to sound):

Thanks for your kindness and the time you spent on it .... I got the concept as you said in the first place it was really oversimplified in the first clip and explained in the nutshell by Brian Greene not too hard to fathom .... thx again for explanation it .... my problem wasn't how they detect the gravity waves it was well-explained in the clip but my Q was how they study and differentiate these waves .... fro example I think when a star explode it gotta make a constant wave which is different from a black hole .....

Agar ma aghl dashtim, miraftim beh amrika va oropa migoftim keh ma 2 milliard dollar midim va to LISA sharik kar mishim. Beh jayeh inkeh berim miliard miliard beh babak zanjani bedim ya to Yonan va Sudan sarmayeh gozari konim, in kar kheili behtar eh:

I hope so we did something like that with CERN .. why not ... but not gonna happen ...

In which country can you order Döner?

Iran. It's mostly famous as "Kabab Turki". There are two near my house that I love the most. They fill it to overflowing with meat.

100238610_67S16-jMDFkaskbRWNm7w9hPmrHpa0dVgfjBpJAWS5c.jpg

---

In other discussions, you know, I was watching "Cosmos" last night, and I was thinking. Maybe one of the reason that western cultures are scientifically more advanced is that they make science look more fun and interesting. Our Seda Sima documentaries are so boring. Compare our talking heads to theirs. Whenever a scientist is on a western program, he talks so full of energy and full of excitement. Our looks like a boring accountant giving off numbers.

Then it made me think of children's programs. The Japanese are really good at this. Their anime about certain subjects makes you want to achieve. I wonder how many of kids fell in love with soccer due to Captain Tsubasa (or Captain Majeed, when I was watching it as a kid in Dubai). There is a lot of good things to learn in that cartoon, about how you have to practice and try your best to achieve something big.

Another good example of Japanese anime which gives you positive energy to do whatever you want to do is Hajime No Ippo, a boxing anime.

Whenever I watch this scene, I want to get up and shadow box in my office.

Last edited:
Iran. It's mostly famous as "Kabab Turki". There are two near my house that I love the most. They fill it to overflowing with meat.
Looks delicious.

@Sinan a part from an article in Hürriyet about Berlin.

TÜRK DÖNERİ Mİ ALMAN DÖNERİ Mİ?

Almanya'ya gittin bir de döner mi yedin diyenlerdenseniz şayet gühanımı alıyorsunuz. Buradaki dönerler ülkemizdeki dönerlerden çok farklı ve daha güzel. Hayatımda yediğim en güzel döneri Berlin'de yedim desem abartmamış olurum. Malzemesi daha bol ve içindeki sosu çok lezzetli.

Ayrıca dönerlerin sunumu daha başarılı.

56df5135c03c114050c02ab0

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/almanyada-bir-turk-mahallesi-kucuk-istanbul-kreuzberg-40065587

You guys just god a bad one, the ones in Germany are really delicious.

Last edited:

100238610_67S16-jMDFkaskbRWNm7w9hPmrHpa0dVgfjBpJAWS5c.jpg

---

In other discussions, you know, I was watching "Cosmos" last night, and I was thinking. Maybe one of the reason that western cultures are scientifically more advanced is that they make science look more fun and interesting. Our Seda Sima documentaries are so boring. Compare our talking heads to theirs. Whenever a scientist is on a western program, he talks so full of energy and full of excitement. Our looks like a boring accountant giving off numbers.

Then it made me think of children's programs. The Japanese are really good at this. Their anime about certain subjects makes you want to achieve. I wonder how many of kids fell in love with soccer due to Captain Tsubasa (or Captain Majeed, when I was watching it as a kid in Dubai). There is a lot of good things to learn in that cartoon, about how you have to practice and try your best to achieve something big.

Another good example of Japanese anime which gives you positive energy to do whatever you want to do is Hajime No Ippo, a boxing anime.

Whenever I watch this scene, I want to get up and shadow box in my office.

Why they still use paper? Its illegal for at least 20 year.

کباب فقط کوبیده

تمام

از کباب ترکی بکشین بیرون

:D
بابا حالم بهم خورد لااقل میگفتی برگ با چنجه که لاقل مزه گوشت میدادن نه پوست مرغ و آرد و .....

Paper is illegal? Is itnthe tinfoil kind.
Thats the plain old several thousands year old paper which is illegal because of health concern , here nobody warp the fastfood in tinfoil.

Back
Top Bottom