What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

تا بحث سیاسی هست و در جواب سوال ها به اتهام زنی می پردازیم ، همین روند ادامه داره ...

The Science and Engineering Indicators 2016 report is out: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/2016/nsb20161/uploads/1/nsb20161.pdf

It has some interesting observations on Iran.

In 2014 for example, Iran was only third world wide behind India and China in sending graduate doctoral students to American universities, with almost all of these Iranian students being enrolled in science and engineering fields that is more than 80%. Considering the population of India and China being much larger than Iran, it means Iranian students are working doubly hard to get into American doctoral programs (which are extremely competitive). Probably harder than anyone else in the world.

Another interesting observation being, Iran has the highest stay-over rate among foreign doctoral students in US with 92% of Iranians who get their American PhD's continue staying in US, and do not return to Iran.

The report also comments on internal dynamics of Iran's higher education underlining that Iran is one of the countries in the world with the highest proportions of its graduates made of engineering fields and also being a country where women make up a higher proportion of engineering graduates than United States.

It is a good report and has good info on many countries comparing them with US.

The Science and Engineering Indicators 2016 report is out: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/2016/nsb20161/uploads/1/nsb20161.pdf

It has some interesting observations on Iran.

In 2014 for example, Iran was only third world wide behind India and China in sending graduate doctoral students to American universities, with almost all of these Iranian students being enrolled in science and engineering fields that is more than 80%. Considering the population of India and China being much larger than Iran, it means Iranian students are working doubly hard to get into American doctoral programs (which are extremely competitive). Probably harder than anyone else in the world.

Another interesting observation being, Iran has the highest stay-over rate among foreign doctoral students in US with 92% of Iranians who get their American PhD's continue staying in US, and do not return to Iran.

The report also comments on internal dynamics of Iran's higher education underlining that Iran is one of the countries in the world with the highest proportions of its graduates made of engineering fields and also being a country where women make up a higher proportion of engineering graduates than United States.

It is a good report and has good info on many countries comparing them with US.

The part that says "continue staying in US" bothered me the most .

Guys, when are we going to know the results from elections?

In a few hours.

The part that says "continue staying in US" bothered me the most .

Well, that is how things are. Though these are those who stay in US, out of the remaining 8%, many would not stay in US but would rather go to other countries, eg. England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc etc (what I have seen myself). Though report does not say it, but I surmise less than one percent actually return to Iran. Though situation can improve if R&D spending is increased from 0.75% of GDP (as per the report for 2008) and more importantly academic freedom is legalized and protected like national honor and national borders. These are the two most important things which can be done to retain the brains, rather than losing them forever.

An article by son of Bobby Kennedy (brother of assassinated US president) on history of Syria and US involvement there. The same people who did Operation Ajax had also tried to do the same in Syria: RFK Jr.: Why the Arabs Don't Want Us in Syria - POLITICO Magazine

This article puts things in perspective when US today is calling for "democracy" in Syria.

"If israel is the only democracy in middle east , then i rather not vote" - Jill Valentine

1323348_398.jpg

این ها مال قبل از انقلابند ، به عنوان پهپاد هدف بودند .... الکی مثلا دوتا موشک روشون نصبر کردند که جلو و عقبشون معلوم نیستند ....

شهرستان ها به دنبال تهران در دور دوم به اصلاح طلب ها رای خواهند داد

اخبار دکتر اختاپوس

اصول گرگر ها گریه خواهند کرد

دکتر اختاپوس

اگر هم به مستقل ها رای بدهند اونها که دیگه غیر حکومتی تر هستند

اصول گرگر ها گریه کنید گریه قشنگه

قمپز در کرمان دوباره تعریف شد

دهات به اصلاح طلب ها رای دادند کرمان به گرگر ها

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom