What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

@Daneshmand bro,

You commented in another thread about lack of R&D capability in Iran. why do you think this is a case and how should it be changed? Do you see any improvement in this regard? I too have felt/noticed this problem. Although Iran is making scientific progress, I still don't see real R&D capability in important fields.

Be nice to know your thoughts.

It is not perhaps the lack of R&D but probably the lack of vision and management. Compared to the region Iran lives in and to Islamic world, Iran is ahead but compared to developed countries, Iran is behind. According to this source, Iran stands at 16th in research papers in 2014, an improvement from 18th in 2013: SJR - International Science Ranking

But there are serious problems. For instance, most of these papers are not ground breaking but rather reviewing other papers, there is little real science going on, then in technology most of the work has no prospect of application within Iran or aimed at Iran's needs. Then there is a funding and proper use of funds problem which is also true in other fields. The mindset of researchers and the structures they work in, are deficient in many ways.

Universities are not autonomous enough to be able to chart their own way, neither a strategic vision exists in them to respond to national needs. They produce way more graduates in fields that have a "social prestige element to their degrees" but not enough in those which actually Iranian economy needs. The industries, basically never believed in Iranian gradates being able to solve their problems, so they never invested in research by Iranians for Iranians with a global vision. They rather prefer to import foreign technology and bring in foreign firms to solve their problems. The government has also always preferred quick fix solutions instead of taking the risk to venture into uncharted territory of national capabilities in R&D, despite the populist slogans. The R&D expenditure component of GDP has always been way below 1%. The financial institutions refuse to fund R&D for very similar reasons.

This is a complex topic. To fully understand where the problems are and how other developed countries tackled those problems, in addition to finding unique solutions to these problems, a proper study has to be done (not slogan type). I do not think any such study has been done in Iran.

The Dealbreakers

1cb49ef5d01b837dacbf3e1942f3b61e.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

:)

yeah it's too hard i agree , but it'll become very sweet when you start learning , i promise .

yes I am motivated to learn the language of my country

it is a great pride for me

Speacking about humanity while you are using Bashar Al Asad's picture as your avatar !!!

Man, you are just some piece of work !!
Move It'll serve your master kind of troll, bachar al assad is a man unlike the dog qi governs you, these are not human but coward and murderer

yes I am motivated to learn the language of my country

it is a great pride for me

Move It'll serve your master kind of troll, bachar al assad is a man unlike the dog qi governs you, these are not human but coward and murderer

Yeah a man, a very humane one indeed !!

Yeah a man, a very humane one indeed !!
yes it resists Israel is he defends his country, make your dog dirrigent? it fianance the teroriste and are a knee to israel, you have more honor, I'd rather have a dirrigent like al assad pluto your teroriste monarchy.

sa na nothing personal but ouvez eyes and look the truth in the face, you would always dog for them, must be resisted

yes it resists Israel is he defends his country, make your dog dirrigent? it fianance the teroriste and are a knee to israel, you have more honor, I'd rather have a dirrigent like al assad pluto your teroriste monarchy.

sa na nothing personal but ouvez eyes and look the truth in the face, you would always dog for them, must be resisted

I just love your English khahar.

Back
Top Bottom