What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

yao-ming.jpg

gtfo.gif

I watched the documentary above.

Documentary is not very rich but have to do. I want to ask 2 questions.

1-) Neckties aren't being used in Iran. Why is that ?

2-) Why do you use Arabic alphabet ? Persia has big history and culture. Don't you have your own alphabet ?

* Finally learned what Çarşamba and Perşembe means. :) (Wednesday and Thursday).

I watched the documentary above.

Documentary is not very rich but have to do. I want to ask 2 questions.

1-) Neckties aren't being used in Iran. Why is that ?

2-) Why do you use Arabic alphabet ? Persia has big history and culture. Don't you have your own alphabet ?

About your first question I should say that , Some people use tie in the street , non governmental organizations , offices etc but in Iran you're not allowed to wear tie in governmental organizations because according to law tie is from western culture in other words its kinda part of cultural invasion .

I remember that , once I and my classmates decided to celebrate at school and wore suit + tie but our moderator hung us for that . He was running after us in salon and the yard and pulling the ties and our necks which could end in casualties ONLY because some teenager students had worn tie .

What a motherfu.cker he was :(

I don't have enough info about he second question but according to the books and articles I've read about Pre Islam era ( Parthians and Sassanians ) I can tell you that our language was Pahlavi in modern Iran and Armeni in modern Armenia that was mostly a dependent state between Eastern empires and Rome .

کشتی ما رو.
میخوام بدونم رو کدوم نقطه حساسشون دست گذاشته بودی
یا خودمونی تر، این چوقو کجاشون کرده بودی

our ancient alphabet wasn't much effective, also in the Persian empire only elite people had the literacy right, so when Islam entered Iran, a religion that even encouraged people to study and learn sciences, that ancient alphabet automatically disappeared.

iranis are the most beautiful people on this planet esply women.we indians and pakistanis die to have facial features and complexion like u ppl(i am an exception though).

Iranian women are beautiful but they are the ones use make up the most in the planet as well and you don't generally see any difference in them day and night , at work or in university or in bed etc cos they have the same make up all the time .

Don't worry man cos God never gives everything to 1 . I'm sure you can find many abilities in yourself .

Iranian women are beautiful but they are the ones use make up the most in the planet as well and you don't generally see any difference in them day and night , at work or in university or in bed etc cos they have the same make up all the time .

Don't worry man cos God never gives everything to 1 . I'm sure you can find many abilities in yourself .

That documentary said similar things regarding the make up. I'm not against a light make-up but i hate heavy make-up. Feels like I'm being deceived. :undecided:

Why do you use Arabic alphabet ? Persia has big history and culture. Don't you have your own alphabet ?

* Finally learned what Çarşamba and Perşembe means. :) (Wednesday and Thursday).

The answer to this question requires vast historical and linguistic knowledge. You should definitely read history of Persian, at least an introduction to it.

After Islam came to Iran, Perso-Arabic alphabet was developed and Persian language flourished even more then, producing world class poets, scientists and scholars.

We do have an alphabet, in old and middle Persian:

Old Persian inscription:

800px-Pers%C3%A9polis._Inscription.jpg

Middle Persian Alphabet:

alphabet.jpg

But we have been using this writing system for nearly 1200 years and I believe there is no shame in it. Too many historical books have been written in this system for 1200 years and changing the whole alphabet system doesn't worth all the difficulties and obstacles in this way and it won't change things much either.

Look at European languages, all of them have their own great histories, but most of them use the same writing system, Latin, with minor changes and they are not after changing it, because it has assimilated in the society and culture so good that it's nearly impossible to change it in modern times and even if it's possible, it would take many years and huge costs bearing no significant fruit.

Many languages in the world have borrowed from other languages, and became better and better. Persian too, as much as it influenced almost all the languages in western Asia, it also took some of their advantages.

I can't judge if Ataturk's decision to change the Ottoman alphabet in to Latin one was right or not, but I know he faced great difficulties and achieved something spectacular, raising a whole new generation who could barely understand the language used in the empire that existed in their homeland no more than 40 years earlier.
So I can ask you, why don't you use your own alphabet and instead use Latin (ignoring few changes that was applied to Latin to create the Modern Turkish Alphabet)? The answer is that, it just fits well in the society, why change it? No one forgets the great histories of our countries (Iran, Turkey) even if we use another writing system. It doesn't matter much.

PS: The right spelling is Charshanbe (Chaharshanbe) and Pan[j]shanbe (Thursday).:P

But to ear, they are heard as charshambe and panshambe.

iranis are the most beautiful people on this planet esply women.we indians and pakistanis die to have facial features and complexion like u ppl(i am an exception though).

Hey Hey Hey...
Just talk on behalf of India. We are happy from what we have.

The answer to this question requires vast historical and linguistic knowledge. You should definitely read history of Persian, at least an introduction to it.

After Islam came to Iran, Perso-Arabic alphabet was developed and Persian language flourished even more then, producing world class poets, scientists and scholars.

We do have an alphabet, in old and middle Persian:

Old Persian inscription:

800px-Pers%C3%A9polis._Inscription.jpg

Middle Persian Alphabet:

alphabet.jpg

But we have been using this writing system for nearly 1200 years and I believe there is no shame in it. Too many historical books have been written in this system for 1200 years and changing the whole alphabet system doesn't worth all the difficulties and obstacles in this way and it won't change things much either.

Look at European languages, all of them have their own great histories, but most of them use the same writing system, Latin, with minor changes and they are not after changing it, because it has assimilated in the society and culture so good that it's nearly impossible to change it in modern times and even if it's possible, it would take many years and huge costs bearing no significant fruit.

Many languages in the world have borrowed from other languages, and became better and better. Persian too, as much as it influenced almost all the languages in western Asia, it also took some of their advantages.

I can't judge if Ataturk's decision to change the Ottoman alphabet in to Latin one was right or not, but I know he faced great difficulties and achieved something spectacular, raising a whole new generation who could barely understand the language used in the empire that existed in their homeland no more than 40 years earlier.
So I can ask you, why don't you use your own alphabet and instead use Latin (ignoring few changes that was applied to Latin to create the Modern Turkish Alphabet)? The answer is that, it just fits well in the society, why change it? No one forgets the great histories of our countries (Iran, Turkey) even if we use another writing system. It doesn't matter much.

PS: The right spelling is Charshanbe (Chaharshanbe) and Pan[j]shanbe (Thursday).:P

But to ear, they are heard as charshambe and panshambe.

Thanks for the detailed post much appreciated.

Regarding the alphabet use, i think Iran's situation is a little different from us. We were a nomadic nation while you were settled civilization. I thought being a settled civilization you would preserve your alphabet. But i see that is all related with literacy rate. Similar case with us switching to Latin alphabet.

Back
Top Bottom