What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

It depends on three things: where you are, what is your specialty, and how good you are. In some areas, a family physician might make only 100 K, while specialties that are in demand can take even over a million eg. interventional radiology, orthopedic surgery, plastic etc. These figures look high to you, because Iran's economy is not doing well. Otherwise, even metro ticket sellers, auto-mechanics and truck drivers make over 100k easy in West.

Overall, these doctor salaries, are not astronomical. They are pretty much mid-range. A fresh software engineer worth his/her salt starts with over 100k nowadays. The highest salaries are actually that of charted accountants and competent lawyers. A good charted accountant can expect to take home millions of dollars. Doctors are by comparison living mediocre. Alot of stress, responsibility and almost continuous studies. The only thing which is abit different, from other fields, is a bit higher (just abit, certainly not alot) respect from general public.

Money-wise, medicine is not a good option. It takes a long time to become good at a specialty almost always when you are well into your 40's and 50's and still you will be making less than a 22 year old software kid at Google. If I have any advice for kids who are making decision regarding their occupation (13-20 year olds), I would urge them to follow what they truly love. They should disregard money. As for you, if you want to take up things in US, you must start preparing for USMLE. To increase your chances, you will need to aim for 99 (at least on step I and II). It is not easy. But it is do-able.
You've said a lot of bs in your time here. This post takes the cake.

wtf is a "metro ticket seller"? Seriously what is that? You get tickets from a machine. There's no such a thing as a "metro ticket seller."

Chartered accountant making a million dollars? Are you out of your mind? If he has his own business or if he's a partner, then maybe, but it would be in year 15 of his career at the earliest. I studied accounting and salaries in Canada are even higher than in the US so don't try to bull shit me. Also, lawyers in the US make shit money for the most part. Only the ones that make partner make good money and most don't. The education isn't regulated in the US like it is in a place like Canada so you've got a bazillion law students running around. In Canada, for example, there are only 6 civil law schools and a dozen common law schools, that's it. All graduates make okay money, but the gravy train won't leave station till they make partner.

Take a look at average salaries and median after tax incomes for Americans. What you wrote is complete manure. A mechanic can make a bazillion dollars. But after overhead, he's only taking home 50K a year max.

The only thing you said that wasn't complete bs was this:

It depends on three things: where you are, what is your specialty, and how good you are. In some areas, a family physician might make only 100 K, while specialties that are in demand can take even over a million

@haman10

It really does depend on the specialty and the market. If you run your own practice, your overhead will be huge and unless you have a good reputation and you're seeing a lot of patients, you won't be making much. For example a dentist or a family doctor with his/her own office has to pay 2-3 receptionists, lease equipment (not cheap at all), lease the office, pay for utilities, pay insurance and there's obviously income tax. All that takes away a good chunk of the sales away. In your case, you'd have to finish med school in Iran and after a few years of trying to come to the West, try to pass their exams and take courses again. After you finish all those you have to work wherever they tell you to. It could take years and years till you start having a decent life. We have a couple of family friends here that had to go through re-certification. One of them didn't make it and decided to call it quits. Your degree and experience in Iran isn't worth much here, at least not in Canada. Even if you have a decade of experience in Iran, you'd have to do a bunch of exams at the very least. It is something worth investigating though.

Edit: where did you get that chart btw? It doesn't say what market it's from.

Last edited:
You've said a lot of bs in your time here. This post takes the cake.

wtf is a "metro ticket seller"? Seriously what is that? You get tickets from a machine. There's no such a thing as a "metro ticket seller."

Chartered accountant making a million dollars? Are you out of your mind? If he has his own business or if he's a partner, then maybe, but it would be in year 15 of his career at the earliest. I studied accounting and salaries in Canada are even higher than in the US so don't try to bull shit me. Also, lawyers in the US make shit money for the most part. Only the ones that make partner make good money and most don't. The education isn't regulated in the US like it is in a place like Canada so you've got a bazillion law students running around. In Canada, for example, there are only 6 civil law schools and a dozen common law schools, that's it. All graduates make okay money, but the gravy train won't leave station till they make partner.

Take a look at average salaries and median after tax incomes for Americans. What you wrote is complete manure. A mechanic can make a bazillion dollars. But after overhead, he's only taking home 50K a year max.

The only thing you said that wasn't complete bs was this:

Well you are a foul mouthed, half educated guy. This is the second time, you have started to use your foul mouth (did your parents taught you to talk this way or your elder sis?), the previous time was when I was answering that fascist Markus on some thread and you came and started saying Iran suffers from blackouts. Well, the Iranians who live in Iran, know the truth so they can decide for themselves, what a big liar and self-hater you are.

On the issues your raised: First of all you are not a charted accountant. By your own admission you labor in oil industry doing some physical work. A charted accountant who runs his own firm can actually make more than millions of dollars per year. There are charted accountants who make tens of millions of dollars. Every one is not like you, doing manual labor in dirt. Some actually live off their brains.

By accounting and law, I did not mean the third grade, "occupational" colleges churning out "accounting assistants" and "para-legals". I meant real law and accounting graduates.

And my talk with Haman, was not about general public (you included). It was about the highly qualified people among them doctors (you not included). I was comparing these people. You obviously are among the the lower segments who play in dirt.

And this a metro ticket seller. He is the guy who stands and checks tickets at metro stations. Most make over 100k. Next time when you are passing through, ask the guy:

image.jpg

@haman10 ,

Do not listen to this jerk. He does not know what he is talking about. He is a jealous prick who wants to disappoint you because he himself has not been able to make it into academic world (like most self hating Iranians here, who are into dead end jobs with their pointless lives who then become real state agents). US takes in thousands of FMG's every year. Most make out ok. If you have 99 scores on step I and II, there is a high probability that you will get a good residency. If on the other hand, you are into research, you will have to do GRE, plus if you have published research, it will help even more. Do not let some jerk dishearten you. There are wonderful Iranian graduates who excel in West. Just because this jerk is not among them, does not mean you have no chance.

By the way, I know there are doctors in Iran who actually make very similar amounts to their American counterparts. Specially those who have specializations from Western countries, or those who are super-good at what they do.

Well you are a foul mouthed, half educated guy. This is the second time, you have started to use your foul mouth (did your parents taught you to talk this way or your elder sis?), the previous time was when I was answering that fascist Markus on some thread and you came and started saying Iran suffers from blackouts. Well, the Iranians who live in Iran, know the truth so they can decide for themselves, what a big liar and self-hater you are.

On the issues your raised: First of all you are not a charted accountant. By your own admission you labor in oil industry doing some physical work. A charted accountant who runs his own firm can actually make more than millions of dollars per year. There are charted accountants who make tens of millions of dollars. Every one is not like you, doing manual labor in dirt. Some actually live off their brains.

By accounting and law, I did not mean the third grade, "occupational" colleges churning out "accounting assistants" and "para-legals". I meant real law and accounting graduates.

And my talk with Haman, was not about general public (you included). It was about the highly qualified people among them doctors (you not included). I was comparing these people. You obviously are among the the lower segments who play in dirt.

And this a metro ticket seller. He is the guy who stands and checks tickets at metro stations. Most make over 100k. Next time when you are passing through, ask the guy:

image.jpg

@haman10 ,

Do not listen to this jerk. He does not know what he is talking about. He is a jealous prick who wants to disappoint you because he himself has not been able to make it into academic world (like most self hating Iranians here, who are into dead end jobs with their pointless lives who then become real state agents). US takes in thousands of FMG's every year. Most make out ok. If you have 99 scores on step I and II, there is a high probability that you will get a good residency. If on the other hand, you are into research, you will have to do GRE, plus if you have published research, it will help even more. Do not let some jerk dishearten you. There are wonderful Iranian graduates who excel in West. Just because this jerk is not among them, does not mean you have no chance.

By the way, I know there are doctors in Iran who actually make very similar amounts to their American counterparts. Specially those who have specializations from Western countries, or those who are super-good at what they do.
Man I'm actually embarrassed for you. I seriously am.

In the US, minimum wage is 7 dollars an hour. A guy selling tickets at a metro (I didn't even know there was such a thing, but I guess the US is at least a couple of decades behind every other OECD country) making minimum wage is making 100K? Are you retarded? That's a rhetorical question btw.

And of course I'm not a chartered accountant. Figure that all by yourself? You don't become a designated accountant by getting a degree. Maybe 1/10000 accountants is making that much money. An accountant making tens of millions of dollars doing accounting work? LMAOOOO Where the hell are getting this bull shit from? Are you going to back your manure up or what? You're telling Haman that accountants make millions when even experienced guys in top 4 firms aren't making over 150K. You act like every single accountant, lawyer and doctor ends up running his own multinational firm or practice.

I meant real law and accounting graduates.

loool there's no such a thing. To become a lawyer you have to pass the bar and have work experience. To become a CPA or a CA you have to pass 12 modules, even if you have a degree. After you pass those you have to be hired as a trainee and after 2.5 years you have to pass a bunch of exams. You don't become designated with a degree and simple graduation. You don't even know the basics and here you are telling people that accountants make tens of millions of dollars.

Babat does general labor aziz. I'm a technician making six figures in my early 20's. Don't patronize me. If accounting was gravy, I'd be doing that. You start out with a 40,000 dollar salary as a trainee in an auditing firm. After 3 years of experience and after you pass all your exams, then your salary doubles to around 80K. With 8 years of experience you can expect a touch over 100K. You also can't just open your own business willy nilly like it's a ghasabi. You need clients. That takes time. The vast majority of accountants that end up branching out, make partner. Again, that takes time. Even then they won't make more than 200K.

You must be a billionaire btw, eh Daneshmand? After all, it's super easy to be making 10 million dollars a year. I'm still contemplating how you calculated 100K a year form 7 bucks an hour. That takes some phd level theoretical physics and math. You're the "educated" guy I guess. Being "dast be dool" as an adult and a career student with nothing to show for it constitutes success I guess.

P.S. the presidential salary in the US is 400K. Obama must have took a wrong turn somewhere in life. After all there are hundreds of millions of Americans making trillions (let's ignore the fact that average income in the US is less than 40K, who needs facts).

@Daneshmand @Abii Tnx guys , but was it really necessary to fight ?

Anyhow this is 2013 figure in US by MedScape :

fig2.jpg

Medscape: Medscape Access

Albate inam begam ke masalan General surgeon tooye iran be soorat mamooli 10-12K dar mah dar miare .

khob farghesh dar akhare saal ba yek amrikaee mishi hodoodan 30-40K ke kam nist vali khob kheyli ham ziad nist

Bishtarin fargh to Cardio/neuro surgery va orthopedics hastesh .

Dar kol fekr konam beshe goft Compensation salaneye pezeshk haye amricaee hodood 30-50K bishtar az Irania hastesh .

Een dar sooratiye ke pezeshka taze daramadeshoon khoob nist tou amrica vali tooye Iran bishtarin pool ru pezeshka dar miaran .

alan hich Irani bejoz pezeshkaye motekhases mahi 12-15K dar nemiaran . hich ki .

@rmi5 @kollang @Serpentine

can you guys walk me through Interstellar ? Dafuq did i just see ? o_O

i need to read books man , i really need to step up my reading . my only studies are recently limited to Medical shyte

I really hate it when i don't know sth . ketab moarefi konin dar moredesh :mad:

i need to read books man , i really need to step up my reading . my only studies are recently limited to Medical shyte

I have not seen this movie.

@haman10 In summary, except for @Abii's tone, what he says is correct, and @Daneshmand is giving false information. I guess he has never been in North America in his life.
PS. @Abii of course, there is no job in USA like selling metro tickets. at least I have not seen such people in multiple US cities that I have traveled to them.

@haman10 PS. some additional points:
1. for high salaries like 300k, one needs to pay around 30-40% tax (depending on the state he lives in), and doctors need to pay a huge money to insurance. The reason is that patient can easily sue the doctor, and insurance will receive some money from the doctor to higher advocates for taking care of court and paying fines in doctor's behalf. Another point is that you'll need to pay a big tuition to university and spend many years to become a doctor. So doctor's salaries should be higher to compensate for all of these things.

image.jpg

@haman10 ,

BS

@haman10 In summary, except for @Abii's tone, what he says is correct, and @Daneshmand is giving false information. I guess he has never been in North America in his life.
PS. @Abii of course, there is no job in USA like selling metro tickets. at least I have not seen such people in multiple US cities that I have traveled to them.

@haman10 PS. some additional points:
1. for high salaries like 300k, one needs to pay around 30-40% tax (depending on the state he lives in), and doctors need to pay a huge money to insurance. The reason is that patient can easily sue the doctor, and insurance will receive some money from the doctor to higher advocates for taking care of court and paying fines in doctor's behalf. Another point is that you'll need to pay a big tuition to university and spend many years to become a doctor. So doctor's salaries should be higher to compensate for all of these things.

BS

There is a job as mta ticket seller but it is probably only in NYC, yes these dudes do make over 100k gross but not initially. I know people who actually work behind the booth and they are not only not making minimum but most of them are grown men with families so if they were they wouldn't be able to afford anything. Also these jobs are hard to come by only opening up every couple of years and the benefits are good so when people get in they usually make a career out of it.

@Abii is right about accountants only making around 40k, my sister is an accountant she makes more working private then if she had opened her own private firm which she openly states. Also many college students are business majors and later get their cpa license so the high amount of accountants makes it harder to find good paying work.

He is wrong about private practice doctors though imo, my personal doctor is an Indian who recently went private and he tells me he makes more with his own practice also a Pakistani doctor I know makes so much money privately that he is personally opening a Pakistani community center on his own. So I think for doctors it depends on how you run your practicee the sharp doctors can and do make out big.

There is a job as mta ticket seller but it is probably only in NYC, yes these dudes do make over 100k gross but not initially. I know people who actually work behind the booth and they are not only not making minimum but most of them are grown men with families so if they were they wouldn't be able to afford anything. Also these jobs are hard to come by only opening up every couple of years and the benefits are good so when people get in they usually make a career out of it.

@Abii is right about accountants only making around 40k, my sister is an accountant she makes more working private then if she had opened her own private firm which she openly states. Also many college students are business majors and later get their cpa license so the high amount of accountants makes it harder to find good paying work.

He is wrong about private practice doctors though imo, my personal doctor is an Indian who recently went private and he tells me he makes more with his own practice also a Pakistani doctor I know makes so much money privately that he is personally opening a Pakistani community center on his own. So I think for doctors it depends on how you run your practicee the sharp doctors can and do make out big.

I have not used subway system of NYC, but it was interesting to know that NYC is lagging behind other cities about these simple things. such jobs are really useless, and basically 2-3 ticket vending machines can easily do the job. :what:

I have not used subway system of NYC, but it was interesting to know that NYC is lagging behind other cities about these simple things. such jobs are really useless, and basically 2-3 ticket vending machines can easily do the job. :what:

We have booths with one guy working and three machines along with it. It has more to do with the amount of people using the subway and the fact that if the machines break down (which usually happens) there can be some live person around to help out.

@Daneshmand @Abii Tnx guys , but was it really necessary to fight ?

Anyhow this is 2013 figure in US by MedScape :

fig2.jpg

Medscape: Medscape Access

Albate inam begam ke masalan General surgeon tooye iran be soorat mamooli 10-12K dar mah dar miare .

khob farghesh dar akhare saal ba yek amrikaee mishi hodoodan 30-40K ke kam nist vali khob kheyli ham ziad nist

Bishtarin fargh to Cardio/neuro surgery va orthopedics hastesh .

Dar kol fekr konam beshe goft Compensation salaneye pezeshk haye amricaee hodood 30-50K bishtar az Irania hastesh .

Een dar sooratiye ke pezeshka taze daramadeshoon khoob nist tou amrica vali tooye Iran bishtarin pool ru pezeshka dar miaran .

alan hich Irani bejoz pezeshkaye motekhases mahi 12-15K dar nemiaran . hich ki .

As you can see, it was not me who started the fight. I am beyond these things. But when a dude, does attack, the he needs to be spanked. Anyways I put these retards from whom I have not seen one informative post, on my ignore list. No need to read their drivel.

Let me give an advice, if money is important for you. There are only two kinds of people, in the world. Those who make it and those who don't. If you want to be among those who made it, then you need to stop listening to those who don't. Ambition is everything. If you have the ambition, you will make it. If you listen to self-haters, you won't.

Also many college students are business majors and later get their cpa license so the high amount of accountants makes it harder to find good paying work.

It depends on how good you are. That is not the point. There are always people who get left behind for one reason or another. I know an accountant with his own firm who makes over 40 million dollars a year. I guess it is all about whether you are interested to analyse the bottom of the barrel or the top of the barrel. I prefer the top.

@haman10 ,

These are the kind of people among Iranians, whom you do not want to associate with, they are self hating with pointless lives:

Dast be dool joone aziz, please share with us how you've made your billions and your life experiences. Your idea of success is living with your parents and going to college. And so far you've told the forum that you lived in Pakistan and nothing more than that. Yet, here you are telling Haman that an accountant can make tens of millions of dollars when you don't even know the process to becoming a designated accountant. You say 6 figure jobs are everywhere in the US when the average personal income in the US is around 50K, and that's highly inflated due to insane compensation for the high earners. In reality, middle income earners in the US are only making 30-40k a year on average and that's gross income, not net.

I told @haman10 that his medical degree will not be accepted here and that he'll have to get re-certified. He can go ahead and verify what I said. I never said he shouldn't try to come to the West. That's his choice. Doctors make a lot of money in Iran and for a guy that doesn't hate the government and its policies, it makes little sense to live on dry bread and potatoes till he's in his 30's before he starts making money, when he likes living in Iran to begin with.

As RMI and Kingmamba also said, all your posts have been bs. Show some proof that you're a multi-millionaire or a billionaire and that you lived in North America for extended periods of time. Because everything you're writing here is grade A manure.

I have not seen this movie.
You should man. One of the best movies I've seen in the past decade. If you can, don't download it. Find a theater with HD screens and watch it there. I don't know what the American version to Ultra AVX cinemas would be (probably the same). Find one and watch it there. For you "science" major guys it would be even more fun.

Watch this. They explain some of the theories behind it.

Dast be dool joone aziz, please share with us how you've made your billions and your life experiences. Your idea of success is living with your parents and going to college. And so far you've told the forum that you lived in Pakistan and nothing more than that. Yet, here you are telling Haman that an accountant can make tens of millions of dollars when you don't even know the process to becoming a designated accountant. You say 6 figure jobs are everywhere in the US when the average personal income in the US is around 50K, and that's highly inflated due to insane compensation for the high earners. In reality, middle income earners in the US are only making 30-40k a year on average and that's gross income, not net.

I told @haman10 that his medical degree will not be accepted here and that he'll have to get re-certified. He can go ahead and verify what I said. I never said he shouldn't try to come to the West. That's his choice. Doctors make a lot of money in Iran and for a guy that doesn't hate the government and its policies, it makes little sense to live on dry bread and potatoes till he's in his 30's before he starts making money, when he likes living in Iran to begin with.

As RMI and Kingmamba also said, all your posts have been bs. Show some proof that you're a multi-millionaire or a billionaire and that you lived in North America for extended periods of time. Because everything you're writing here is grade A manure.

You should man. One of the best movies I've seen in the past decade. If you can, don't download it. Find a theater with HD screens and watch it there. I don't know what the American version to Ultra AVX cinemas would be (probably the same). Find one and watch it there. For you "science" major guys it would be even more fun.

Watch this. They explain some of the theories behind it.

Ignore that Daneshmand guy. I bet he has never step foot everywhere except for Iran and Iran's neighbors like Dubai, and Pakistan, while pretends to know more about North America than people who actually live here. As long as he keeps his mouth shut, I have no problem with that, but I felt responsible to reply, when he was giving misinformation to @haman10 for nth time.
As far as @haman10 is concerned, as you mentioned, He will need to take some certificates again, which takes a few years to be fully accomplished. That's what I have personally heard from a few Iranian doctors who live here. IMHO, if you are from medical major and are OK with social and political status of Iran, and if you can attend your "Dore takhassos", you would have no reason to come to west. That's different for science and engineering students because of tons of reasons which is why there are more Iranian engineers coming to west than medical doctors. In summary, @haman10 instead of listening to what every "Khaaliband e Bachche por-rou" is saying, try to do some research on your own about such important topics before making any decisions.

Back
Top Bottom