نه خواهش می کنم این چه حرفیه برادر
ما رو چه به این جسارت های سخیف مآبانه؟
حالا نگفتی یاور چند سالشه، عمو جون؟

-2-28-.gif

@Daneshmand jesus i'm coming to US !

medscape-physician-salary-2012.jpg

300,000 dollars ? ARE U KIDDING ME ?

then they say the salaries in Iran is high o_O

It depends on three things: where you are, what is your specialty, and how good you are. In some areas, a family physician might make only 100 K, while specialties that are in demand can take even over a million eg. interventional radiology, orthopedic surgery, plastic etc. These figures look high to you, because Iran's economy is not doing well. Otherwise, even metro ticket sellers, auto-mechanics and truck drivers make over 100k easy in West.

Overall, these doctor salaries, are not astronomical. They are pretty much mid-range. A fresh software engineer worth his/her salt starts with over 100k nowadays. The highest salaries are actually that of charted accountants and competent lawyers. A good charted accountant can expect to take home millions of dollars. Doctors are by comparison living mediocre. Alot of stress, responsibility and almost continuous studies. The only thing which is abit different, from other fields, is a bit higher (just abit, certainly not alot) respect from general public.

Money-wise, medicine is not a good option. It takes a long time to become good at a specialty almost always when you are well into your 40's and 50's and still you will be making less than a 22 year old software kid at Google. If I have any advice for kids who are making decision regarding their occupation (13-20 year olds), I would urge them to follow what they truly love. They should disregard money. As for you, if you want to take up things in US, you must start preparing for USMLE. To increase your chances, you will need to aim for 99 (at least on step I and II). It is not easy. But it is do-able.

Back
Top Bottom