What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Got rid of your car yet? Do you even need a car in NYC? Don't most people just take a cab around?

Yeah bro, I bought the GTR last week. I live very close to work and I usually don't drive to work. But I like driving, I prefer to drive in highways! Streets of NY are not the place for a performance car!

PICS motherfucker, piccccs. How dare you buy the Godzilla and not post pics.
Ok man, I will take a pic, but I'm very paranoid about these things because I don't want to accidentally reveal my whereabouts and identity. Because the car that I bought already stands out, as the previous owner has done some major work on it. But I will take some pictures and post them here ;)

It has 5k miles on it, which is very good for me ;)

Ok man, I will take a pic, but I'm very paranoid about these things because I don't want to accidentally reveal my whereabouts and identity. Because the car that I bought already stands out, as the previous owner has done some major work on it. But I will take some pictures and post them here ;)

It has 5k miles on it, which is very good for me ;)
Congrats dude. Not thinking of buying an apartment? Went straight for the car? lol

I wanna get an m235i, but I keep holding back for an apartment. That's the logical first buy. In the US I could get fantastic deals on an almost new m2 or m4, but here in Canada the used market is tiny. Have to hold on till next year. I'll probably get a sport bike instead.

That GTR is gonna have some serious resale value later on if they discontinue it. Take good care of it. I don't like the look, but that car has some serious fan boy following, as you know already.

Congrats dude. Not thinking of buying an apartment? Went straight for the car? lol

I wanna get an m235i, but I keep holding back for an apartment. That's the logical first buy. In the US I could get fantastic deals on an almost new m2 or m4, but here in Canada the used market is tiny. Have to hold on till next year. I'll probably get a sport bike instead.

That GTR is gonna have some serious resale value later on if they discontinue it. Take good care of it. I don't like the look, but that car has some serious fan boy following, as you know already.

I still don't know if I want to buy a property in the US, if so I would prefer to pay at least half of the total price as down payment, this car I could get rid of the next year if I want to, but apartment requires long-term commitment!

That's a good car man! You could come to U.S. buy it and take it there, I think it'll be cheaper for you!

Hahaha, yeah I agree. I would buy a "work car" if I actually used a car to go to work, but I usually just walk to work. It's about one mile walk, not too bad!

akha een mashin jadid irankhodro vaghean zibast b nazaram .

een male ye bande khodast tou khoozestan :

up265991424771827_IMG_7685.JPG

up14801424771829_IMG_7683.JPG

up250821424771829_IMG_7684.JPG

akha een mashin jadid irankhodro vaghean zibast b nazaram .

een male ye bande khodast tou khoozestan :

up265991424771827_IMG_7685.JPG

up14801424771829_IMG_7683.JPG

up250821424771829_IMG_7684.JPG
How much is it going for? It looks nice, but it can't compete outside Iran if it's more than 15,000 dollars. Certainly looks nice though. What was the model again? I remember they introduced the damn thing half a decade ago. Forgot the name.

How much is it going for? It looks nice, but it can't compete outside Iran if it's more than 15,000 dollars. Certainly looks nice though. What was the model again? I remember they introduced the damn thing half a decade ago. Forgot the name.
42 million tomans ~ 14-15 thousand dollars .

Its name is Dena . They are going to export the shizzam outta of it

I still don't know if I want to buy a property in the US, if so I would prefer to pay at least half of the total price as down payment, this car I could get rid of the next year if I want to, but apartment requires long-term commitment!

That's a good car man! You could come to U.S. buy it and take it there, I think it'll be cheaper for you!

Hahaha, yeah I agree. I would buy a "work car" if I actually used a car to go to work, but I usually just walk to work. It's about one mile walk, not too bad!
I know what you mean. But where else are you gonna be living in the long-term? Plus, you can buy a place, save on not having to pay rent and if you want to move somewhere else in 2 years time, just rent it out and have somebody pay your mortgage.

Why 50%? Calculate the service cost on a mortgage based on 25% and do the same for 50%. Write down the difference. Then calculate how long it'll take you to save up that extra 25% (to go from 25 down to 50 down). In that time period calculate how much rent you'd have to pay and how much you lose on appreciation. Compare it to the number you wrote down previously. It might be smarter to buy on 20-25%. You might also wanna take advantage of the low interest rates. The feds might increase the rates. American GDP will grow by more than 3% this year and an interest rate increase might be in the books.

42 million tomans ~ 14-15 thousand dollars .

Its name is Dena . They are going to export the shizzam outta of it
That remains to be seen. Technically, cars today are light years ahead of what was being produced in the 90's and 2000's and Dena is still 90's tech. 15K is Iran's price. If they wanna export it, they have to add another 5K on top, minimum (creating points of sale in foreign countries, advertising costs, foreign exchange costs, transportation and other misc. costs). At 20-25K, Dena isn't competitive.

Some examples of the competition, all of which are better (MSRP means manufacturers suggested price and you can often negotiate it down and get it for less):

Nissan Versa: 11,600 MSRP
Ford Fiesta: 13,200 MSRP
Kia Rio: 13,600 MSRP
Suzuki SX4: 14000 MSRP
Chevrolet Sonic, Hyundai Accent etc... all under 15K

A Volks Wagon Golf starts at 20,000 dollars!! VW Golf is light years ahead of Dena in every department, even the exterior paint is miles better.

It's a great looking car, but it won't be a hit in foreign markets like you think. Iraq will import some probably and some more will go to the usual markets. But nothing crazy. Price is too high, quality is too low.

But nothing crazy.
i donno .

They intend to export lots of them according to officials . the destinations include Latin-america , russia , belarus , some african countries , iraq , ......

i have not drived the car , hence i cannot comment on its quality .

Its from samand family and they turned out to be high quality cars in contrast to shitty saipa company

i donno .

They intend to export lots of them according to officials . the destinations include Latin-america , russia , belarus , some african countries , iraq , ......

i have not drived the car , hence i cannot comment on its quality .

Its from samand family and they turned out to be high quality cars in contrast to shitty saipa company
They're not high quality though, Samand or otherwise. They're acceptable, but not good. Why would a Russian buy this over a East Asian model that's probably even cheaper and certainly better. It's not just about the quality either. It's also about the technology. These days cars are so jam-packed with tech it's crazy. The reason IKCO was exporting cars to Venezuela was because the Venezuelan govt had a self imposed embargo of some sort. Belarus is a tiny market, but they might sell there. Russians have more choice though. In Iraq, Iranian cars have a very awful reputation. They're considered deathmobiles and they're mostly reserved for cheap taxis and the very poor. I don't think the middle class in Iraq will pay 20K or more for a car made in Iran (bad image).

-------------------------------------

Just checked the details of the car. Even 15K is too much for this thing. 10,000 dollars is even too much.

Side airbags are OPTIONAL! What?! lmao
All models are manual gearbox?! WTF
In the list of features, it says ABS is included in all models as if that's an actual feature. It's like mentioning that a car comes included with a seat belt. Plus, you can't sell a car without ABS, it's illegal.

Price is 16K to 24K and I think that's the Iranian price. A BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 starts below 30,000 in the US!

Price is 16K to 24K and I think that's the Iranian price. A BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 starts below 30,000 in the US!

Mate, our government trying to create an ingenious car for the nation... recently they said... if we make an gas/diesel engined car,we can't compete in the global market as other players reduced their cost to ridiculous amounts. We are too late to enter the market and make a name for ourselves.

So they decided to make a extended range,electrical-hybrid car. Details are not known at the moment.

Point is, it's almost impossible to compete against other car makers, if you are a new-comer.

Mate, our government trying to create an ingenious car for the nation... recently they said... if we make an gas/diesel engined car,we can't compete in the global market as other players reduced their cost to ridiculous amounts. We are too late to enter the market and make a name for ourselves.

So they decided to make a extended range,electrical-hybrid car. Details are not known at the moment.

Point is, it's almost impossible to compete against other car makers, if you are a new-comer.
Exactly. The best thing to do is compete in industries that are profitable. I'm sometimes shocked at how cheap cars are these days and how well made they are. If I'm not wrong, Hyundai models in North America come with a 10 year warranty!!! 10 year bumper to bumper warranty on a car that costs 15K and is better than a 50K car that was being sold not even a decade ago.

The margins are ridiculous these days. Turkey is a massive steel producer (I've seen Turkish steel here on some job sites even) and labor is cheaper than the rest of Europe. There are some advantages, but not enough to make production profitable. Maybe in niche areas like heavy machinery, investment would go a lot further.

About the price , well that 15000 $ is ridiculous .they are just claiming that because they can .
I don't forget several years ago when SAIPA sold Pride for 6000-7000$ in Iran they asked just about 1/3th of that amount in foreign markets . something like 2000-2500 $ and the cars which were sold outside of Iran were a lot better than the ones which were sold inside Iran.

Niche marketing ! :agree:

Back
Top Bottom