What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I used to have a Muslim Georgian shopkeeper next to my apartment building in NYC. He would fix shoes and also watches. Very funny guy
Dude, how come you used to have so many shoe fixer shop keepers with different kind of nationality and religions next to your apartment in NYC, were you living in an octagonal shape apartment there? :lol: , am kidding bro.

Dude, how come you used to have so many shoe fixer shop keepers with different kind of nationality and religions next to your apartment in NYC, were you living in an octagonal shape apartment there? :lol: , am kidding bro.

I was living in the upper East side in Manhattan at the time. Even that guy's shoe fixer shop was worth millions in terms of property.

I was kidding also :))
p.s Have you any idea how credible is gifttoiran com or any other Canadian based delivery services ?
sorry bro for asking it so many times but it's matter of life and death for me :D

yeah armenians are often very stingy people then it come to money :D

Not just money. I had an Armenian friend, and I told him I saw his sister with a guy. He knew about it but started cursing me and try to fight me once when he was drunk. I told him that I don't want to fight you, I just told you the truth. He kept getting close to me, until I got angry. I grabbed him and said, listen, you are drunk. I can kill you with one punch right now, but I will never touch you because we were friends. From now on, we are not friends, leave me alone.

I was kidding also )
p.s Have you any idea how credible is gifttoiran com or any other Canadian based delivery services ?
sorry bro for asking it so many times but it's matter of life and death for me
:tup:
Sorry dude, as I have no idea, I can't make any comment on those service providers.
But what kinda gift are you gonna buy, if it is a low price, with high spiritual value one like a single red rose or something like that, I would be glad to do the favor on your behalf. no need for money transfer I mean.

Last edited:
:tup:
Sorry dude, as I have no idea, I can't make any comment on those service providers.
But what kinda gift are you gonna buy, if it is a low price, with high spiritual value one like a single red rose or something like that, I would be glad to do the favor on your behalf. no need for money transfer I mean.
Thank you bro but it's little bit expensive.
maybe someone here knows a way :confused:

Are you a Georgian?
No Credit card is accepted in Iran. Basically there is no credit card in Iran. They just work with cash and debit cards.
If you want to post something from Georgia, directly to Iran, you need to ask DHL(it has branches in Iran), and such international posts to do it for you. FedEx does not have any branch in Iran.
If you want to buy the gift from Iranian internet shops, you need to have debit card from an Iranian bank and also be able to read farsi, since their websites only work with farsi language
vaghean maskharast. man khodam mikhastam parsal ye forooshgahe interneti bezanam bara iraniayi ke kharej az keshvaran va gahiam tourista ke mikhan zafaroono pesteo injor chiza bekharan vali hamejoore be moshkel khordam.albate emkane ijade hesab bod vali moshkel in bod ke nemitoonestam bardasht konam mage inke hardafe beram emarat ya torkiye :D ye rahe dige ham be zehnam omad ke ba oon poole dakhele hesab kharid konam biad iran befroosham ya ye arze dige bahash bekharam biad inja exchange konam ke harchi hesab kardam didam aslan nemisarfeo vaghte mobadeleye kala be kala ro ham nadaram kolan gheydesho zadam.hala hameye ina be kenar chejori bayad mojavez migereftam ro khoda danad :D

Yes I am Georgian.thanks.Yes,I want to buy from Iranian internet shops but unfortunately no Iranian bank exists here in Georgia. :/ What can I do ?

We have topics from Georgia and Azerbaijan cooperations in our section, and your presence would be appreciated ;)
Well, to be honest, there are not much options for you.
1) You either need to buy it in Georgia and use DHL post, which then you need to pay for post which is not cheap.
2) ask some other Iranian to buy it for you, then reimburse the money to them using some international exchange currency companies.
3) ask some exchange currency company to do the transaction for you in Iran, although I am not sure if all currency exchange companies do this stuff.

Has anyone any experience with Canadian/ American based gifts delivery services? How credible are they ?
Well I have used them to send gifts from USA and Europe to USA, and Europe, and they worked fine. But, they won't work for Iran ;)

The most logical, intellectual, wise and safe solution would be for you to post me the money, then me buying the gift and post it to your desired address on your behalf.

:smokin:
Another option is you take the money, and don't buy the gift :lol:

sorry bro but I never trust Georgians living outside of Georgia if he/she isn't my relative :D
He was kidding bro ;) He is persian ;)

I like Georgians, but I HATE Armenians. And this not due to religion or friendship with Turks. I had many bad experiences with Armenians.

Georgians are really good and friendly people. Joseph Stalin was something else, though. :lol:

Last edited:
We have topics from Georgia and Azerbaijan cooperations in our section, and your presence would be appreciated ;)
Well, to be honest, there are not much options for you.
1) You either need to buy it in Georgia and use DHL post, which then you need to pay for post which is not cheap.
2) ask some other Iranian to buy it for you, then reimburse the money to them using some international exchange currency companies.
3) ask some exchange currency company to do the transaction for you in Iran, although I am not sure if all currency exchange companies do this stuff.
Thanks for help.
well I don't care about price in this case, but seems I have to send another type of gifts :cry: much better than nothing anyway :D

About Tarof (Taarof), an Iranian tradition :D

============================================
اخبار ایران : ما خوبیم :D

Last edited:
About Tarof (Taarof), an Iranian tradition :D
I thought this is some common Asian tradition. :D

I think the door situation is universal. In UK it's considered polite to let women, older people and disabled people to go before you when board a bus/train or even when going through a door.

Last edited:
of course but this was iranian version :D most of eastern countries have their own taarofs .from korea and japan to saudi arabia. what are your ceremonies?
Did you mean traditions? If so, sharing food with whoever near you, giving up chairs for elders/teachers, taking off shoes before entering a house, say bye for about 20 times before leaving a family friend's/relative's house :lol: , speaking with a lower tone with elders etc. etc.

As for the ceremonies, Sri Lankan people mainly celebrate Sri Lankan new year, Buddha's birthday, Christmas.

Did you mean traditions? If so, sharing food with whoever near you, giving up chairs for elders/teachers, taking off shoes before entering a house, say bye for about 20 times before leaving a family friend's/relative's house , speaking with a lower tone with elders etc. etc.
As for the ceremonies, Sri Lankan people mainly celebrate Sri Lankan new year, Buddha's birthday, Christmas.
exactly the same in iran :lol: some of these traditions are moralistic but some are just kind of exaggeration or lying. you hate someone inside your heart and you act like that you love that guy.just forget all traditions and punch him in the face :lol:
They celebrate Christmas?or just the new year of AD ? i ask cuz i heard majority of Sri Lankans are Buddhist.

exactly the same in iran :lol: some of these traditions are moralistic but some are just kind of exaggeration or lying. you hate someone inside your heart and you act like that you love that guy.just forget all traditions and punch him in the face :lol:
They celebrate Christmas?or just the new year of AD ? i ask cuz i heard majority of Sri Lankans are Buddhist.
It's true. You have to be even nice to the person you hate most. :lol:

Majority are Buddhist but Christmas is one of the major celebrations. In Christmas times there are festivals organised in schools, there are concerts, people decorate their houses and gardens with lights, buy Christmas trees etc. People are mostly chilled out and will try to have some fun in every possible occasion. For example, if you celebrate your new year there, a lot of people will join you to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom