ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Iranian Arabs
عرب إيران
عربان ايرانی

Iran+Ethnic+Map.gif

The founder of the Hashshashin which derives from the Arabic حشاشين‎ and basically means assassin was also an Arab. Hassan-i Sabbah - a Nizari Ismaili missionary of presumed Yemenite origin.

Hassan-i Sabbah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are about 1.5-2 million Iranian Arabs but millions of Iranians have Arab ancestors down the line. Especially the clergy and obviously all the Sadah families. Apparently the very own Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's mother is a Sayyida.

Arab Shia Ulema
After the conquest, Ismail began transforming the religious landscape of Iran by imposing Twelver Shiism on the populace. Since most of the population embraced Sunni Islam and since an educated version of Shiism was scarce in Iran at the time, Ismail imported a new Shia Ulema corps from traditional Shiite centers of the Arabic speaking lands, such asJabal Amil (of Southern Lebanon), Bahrain and Southern Iraq in order to create a state clergy. Ismail offered them land and money in return for loyalty. These scholars taught the doctrine of Twelver Shiism and made it accessible to the population and energetically encouraged conversion to Shiism.[32][35][36][37] To emphasize how scarce Twelver Shiism was then to be found in Iran, a chronicler tells us that only one Shia text could be found in Ismail’s capital Tabriz.[38] Thus it is questionable whether Ismail and his followers could have succeeded in forcing a whole people to adopt a new faith without the support of the Arab Shiite scholars.[34] The rulers of Safavid Persia also invited these foreign Shiite religious scholars to their court in order to provide legitimacy for their own rule over Persia.[39]
Abbas I of Persia, during his reign, also imported more Arab Shia Ulema to Iran, built religious institutions for them, including many Madrasahs (religious schools) and successfully persuaded them to participate in the government, which they had shunned in the past (following the Hidden imam doctrine).[40]
Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here below is a list of Iranian Arabs:

List of Iranian Arabs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an interesting insight into the Arabs of Khorasan region that came during the Arab Muslim conquest of Iran approximately 1400 years ago and a few centuries after that event. They speak an ancient Arab dialect.

In the eastern parts of Iran, in Khorasan on the borders of Afghanistan, there has been an Arab population since the Islamic conquest up to the present day. In summer 1996, I recorded samples of this extraordinary and ancient Arabic dialect on tape.

Photos from the ancient Arab village Khalaf about 150 km northeast of the city Birjand:

1zx5xu1.jpg

28slgf9.jpg

o6gp4h.jpg

Ulrich Seeger The Arabic Dialect of Khorasan

@Hussein a thread for you.

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Oscar @Jungibaaz @Manticore @Aether please make sure that no trolling will be tolerated by any party. Purely educational and to show that Arabs and Iranians in reality can live together. Just like Persians/Lurs are living in the Arab world (Arabian Peninsula).

My mother is as well, but I never think of myself as Arab. In fact I am not sure how accurate a lot of people claiming to be Seyyed is.

Anyway nice thread, if it can remove troll free.

I found out that I have some Persian blood in me as well. Even some of the relatives of Hasan ibn Ali (ra) which is the progenitor of the Ashraf's were partially Persian through marriage. At least most of the lineages. Don't remember the genealogy but it can be found easily. Some in recent times when it comes to the Sharif's of Makkah as well although it is hard to know what ethic group they belonged to.

My mother is as well, but I never think of myself as Arab. In fact I am not sure how accurate a lot of people claiming to be Seyyed is.

Anyway nice thread, if it can remove troll free.
Every single religious Iranian figure loves to associate themselves with the House of the Prophet. Unless being exposed by his fellow Mullahs.

Iran's current secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, Ali Shamkhani, is Iranian-Arab as well.

Those r my cousins, not of the peninsula Shia hating.

Troll. Basically all of them hail from the Arabian Peninsula originally. Those in Khorasan and those in the Southern provinces and the majority of them in Ahwaz. Although there obviously have been intermarriages.

Anyway the first troll arrived as feared @SinaG .

I found out that I have some Persian blood in me as well. Even some of the relatives of Hasan ibn Ali (ra) which is the progenitor of the Ashraf's were partially Persian through marriage. At least most of the lineages. Don't remember the genealogy but it can be found easily. Some in recent times when it comes to the Sharif's of Makkah as well although it is hard to know what ethic group they belonged to.

How come you have Persian Blood? How do you know I mean?

Lol. Sayidas and Seyeds are not Arabs.

Their lineage is Arab. But obviously they are mixed today. But a lot of the Iranian clergy came from the Arab world during the Safavids. That is well documented and well-known. Read my link. Plenty of sources.

Troll. Basically all of them hail from the Arabian Peninsula originally. Those in Khorasan and those in the Southern provinces and the majority of them in Ahwaz. Although there obviously have been intermarriages.

Anyway the first troll arrived as feared @SinaG .

I don’t know why you don’t argue with Yzd, he stated it, I want to see you both argue about it.

Their lineage is Arab. But obviously they are mixed today. But a lot of the Iranian clergy came from the Arab world during the Safavids. That is well documented and well-known. Read my link. Plenty of sources.

I know, but this title is nothing but symbolic. Even the Turkic Safavids called themselves family members of the prophet. It was all about status, rather than genuine lineage.

Back
Top Bottom