What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

don't you think Gamma has a different shape?!!!
67N6E-Gamma-DE-RLS-3AS.jpg

Well possible that the acquisition of the L-band Gamma-DE was the starting point for Irans S-band AESA/ESA from Najm-802 to Hafez and all the later developments. On the software/algorithm side it was quite advanced.
Russian S-band Gamma-S is not confirmed to be an AESA (like also the Iranian radars i mentioned), but it was also developed on the basis of the Gamma-D. Like Iran, Russians too concentrated on S-band variants and didn't go for numbers of L-band AESAs.

The mid-2000 Gamma-DE as basis for the sudden Iranian jump in ESA radars sure is an explanation.

any idea about missile and launcher and guiding of missile
launcher seems like small truck
@PeeD

Obviously some sort of MANPADS, exact type not identifiable from the video because of the (I presume, intentional), blurred section showing the truck.
these two Picture are from launcher
it looks like pick up

xjonqne.jpg

y4Pxf6L.jpg
crccQb

and it looks missile directly hit MQ-9
ASzCM2H.jpg

YKVyRmk.jpg

MQ-9 would normally never fly low enough to be engaged by MANPADs. The ejection motor would hint to a MANPAD and less to something like the 9th Herz. This is also size wise the case.

Maybe Iran provided a modified high altitude RBS-70 from its old stocks, if it has ever received them. But as Iran is not really providing arms directly, there are some Chinese MANPAD based SAMs in the black market that could reach out to 6-8km altitude.

IMHO to many noise and smoke for MANPADS. More likely it's small short-range system like Strela-1\Strela-10 etc. And the silhouette on the video is similar to such vehicle with raised missile containers

I hope they add mobile versions of the Mesbah & Samavat for every TEL to protect against low flying aircraft, UAV or cruise missiles & increase the distance between each TEL, Radar,.... to at least 500 meters apart so they don't become easy targets for cluster munitions

Turkey and Saudis are getting S-400 Systems.
Iran should call Putin and order also some S-400 batteries.
And please dont tell me Iran dont need them, because they are working on B-373.
S-400 is noticeable ahead + it has Anti Balistic capabilities.
Integrate them into the existing S-300 PMU-2/B-373/Sayyad... systems
Carry on with domestical systems as always, especially with SHORAD (short range AD) systems, they are way more important...
Maybe purchase newst Buk-M3 + Pantsir S2 system also..

Carry on with domestical systems as always, especially with SHORAD (short range AD) systems, they are way more important...

They are just rumors nothing is certain. People are always talking doesn't mean they will sell anything. Their are alot of politcal factors at play. Turkey S-400 probably won't happen cause they just ran into roadblock because they asked for production capabilities. You can't assume these sales will be made as soon as you hear on the internet.

Nothing is certain: https://sputniknews.com/military/201710091058067859-kremlin-turkey-s400-technology/

Maybe turkey will make the wheels and Russia everything else Imao if deal goes through.

Maybe purchase newst Buk-M3 + Pantsir S2 system also..
Question is not whether we need S-400 or not, Question is what we can do with € 2 billion if we invest it on our domestic air defense R&D and productions.

Hmm I guess the value of 2 billion € invested in Iran actually is equal of 2 to 3 times multiplier since in Iran everything is cheaper . So in Russia it is 2 billion €, in Iran it is 4 to 6 billion € and in this case 1=/=1 it is
1=2 or 3

If I had to spend any huge amount of investment I would ask for some ToT any kind of ToT is good just to make up for some research without having to invest in R&D for the same thing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom