What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

makes sense, in fact i don t know if there is a viable system to know if a target is being burnt by the laser on that distances.

The US tested a laser in an airplane for to shoot down missiles

As far as i understood the problems there are the air density/humidity/weather and the atoms/electrons of the air itself. The more the target is away, the more often photons collide with the electrons/atoms of the air. And that do a big loss in energy to the laser. Cause the laser has not just kick the electrons out of their way. It first have to transfer a specific amount of energy to make the electrons "moveable" and then additional the energy for the move. Haha, as far as i understand ^^. There are some thoughts to send a specific frequency electromagnetic wave like a tunnel first, to stimulate the electrons of the air atoms to an amount of energy, and through that tunnel the laser beam then lost less energy to the electrons/atoms of the air. Sounds some kind of logic, but i cant prove it to you.

makes sense, in fact i don t know if there is a viable system to know if a target is being burnt by the laser on that distances.

Well, if it goes down then it was burned. The aiming will be difficult, maybe a combo out of sat, radar and electro optical.

Well, if it goes down then it was burned. The aiming will be difficult, maybe a combo out of sat, radar and electro optical.

Yes, i really refer to the aiming, i think you ll need some time of energy application to down war planes, these are in motion, and you need a control system. I see this can be complex, many factors invovled, attenuations, difraction,...

Yes, i really refer to the aiming, i think you ll need some time of energy application to down war planes, these are in motion, and you need a control system. I see this can be complex, many factors invovled, attenuations, difraction,...
It depends on the power of the laser. Missiles do not have any armor, just some layers of composite. So a laser only needs 2-3 seconds (edit: or less if enough energy) to "breach" the composite layers and destroy the missile. And yes, if you combine different "aiming-systems" what are lots, maybe hundreds of kilometers, apart from another, e.g. sat, then it will be very complex to get the first aiming point of the missile, but if its a ballistic missile, you only need 2 points of the flying curve to have all others and aiming then goes only to timepoints on the ballistic curve. Glide vehicles and manoeverable CMs will be much more difficult. Whereas me think for the latter electro optics are more succsessful

Last edited:
Here a vid of the old trails from 10 years ago. As far as i remember it was a fiber laser with 10 kw energy. For successful in time and result against all RAM threats it is said at least 100 kw is needed. And against missiles hundreds kilometers away me think 2+ MW is needed

Very interesting.

Iran must be capable to have this mature implemented, and must rush to launch satellites for laser defence, things are going to this approach fast-

Protective shield against small birds

During the Defense Industry Achievements Exhibition organized by the Ministry of Defense, a replica of a disruptive system was observed, which showed that this system has the ability to create a defense cover and umbrella at a distance of 500 meters against micro-birds by using disruption and jamming.
1/2
Yesterday, during the pictures released from the army's electronic warfare exercise, this system was seen in the army's possession, which shows that the above system is operational. According to the nature of this system, whose name is still unknown, by being present in the training area, it had the task of creating a strong cover against small birds.
2/2

If someone attach explosives to a bird (a real bird) with a camera under it, with a system that allows the operator on the camera to release the explosives exactly when the bird is flying above the target, how could it lock on the bird or the explosive mid-air?

Worse, this could be done by swarm of migrating birds, someone make a farm of birds

Same thing, attach explosive on the birds feet with a system that allows the operator to release the explosive while the birds are above the target

How could they make the birds migrate exactly on the direction of the target (nuclear plant or factory for example)? By analyzing the same birds migration path with non-bomber birds, this is possible to determine in advance where the birds will be heading to

Situation:
All the birds have let's say 200grams of explosives each. The bird flock can reach up to 1000 birds at once
Let's say the bird flock is 500 armed birds with 200gr of explosive on their feet, being all releasing once the birds are above the targets

This makes 100kg of explosives on the target area for a flock of 500 birds
For a flock of 1000, 200kg of explosives in total

Simple pigeon found in any streets in Iran:
Paloma_bravía_(Columba_livia),_Palacio_de_Nymphenburg,_Múnich,_Alemania01.JPG

Good weight and endurance enough to carry 200gram of explosive

https://www.fws.gov/waterfowlsurveys/forms/counting.jsp?menu=counting

A 10 million swarm of bird makes 2000tons of explosives. This is enough to destroy any city or area in the world.

If someone attach explosives to a bird (a real bird) with a camera under it, with a system that allows the operator on the camera to release the explosives exactly when the bird is flying above the target, how could it lock on the bird or the explosive mid-air?

Worse, this could be done by swarm of migrating birds, someone make a farm of birds

Same thing, attach explosive on the birds feet with a system that allows the operator to release the explosive while the birds are above the target

How could they make the birds migrate exactly on the direction of the target (nuclear plant or factory for example)? By analyzing the same birds migration path with non-bomber birds, this is possible to determine in advance where the birds will be heading to

Situation:
All the birds have let's say 200grams of explosives each. The bird flock can reach up to 1000 birds at once
Let's say the bird flock is 500 armed birds with 200gr of explosive on their feet, being all releasing once the birds are above the targets

This makes 100kg of explosives on the target area for a flock of 500 birds
For a flock of 1000, 200kg of explosives in total

Simple pigeon found in any streets in Iran:
View attachment 948857
Good weight and endurance enough to carry 200gram of explosive

https://www.fws.gov/waterfowlsurveys/forms/counting.jsp?menu=counting

A 10 million swarm of bird makes 2000tons of explosives. This is enough to destroy any city or area in the world.

Dude what. It’s a loss in translation. By bird they mean small and micro drones.

No one is seriously trying to weaponize ACTUAL pigeons. Espionage is one thing. Making bird like drones has already been done (even as small as dragonfly size by intelligence agencies).

Iran is the dominant air defense power in the region, claiming that the country has the best and most advanced defense equipment in the world especially in the field of electronic warfare.

Brigadier General Alireza Sabahifard

This did not react too much on this forum and yet it is a great advance
369933590_631440509130203_5749513536850089350_n.jpg
369942341_631440422463545_6593855516848315487_n.jpg

straight out of the propaganda playbook. you take this stuff seriously? :disagree:
Propaganda is propaganda, this is the Iran section, no one is going to come out and say "Propaganda our air defense is the worst of the planet our country is the worst" or "Look haha our commander says we have the best air defenses in the region what an idiot Iran has the worst in the region"

And meanwhile you relayed the Israeli hasbara with the terrorist in Cyprus, and when designated as hasbara you said that we are saying that all news from them is hasbara and that we should take it seriously instead of blaming everything on propaganda, which was indeed a ridiculous propaganda piece of real life movie

Propaganda is propaganda, this is the Iran section, no one is going to come out and say "Propaganda our air defense is the worst of the planet our country is the worst" or "Look haha our commander says we have the best air defenses in the region what an idiot Iran has the worst in the region"

And meanwhile you relayed the Israeli hasbara with the terrorist in Cyprus, and when designated as hasbara you said that we are saying that all news from them is hasbara and that we should take it seriously instead of blaming everything on propaganda, which was indeed a ridiculous propaganda piece of real life movie
grandiose propaganda claims that iran has the best AD in the world are not helpful and will continue to be called out, and you can cry about it, as you do on a daily basis

grandiose propaganda claims that iran has the best AD in the world are not helpful and will continue to be called out, and you can cry about it, as you do on a daily basis
I said propaganda is propaganda, but we rarely hear from the concerned side "Our country is crap and they dont want to admit it using propaganda" beside from sold out people, you are spread hasbara and took it seriously like anyone would care here. There is no doubt Iran is in the top 5 air defense in the world, but not even on paper, with multiple shoot down at its active. Add a little to this and this is called propaganda.

You sound like an American debating about Iran military on Youtube comment section

Now tell us a single time after 2011 where a foreign aircraft crossed Iran airspace freely and got back or has failed to get shot down?

- Iran is the dominant air defense power in the region, want it or not just like your American counterparts having a hard time to accept it and even says by themselves they have lost air supremacy in the region

RQ-170, jammed, grounded and reversed

MQ-X, Iran has a collection of their remains

Israeli drones? Iran also has a massive collection of their remains

From Baku, PG, Iraqi border, not a single enemy asset crossed the borders without facing the ultimate consequence, even if Iran is threatened of war at a weekly basis

They got to the point of citing anonymous Kuwaiti sources that an F-35 stood two hours above Tehran doing acrobatics.

Now the others, United States and Israel, the masters of propaganda about their military capabilities, this is not even worth talking about, an embassy that can be targeted at any time, a controversial "top system" by the names of Patriot and THAAD with countless excuses, there is no need to talk about the other one, Poland, a nato country, lets an Ukrainian drone cross its border and crashes into Poland border

Now the facts are said, Iran is logically in the top 5 at least of the best AD in the world like it or not.

Same persons in 2019 that were saying Iran had Saddam scuds and plastic mock up photoshop drones and copies of BUK as air defense

Now we know to which side you belong, crying belong to losers.

And this is specially people like you that will continue getting called out once something real happens just like the others got shut their mouths in the past decade

Back
Top Bottom