What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Leave it to the Americans to find an even more expensive way to destroy a subsonic slow moving target.

Stupid for Iran to adopt.
well Iran already has a less expensive supersonics version that travels at mach 3-4 that worked very well in Syria.

1599491767418.png

1599491802201.png

1599491841652.png

Breaking news : Iran will soon unveil a new air defense system more advance then Bavar - 373

View attachment 667562

فرمانده منطقه پدافند هوایی شمال‌غرب: سامانه موشکی برد بلند باور۳۷۳ ‌در مدار عملیاتی قرار گرفت / سامانه‌های انهد‌امی پیشرفته‌تر ‌رونمایی خواهد شد‌

It may be very interesting !!

high-altitude hostile drone was destroyed with an optimized Shalamcheh missile.

In this part of the exercise, the hostile bird, which was flying at a high speed and high altitude and intended to enter the general area of the exercise while having a very small radar cross section, was discovered by Khatam al-Anbiya (PBUH) and handed over to the indigenous defense system of the army's air defense force in order to intercept and destroy it, which was shot down by the successful firing of an optimized Shalamche surface-to-air missile.

1599722269013.png

And people like @AmirPatriot and @Blue In Green said it’s too difficult for Iran to build Air bases inside mountains.

Clearly with missile cities and now air defense cities, the capability is there and may already be under construction for future use.

(Apologies, but you pissed me off this time)

"people like" -- idk @TheImmortal what are we 'like' exactly?

Last time I checked Amir was a well respected member of this forum whose opinions are highly cherished and his rebuttal to your original position was a sound and fair one (that stills stand FYI). I don't know about you though, you seem a little too high and mighty off of your own ego sometimes (I mean this respectively btw). But go on thinking you're always right about whatever it is you comment about, it is what you're best at after all.

Also man, we were clearly talking about AIR BASES not air "defense" bases. But go ahead and try to get a one-up on Amir and I. Your suggestion is still as egregious as it was the first time you purposed it and will still be moving on forward.

Last edited:
(Apologies, but you pissed me off this time)

"people like" -- idk @TheImmortal what are we 'like' exactly?

Last time I checked Amir was a well respected member of this forum whose opinions are highly cherished and his rebuttal to your original position was a sound and fair one (that stills stand FYI). I don't know about you though, you seem a little too high and mighty off of your own ego sometimes (I mean this respectively btw). But go on thinking you're always right about whatever it is you comment about, it is what you're best at after all.

Also man, we were clearly talking about AIR BASES not air "defense" bases. But go ahead and try to get a one-up on Amir and I. Your suggestion is still as egregious as it was the first time you purposed it and will still be moving on forward.

You should probably learn reading comprehension. As the term “like” in the my sentence is referencing to specific examples of the word “people” in order to illustrate the subject of my sentence which is people who don’t agree with feasibility of mountain air bases.

Here is another sentence using similar sentence structure:

“And cars LIKE Mercedes and Lexus are known for their luxury vehicles.”

In this case Mercedes and Lexus are the examples for the word car used to illustrate the subject of the sentence which is cars that are known as luxury vehicles.

Shame you jump to erroneous conclusions based on your misinterpretation.

Moving on, both you and the other user cited costs (among other things) of building a mountain base for Air Force as the basis of your counter argument. And you can now see that they have done it for air defense. So cost is clearly not the Prohibitive factor you make it out to be if Iran has moved to include another branch of the military in its mountain city protection scheme.

Lastly, your underestimation of the complexity of having a radar air defense command center underground and underneath a mountain is flawed. Simply know that establishing reliable data feed and communications Network that can work underneath THAT much earth is very impressive and no easy matter.

Much more impressive in my opinion than a bunker that can house Air Force planes that many countries have built since the 1950’s.

And people like @AmirPatriot and @Blue In Green said it’s too difficult for Iran to build Air bases inside mountains.

Clearly with missile cities and now air defense cities, the capability is there and may already be under construction for future use.

We saw this command centre months ago and my response to your underground airbase proposal was made with full knowledge of it. This does not change my stance. We have discussed the matter extensively and I am not going to continue it.

Back
Top Bottom