What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iran's Oghab (Eagle) mobile short-range air defense system is undergoing final trials ahead of delivery.

The Oghab combined short to medium range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon system is designed to counter low flying targets especially cruise missiles.

According to Deputy Commander of Air Defense Forces, Gen. Alireza Elhami the system design has some similarities in design to the Tor missile system.

View attachment 576019

this is how the iranian version looks like?
I think this is a chinese Pantsir copy...

this is how the iranian version looks like?
I think this is a chinese Pantsir copy...
absolutely not ! HELLO ????

The Chinese Pantsir
LD 2000.jpg

[QUOTE = "SpiritOfPersia, post: 11727811, membre: 196697"] Veuillez vous abstenir de publier des informations erronées. Ce système de missile est un système chinois connu sous le nom de:
Système de défense antiaérien courte / moyenne portée FK-1000

FK-1000_short_medium_range_air_defense_system_CASIC_China_Chinese_defense_industry_Zhuhai_AirShow_China_640_001.jpg
[/CITATION]
I am wrong, but I am not the only one to be deceived because it is an Iranian military page about it. And this Chinese system does not appear in the list of the very good military blog that I run ...I am very surprised that the page in question is posted this...Sorry....

The Oghab system will lack AAA akin to the layout I described as an next gen. solution.

That's good news for VLS layout because a static turret-less design allows more missiles while a turret design (needed for AAA) needs either the VLS system or the radar on that turret which is not compact to realize.
A dedicated AAA vehicle sounds like the best solution.
A supersystem, very large and on a Zafar or Zoljanah truck with missile and AAA may be realized in future.
For now its a missile-only system and hopefully a next generation one like the Russian Morfy system. Range should not exceed 18km for economical reasons.

[QUOTE = "SpiritOfPersia, post: 11727811, membre: 196697"] Veuillez vous abstenir de publier des informations erronées. Ce système de missile est un système chinois connu sous le nom de:
Système de défense antiaérien courte / moyenne portée FK-1000

FK-1000_short_medium_range_air_defense_system_CASIC_China_Chinese_defense_industry_Zhuhai_AirShow_China_640_001.jpg
[/CITATION]
I am wrong, but I am not the only one to be deceived because it is an Iranian military page about it. And this Chinese system does not appear in the list of the very good military blog that I run ...I am very surprised that the page in question is posted this...Sorry....

Iran Military had put " * File photo" at the end of the caption

It was also said that although similar to TOR-M1 it is not a copy of it.
To me it sounds like the VLS-cold start und thurster directing features will come from the TOR-M1 and the missile hopefully from the high speed Pantsir.

It is quire obvious how a next gen. system should look like:
42S6-Morpheus.gif

Like the below one but without a expensive 4 x fixed array layout but a rotating one like above one.

It was also said that although similar to TOR-M1 it is not a copy of it.
To me it sounds like the VLS-cold start und thurster directing features will come from the TOR-M1 and the missile hopefully from the high speed Pantsir.

It is quire obvious how a next gen. system should look like:
42S6-Morpheus.gif

Like the below one but without a expensive 4 x fixed array layout but a rotating one like above one.

wouldn't this design sacrifice firing in motion?

Why should the below concept with the VLS on-truck?

Well maybe im misinterpreting the two in the picture. I saw it as a same system but two different mode: transportation mode and launch mode. I thought the top configuration is for firing and not moving (the launchers are unfolded) while the bottom configuration is for moving and not firing. In the top configuration, there is barely any ground clearance under the VLS flatbed/tray.

One could imagine an alter Mesbah system that could have an improved Pirooz system or an improved Rapier that sits between the guns in its center. Several configurations can be imagined
1888715_1708103499408207_6087895890150785248_n.jpg
17098402_1888944524657436_5320578696072328677_n.jpg
1779720_1450274448524448_495489002_n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom