What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

As expected: Guiding a SARH Taer-2 to 105km is not possible against fighter-size targets with the 3rd Khordad array.
Hence the 105km Taer-2 has an active radar seeker, the first one of Iran's SAMs.
I'm personally not a fried of ARH SAMs: expensive and more prone to ECM than SARH/SAGG.
On the other hand it gives 3rd Khordads a very wide reach for a system of that size.

As expected: Guiding a SARH Taer-2 to 105km is not possible against fighter-size targets with the 3rd Khordad array.
Hence the 105km Taer-2 has an active radar seeker, the first one of Iran's SAMs.
I'm personally not a fried of ARH SAMs: expensive and more prone to ECM than SARH/SAGG.
On the other hand it gives 3rd Khordads a very wide reach for a system of that size.

@PeeD could you please break this down. How did you reach this conclusion. Was there an detail that has recently surfaced?

Mass producing these SAM systems should now be on top of Iran's agenda. We now know these systems are very effective, we just need to produce them in great numbers. Let's produce SAMs like we produce ballistic missiles!

Why we must attack them if they come near our border ?
Let them pass the border and then do what you like .

I did not mean we will shoot them necessarily. Even detecting them and locking on them will send a good message.

IMG_20190621_213803_430.jpg

@PeeD

Is the Bashir the main radar for the 3rd of Khordad or the AESA Najm radar the main search radar? I am surprised the Najm radar was not put on that poster.

Mass producing these SAM systems should now be on top of Iran's agenda. We now know these systems are very effective, we just need to produce them in great numbers. Let's produce SAMs like we produce ballistic missiles!

I did not mean we will shoot them necessarily. Even detecting them and locking on them will send a good message.

Good news is that it is already in serial production since some time.
Bad news is that its radar array is expensive, let me describe it briefly as X-band "non-monopulse" electronically steered array.
Here the Tabas system is significantly cheaper and I firmly believe that even the 15th Khordad is still cheaper than the 3rd Khordad.
However the 3rd Khordad is a real killer...

As shown a full battalion has 36 ready to fire missiles and 16 guidance channels. At a high threat first line a battalion can credibly protect a 200km circle and create a nightmare for the opponent.

The Najm series has a different role: Bashir radar was specially developed to support the long range 3rd Khordad.

That depends on selected method,there are more different methods used in different sitations,there is no need for 2 missiles against slow non maneuverable target...

There is no mystery, it is S-200 missile ...little different but not much

it's a new, more technological missile with a new function. Sorry to tell you but it's like that ... Do you have any other information about it? And I know it's missile of S-200 HELLO!:girl_wacko:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom