What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Some good and quite significant news from the Eghtedar 40 exhibition:
In the field of ESM we should soon see important developments.
Iran has already at least two generations of passive DF and triangulation systems, famous is the IRGC-ASF Alim mast mounted system.
But a new generation of assets is been developed:

An Avtobaza-M like system seems to add up to the Russian original and previous Iranian "passive radars".

The SPN-4-like Saeghe jammer will get a two companions, resembling the Krasukha-2 and Krasukha-4.

So the ELINT "passive radar" capability of the overall IADS will be further improved and in the fields of ground based jammers three potent will degrade enemy capabilities via soft means.

A high capability and serious IADS needs all those assets and Iran is working towards that.

If sayyad-4's range is anything less than 250km I would be suprised. S-300 missiles, although upgraded are still old. Given Iran's advancement in materials and solid fuel and the size of sayyad-4, a 200km range would surprise me. I would not be "upset", as 200km is still a good capability, but still. My bet is on a range between 250-300.
i knew it was 200km

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 12.07.15.png

is there any chance of Iran getting the S-400 or is it not going to happen because of the Bavar 373 development?

is there any chance of Iran getting the S-400 or is it not going to happen because of the Bavar 373 development?
I`d say theres none at all.
These days iran seems thoroughly committed to the development and production of indigenous air defence systems and all of their associated systems and hardware.Frankly it honestly wouldnt surprise me if the existing s300pmu2s that iran eventually received from the russians were either going to be phased out or passed on to the syrians once iran has enough bavar 373s in service to meet all of its long range ad needs.
Ironically all of this indigenous ad development was in no small measure brought about due to the complete political and economic unreliability of the russians during the s300 debacle,tho in truth this was merely the latest in a continuing long line of such behavior by the russians.
Ultimately this sort of stupid game playing by both the russians and the west achieved virtually nothing for them in the long term.

I`d say theres none at all.
These days iran seems thoroughly committed to the development and production of indigenous air defence systems and all of their associated systems and hardware.Frankly it honestly wouldnt surprise me if the existing s300pmu2s that iran eventually received from the russians were either going to be phased out or passed on to the syrians once iran has enough bavar 373s in service to meet all of its long range ad needs.
Ironically all of this indigenous ad development was in no small measure brought about due to the complete political and economic unreliability of the russians during the s300 debacle,tho in truth this was merely the latest in a continuing long line of such behavior by the russians.
Ultimately this sort of stupid game playing by both the russians and the west achieved virtually nothing for them in the long term.

Lol phase out an S-300? That’s a good one. Considering Iran still hasn’t phased out the S-200.

Iran will likely pass on S-400, but could be interest in S-500/S-600 as they are made to intercept BMs and Hypersonic vehicles.

Lol phase out an S-300? That’s a good one. Considering Iran still hasn’t phased out the S-200.

Iran will likely pass on S-400, but could be interest in S-500/S-600 as they are made to intercept BMs and Hypersonic vehicles.
Thats because at the moment the s200 is the sole long range sam system that iran has in service despite both its obvious age and the fact that the countermeasures to it have been available to the west for literally decades.I`ve little doubt that once iran has enough indigenous systems in service ie bavar,sayyad,mersad,raad etc.. both it and the remaining older legacy and post cold war systems will be retired,simply because the ability of the older systems are marginal,but that also in the case of the newer systems like the s300 one simply doesnt know what "optional extras" the russians may have installed without irans knowledge,not to mention of course that the west has access to the older models of the s300 right up to at least the pmu1 and will undoubtedly also acquire plenty of data on the s400 once the saudis and turks get theirs [eventually].Lastly theres also the basic well known unreliability of the russians when it comes to after market support and back up for their products,and one could also mention the rather shall we say "uninspiring" performance of the russian sams in syria,tho how much of that was actually due to the systems themselves versus the syrians competence is hard to discern.

Thats because at the moment the s200 is the sole long range sam system that iran has in service despite both its obvious age and the fact that the countermeasures to it have been available to the west for literally decades.I`ve little doubt that once iran has enough indigenous systems in service ie bavar,sayyad,mersad,raad etc.. both it and the remaining older legacy and post cold war systems will be retired,simply because the ability of the older systems are marginal,but that also in the case of the newer systems like the s300 one simply doesnt know what "optional extras" the russians may have installed without irans knowledge,not to mention of course that the west has access to the older models of the s300 right up to at least the pmu1 and will undoubtedly also acquire plenty of data on the s400 once the saudis and turks get theirs [eventually].Lastly theres also the basic well known unreliability of the russians when it comes to after market support and back up for their products,and one could also mention the rather shall we say "uninspiring" performance of the russian sams in syria,tho how much of that was actually due to the systems themselves versus the syrians competence is hard to discern.

Iran does not need S-400 and you will see why at the official presentation of Bavar-373. Iran is fully capable of making its own high-powered air defense systems .. FALSE, the S-200 system and the S-300PMU do not have the only long-range air defense system. The Talash system has also become a long-range system with its Sayyad3 missile

Bavar-373 is functionally ready (which is what really matters), they just have not revealed it fully yet. Look at Fateh submarine, Iran will not reveal these strategic systems until they have passed all their rigorous tests up to high standards. Bavar has passed all such tests and is very close to its fully unveil date.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom