What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Brother, this is the Sayyad 2/Talash.

139510081608425559566654.jpg

If you look at the surroundings, they are very similar to this photo.

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-28_13-11-5.png
    upload_2016-12-28_13-11-5.png
    480.8 KB · Views: 56
Are the war games over? pas in sayyad-3 va ofogh chi shod? mage gharar nabood neshooneshoon bedan?

Last edited:
Last edited:
we want B-373 missile launch!
looks like B-373 is still not ready...

How many drones were used as targets and how many were destroyed?

Also what is the maximum numher of targets that can be tracked with this system?

I think the Ofoq can be seen in this photo:

13951008001017_44445_PhotoL.jpg

This should be the replacement of the square pair illumination radar of the S-200. That huge static system was split in two as can be seen in the photo. Why using two radar dishes on two different trucks? Well as a FMCW system the transmitting and receiving dishes need to be separated by space or a physical divider like on the square pair. The Iranian solution eliminates the biggest weak point of the S-200, namely its static illumination radar that is prone to ARM attacks.
One other problem of the S-200 is its low agility of its mechanically steered illumination radar. The more modern smaller Iranian solution should hence have a good locking capability, even against agile fighter targets.
This overall S-200 system upgrade called Talash with its Ofoq mobile illumination radar has also a medium range missile, the Sayyad-2. A mobile long range survailance radar such as the 500km Matla ol Fajr 3 VHF-band radar could then be used as a mobile replacement for the static tall king radar of the S-200 making all its components except its long range SAM mobile.
What is missing is the large long range data-link dish of the square pair for this system explanation of mine.

I think the Ofoq can be seen in this photo:

13951008001017_44445_PhotoL.jpg

This should be the replacement of the square pair illumination radar of the S-200. That huge static system was split in two as can be seen in the photo. Why using two radar dishes on two different trucks? Well as a FMCW system the transmitting and receiving dishes need to be separated by space or a physical divider like on the square pair. The Iranian solution eliminates the biggest weak point of the S-200, namely its static illumination radar that is prone to ARM attacks.
One other problem of the S-200 is its low agility of its mechanically steered illumination radar. The more modern smaller Iranian solution should hence have a good locking capability, even against agile fighter targets.
This overall S-200 system upgrade called Talash with its Ofoq mobile illumination radar has also a medium range missile, the Sayyad-2. A mobile long range survailance radar such as the 500km Matla ol Fajr 3 VHF-band radar could then be used as a mobile replacement for the static tall king radar of the S-200 making all its components except its long range SAM mobile.
What is missing is the large long range data-link dish of the square pair for this system explanation of mine.

I thought the removed s-200 and replaced it with sayyad-3 missile. I thought that is what the final Talash system was. Why are they still using this big s-200 junk?

we want B-373 missile launch!
looks like B-373 is still not ready...

Apparently Iran's president has asked not to make the Bavar 373 tests public until it is capable of intercepting Ballistic Missiles. So they want the 1st public demonstration to be of a Ballistic Missile interception.

Back
Top Bottom