What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iran to Unveil New Missile Defense Shields in September

TEHRAN (FNA)- Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli announced that the country will unveil new missile defense systems early in September.
"Missile systems with the capability to stand against electronic warfare and mid-range and long-range radars will join the integrated air defense system on September 1," Esmayeeli said in the Northeastern city of Semnan on Thursday.

"The radar and missile defense systems will cover an important part of the country in the South and Southeast," he added.

Esmayeeli underlined that defensive depth is one of the main important feature of these systems, specially the long-range radar defense systems.

Esmayeeli announced in June that the country is able to meet all its needs in manufacturing air defense systems.

"We have been able to build all our needed (air defense) systems domestically," the senior commander told reporters in the Central province of Isfahan.

Noting that defending the Iranian airspace is a priority in the country's defensive doctrine, he said that increasing the number of air defense systems has always had a message of peace and friendship.

Also in April, Esmayeeli announced that Iran plans to add two new powerful missile defense systems into its integrated air defense network this year, including its own version of the Russian S-300 named Bavar 373.

"The long-range air defense missile system, Bavar (Belief) 373, will be built by the end of this (Iranian) year (which started on March 21) and will be deployed in specified regions," Esmayeeli told reporters in Tehran, referring to the Iranian version of the sophisticated Russian S-300 missile defense shield.

He also announced the country's plan to test mid and long-range Talash (Endeavor) missile system, and said, "The system will be brought into operation by the end of this year."

Warning that the most important threats posed to Iran are from the sky, Esmayeeli said if Yemen had enjoyed a powerful air defense, it would have been able to defend itself against the Saudi airstrikes and end the war on the very first day.
Farsnews

@rahi2357 @ResurgentIran @haman10 @scythian500 @2800 @mohsen @rmi5

You guys think we will see Talash-3 officially unveiled?:

ZHm5Ip1.jpg
wow... I have new info about this...I was about to share it with you yesterday but seems Ismaeili announced a part of it sooner! or maybe he is talking about something else!

Guys, there are two revolutionary updatess with regard to the new long range systems. Remember when I told you about a system IRCG and Khatam al Anbyah are working together on? That system has entered mass production and it has something you surprise about. I can not share everything I have heard about these systems but give you a hint.

You know one of tricks to detect the operation characteristics of an air defense system (its detection and guidance radar beams) is to fly a target close to them and then transfer receiving beams to computers to identify the air defense's A to Z.

New defense systems will have the capability to fight this trick and deceive those information-gatherer targets...

Previous Iranian missiles were capable of changing its route toward the jamming unit when attacked by a jamming unit whether it is on the fighter plane itself or a ground jamming unit. Now, a new system will be added to the missiles. This new system when attacked by a jammer, can deceive the jammer too and keep the missile on intended course.

wow... I have new info about this...I was about to share it with you yesterday but seems Ismaeili announced a part of it sooner! or maybe he is talking about something else!

Guys, there are two revolutionary updatess with regard to the new long range systems. Remember when I told you about a system IRCG and Khatam al Anbyah are working together on? That system has entered mass production and it has something you surprise about. I can not share everything I have heard about these systems but give you a hint.

You know one of tricks to detect the operation characteristics of an air defense system (its detection and guidance radar beams) is to fly a target close to them and then transfer receiving beams to computers to identify the air defense's A to Z.

New defense systems will have the capability to fight this trick and deceive those information-gatherer targets...

Previous Iranian missiles were capable of changing its route toward the jamming unit when attacked by a jamming unit whether it is on the fighter plane itself or a ground jamming unit. Now, a new system will be added to the missiles. This new system when attacked by a jammer, can deceive the jammer too and keep the missile on intended course.

Dadash, you are a star :D
Please promise you will not leave this forum or if you do you'll join IMF because you have no idea how much I like reading your informative posts :enjoy:

Dadash, you are a star :D
Please promise you will not leave this forum or if you do you'll join IMF because you have no idea how much I like reading your informative posts :enjoy:
ghorboonet dadash... Iran needs a year or two in order to become an impenetrable wall against modern threats. Although, the enemies systems are on progress every day too but Iran is also working hard to lower the gap.

Sanctions was a bless for Iran. I wish the leader keep doing what he is doing with regard to military and science. He is becoming a science and tech obsessed and I like it. These progress will stay for Iran, not matter who rule the country.

I have a friend in one of science and tech parks. He is an inventor and researcher in IT sector. He says things that if you knew, you could n't sleep for a week!! Just give you this assurance, that in couple of years, Iran will jump in military science and tech by times. I guess one of the reasons the leader accepted the deal was to give the young scientists of Iran more time and money to finish what they started. By 10 years from now, Iran will have more stakes to bring on the table and then can ask for more share in world.

They have very hawkish projects and with enough funds and time, Iran can become a real tech holder in military very soon.

ghorboonet dadash... Iran needs a year or two in order to become an impenetrable wall against modern threats. Although, the enemies systems are on progress every day too but Iran is also working hard to lower the gap.

Sanctions was a bless for Iran. I wish the leader keep doing what he is doing with regard to military and science. He is becoming a science and tech obsessed and I like it. These progress will stay for Iran, not matter who rule the country.

I have a friend in one of science and tech parks. He is an inventor and researcher in IT sector. He says things that if you knew, you could n't sleep for a week!! Just give you this assurance, that in couple of years, Iran will jump in military science and tech by times. I guess one of the reasons the leader accepted the deal was to give the young scientists of Iran more time and money to finish what they started. By 10 years from now, Iran will have more stakes to bring on the table and then can ask for more share in world.

They have very hawkish projects and with enough funds and time, Iran can become a real tech holder in military very soon.

You're welcome dadash.

I hope you are right and this great momentum Iran has gained in our science, technology and indigenous capability will not stop and speed up. I am really looking forward to seeing these new radar systems, what you said is a very important capability for those radars. It seems the radars they will unveil are the radar you talked about! This is because they seemed to emphasis on the electronic warfare capability!

Well they also promised to show B373 some months ago, all they show was a missile...

You're welcome dadash.

I hope you are right and this great momentum Iran has gained in our science, technology and indigenous capability will not stop and speed up. I am really looking forward to seeing these new radar systems, what you said is a very important capability for those radars. It seems the radars they will unveil are the radar you talked about! This is because they seemed to emphasis on the electronic warfare capability!

I somehow have my own links to the new science and tech parks. The main source of civilian and sometime military progress is more than 10000 private high tech companies who nearly 3000 of them are hosted by tech parks and others are active outside parks. There is a new wave of talented young scientists applying for the loans and government support to start their own high tech companies. These parks has strict orders from the leader. Even some of Ayatullah al Ozma's now promoting to direct religious founds directly to these parks. This is very promising. This is the movement should have started 2 decades ago. Late is better than never.

My friend who is an IT scientist gave me one example on how things are going. There was a guy (chemical engineer), he received private loans from banks to work on one of his inventions. He spent 100 million and later that he has the product he could n't pay his dept to the banks. A group of his friends started to share his invention with start-up investors in Europe. There were few offers to buy the whole product for $5 millions (best offer). Non of those investors were ready to do the production job in Iran. They wanted the whole package for a price. He is very hisbullahi so rejected those offers after a long thought.

He then went to the science and tech park council. They gave him a loan of $10m (in IRRs of course) to start his own factory with almost ZERO interest (%3). He finished the job last month. The council connected him to defense ministry. He now is on the verge of signing a contract with them to supply them with that glue that he invented.

The glue is thousands of time stronger, is in form of spray so can be applied to any surface. The glue also acts as one of the strongest sound/heat/cold and moisture isolation layer too.

He said, there is a new wave among inventors and researches to start their own high tech factories. This is the right way and it must be continuing forever. This is the key to success.

btw, when I talk to my friend about how far they are from the latest IT systems and software and so on, he claims that it is not that difficult and they can do whatever they are asked.

If I were in Rouhani's shoes, I would create a fix or increasing amount of like $5 billions to support existing and new high tech enterprises. There was a saying by an authority in tech parks, saying every dollar invested in these parks can return 200 times more...

I know possibly only one in ten graduates are high quality inventors or researchers but let's be honest, Iran has millions of graduates and hundreds of thousands join them every year. Even %10 of them are a huge number and can make a very big difference.

Will it be on same level as S300 PMU2?
based on latest news, it is equal to S-300 (not known which version but since Iran was after PMU-1 in 2007 it won't be lower than PMU-1) in some aspects and even stronger and smarter in other aspects. Let us wait another 7-9 month to see them in operation.

I somehow have my own links to the new science and tech parks. The main source of civilian and sometime military progress is more than 10000 private high tech companies who nearly 3000 of them are hosted by tech parks and others are active outside parks. There is a new wave of talented young scientists applying for the loans and government support to start their own high tech companies. These parks has strict orders from the leader. Even some of Ayatullah al Ozma's now promoting to direct religious founds directly to these parks. This is very promising. This is the movement should have started 2 decades ago. Late is better than never.

My friend who is an IT scientist gave me one example on how things are going. There was a guy (chemical engineer), he received private loans from banks to work on one of his inventions. He spent 100 million and later that he has the product he could n't pay his dept to the banks. A group of his friends started to share his invention with start-up investors in Europe. There were few offers to buy the whole product for $5 millions. Non of those investors were ready to do the production job in Iran. They wanted the whole package for a price. He is very hisbullahi so rejected those offers after a long thought.

He then went to the science and tech park council. They gave him a loan of $10m to start his own factory with almost ZERO interest (%3). He finished the job last month. The council connected him to defence minsitry. He know is on the verge of signing a contract with them to supply them with that glue that he invented.

The glue is thousands of time stronger, is in form of spray so can be applied to any surface. The glue also acts as one of the strongest sound/heat/cold and moisture isolation layer too.

He said, there is a new wave among inventors and researches to start their own high tech factories. This is the right way and it must be continuing forever. This is the key to success.

btw, when I talk to my friend about how far they are from the latest IT systems and software and so on, he claims that it is not that difficult and they can do whatever they are asked.

If I were in Rouhani's shoes, I would create a fix or increasing amount of like $5 billions to support existing and new high tech enterprises. There was a saying by an authority in tech parks, saying every dollar invested in these parks can return 200 times more...

I know one in ten graduates are high quality inventors or researchers but let's be honest, Iran has millions of graduates and hundreds of thousands join them every year. Even %10 of them are a huge number and can make a very big difference.

Thank you for writing this dadash. Very nice stories, makes me happy to hear such things.
Do you know anything about the state of micro processor in Iran? I understand this sector requires much funding, but we have very talented electrical engineers. I really want to see Iran make a semi conductor fab. This is a very strategic sector and if a country like Taiwan can be a hub for such a thing, I think there is no reason why Iran cannot at least reach a stage where we can design and produce our own chips. Electronic, computing and material science are sector I would invest heavily. We already know MAPNA is a good company and makes good turbines, so we're good in material science, so next stage needs to be materials for use in jet engines. Engine development is another sector which is extremely strategic both for military and non military. The recent engine company created by the Rahbar was a good sign. But sadly it seemed, it will not work on rocket engines for space launch vehicles. We need efficient liquid rocket engines. As I can see, engine sector is such an important sector that we need to invest heavily in it. I know there are many fields which need investment, but for me, engine and electronic need great attention as well. It feels to me, I could be wrong, but it feels that Iran did not give these fields much attention. Maybe it could have just been we did not have the money.

Thank you for writing this dadash. Very nice stories, makes me happy to hear such things.
Do you know anything about the state of micro processor in Iran? I understand this sector requires much funding, but we have very talented electrical engineers. I really want to see Iran make a semi conductor fab. This is a very strategic sector and if a country like Taiwan can be a hub for such a thing, I think there is no reason why Iran cannot at least reach a stage where we can design and produce our own chips. Electronic, computing and material science are sector I would invest heavily. We already know MAPNA is a good company and makes good turbines, so we're good in material science, so next stage needs to be materials for use in jet engines. Engine development is another sector which is extremely strategic both for military and non military. The recent engine company created by the Rahbar was a good sign. But sadly it seemed, it will not work on rocket engines for space launch vehicles. We need efficient liquid rocket engines. As I can see, engine sector is such a important sector that we need to invest heavily in it.
I don't know anything about Iranian activities on micro processors in general. I can ask my IT friend and come back to you. I think the importance of having local engines is long acclaimed by IRCG and Defense Ministry.

based on latest news, it is equal to S-300 (not known which version but since Iran was after PMU-1 in 2007 it won't be lower than PMU-1) in some aspects and even stronger and smarter in other aspects. Let us wait another 7-9 month to see them in operation.

ok i aksed you because i thought you have better informations due contacts to IRGC or whatever
thanks anyway

my friend, develop motor and quality Nanotechnology is not an easy thing it takes time and means, and I know that Iran is able and will succeed but the question is how long?

we must understand one thing is that we do not reinvent the wheel allon, we must not start from 0, the Chinese like Indian I start by already existing database, a Russian cooperation China and Iran will bring us much, if we develop a fighter and missing engine we could ask russia or china, it is not a problem but I do not pebnse we developper.donc a hunter you have to order and then continue search .

for if taiwan processor successful iran has all the luck in some Decenie we can easily exceed and become the world leader.

to return to the subject I am still waiting to see the bavar373 to the action, the S-300PMU1 obselete and would require minimum performance PMU2, but I think that Iran can negotiate the S-400 now because the embargo lifted and russia a mi S-400 on the walk, and my other country Algeria will receive the S-400, so a strategic cooperation between Russia and Iran can offer us advanced technology and Ultra weapon sophistication as the Su-t50 T-14Armata, submersibl lada, S-400 radar and NEBO.

I think if iran to a lot of expertise in the field, it could change the bavar373 to increase the capacity at the S-300 that Russia sold us, otherwise it will request the assistance of the Russian and Chinese to help us increase the capacity, it is not a shame to ask the person who owns the technology, because one day we will be powerful, if China will not have ask for help from russia to the engine and all Otherwise, China would never become powerful, beacoup him have his time, China uses Russian aircraft and engine biento it will use that Chinese engine, the Chinese HQ-9 and copied on the S-300, and iran can do the same to progress quickly.

I have no confidence on the US, it takes advantage of the end of emabrgo to arm themselves with high-tech weapons from Russia, I think especially the S-400, SU-35 and helicopter tours mid- 28 to fight daesh, helicopter tours as a mid-28 night fighter and paramount to have an advantage over the enemy.

رادار جدید پدافند هوایی 1000 کیلومتر بُرد خواهد داشت
Khatam Al-anbia air defense new radar will be with
range 1,000 km
01627aa14e37.jpg

فرمانده قرارگاه پدافند هوایی برد رادار جدید این قرارگاه را حدود هزار کیلومتر عنوان کرد و افزود: این یک رادار راهبردی است که در یکی از نقاط راهبردی کشور نصب و راه اندازی می شود.
خبرگزاری فارس: رادار جدید پدافند هوایی 1000 کیلومتر بُرد خواهد داشت

به گزارش گروه دفاعی خبرگزاری فارس، امیر فرزاد اسماعیلی فرمانده قرارگاه پدافند هوایی خاتم‌الانبیا(ص) طی روزهای اخیر از رونمایی جدیدترین رادار پدافندی در دهم شهریور ماه خبر داده بود.

وی امروز صبح نیز در حاشیه نماز عید سعید فطر، برد این رادار را حدود هزار کیلومتر عنوان کرد و افزود: این یک رادار راهبردی است که در یکی از نقاط راهبردی کشور نصب و راه اندازی می شود.

اسماعیلی خاطرنشان کرد: تعداد پروازهای عبوری از کشور از 900 فروند در دو سه ماه گذشته امروز به 1300 فروند در طول 24 ساعت شبانه روز رسیده که این نتیجه امنیت پایدار جمهوری اسلامی ایران است

امیر اسماعیلی: رادار جدید پدافند هوایی 1000 کیلومتر بُرد خواهد داشت

@scythian500

It seems this a new 1000km ranged radar. I am assuming it will be static and not mobile? It's range seems too big to be mobile.

My friend who is an IT scientist gave me one example on how things are going. There was a guy (chemical engineer), he received private loans from banks to work on one of his inventions. He spent 100 million and later that he has the product he could n't pay his dept to the banks. A group of his friends started to share his invention with start-up investors in Europe. There were few offers to buy the whole product for $5 millions (best offer). Non of those investors were ready to do the production job in Iran. They wanted the whole package for a price. He is very hisbullahi so rejected those offers after a long thought.

He then went to the science and tech park council. They gave him a loan of $10m (in IRRs of course) to start his own factory with almost ZERO interest (%3). He finished the job last month. The council connected him to defense ministry. He now is on the verge of signing a contract with them to supply them with that glue that he invented.

I know possibly only one in ten graduates are high quality inventors or researchers but let's be honest, Iran has millions of graduates and hundreds of thousands join them every year. Even %10 of them are a huge number and can make a very big difference.

Very nice post, I enjoy reading your posts. How can someone get in touch with these science parks. I like to be able to go back and do research or keep in touch with them from here. May be next time I visit Iran I can go to one of these parks and see their infrastructure.

Last edited:
This is good news, my friends, but I have to do a little off topic, excuse me.

I think that the agreement signed and a scam .... we must refused.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom