What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

3151059.jpg

@PeeD dear sir
Janes claims in its recent report that the missile of 9th-dey lacks the radio frequency-transparent nose cones. Is it true?
What is your idea about the seeker of this new missile?

Slightly annoys me that the 9th Dey missile doesn't have folding fins. Would allow for more densely packed launchers.

That may come for a VLS system. Its already compact but would get more compact, approaching the 16 missiles of Tor-M2.
Its currently empty nose can be use for thruster pivot system, which is needed for a VLS SR-SAM.

That may come for a VLS system. Its already compact but would get more compact, approaching the 16 missiles of Tor-M2.
Its currently empty nose can be use for thruster pivot system, which is needed for a VLS SR-SAM.
Are you also thinking cold launch like Tor as well? I'm far from an expert in this field but my instincts tell me that a cold launch should be a less accident prone system. The fault tree design should easier avoid possible disaster outcome. Although it seems to be an overall more complex system to master...
Slightly annoys me that the 9th Dey missile doesn't have folding fins. Would allow for more densely packed launchers.
It seems like this is very IRGC-ish to incrementally design and release new products. The test and fielding of their weapons is part of the product design process it seems. So basically for next generation it becomes more optimised and efficient, following field validation and evaluation etc

Are you also thinking cold launch like Tor as well? I'm far from an expert in this field but my instincts tell me that a cold launch should be a less accident prone system. The fault tree design should easier avoid possible disaster outcome. Although it seems to be an overall more complex system to master...

Yes this time cold launch is a must have, the central arrangement would make hot gas deflection to large in size.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom