What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Hold on...... the 15th of Khordad and Talash are not the same system?
They use both Sayyads 2 & 3 for sure and Talash might possibly use 4 and the future 5 because it is it's own system and testing platform for missiles that end up in other systems. I have seen pics of Talash with HAWK radars along some planar array radars along with mechanical dishes so I'm not sure what a complete Talash system even looks like. I think it also operates the mobile S-200s and at one time Sayyad 2 and the mobile S-200 were together in Talash and probably still are.

Last edited:
I see, It confused me because they look very similar.

They are similar.

Talash and Raad were one of the first modern Iranian missile systems that weren’t a refurbished hawk/S-200/etc.

Raad’s next gen upgrade became 3vome Khordad

Talash next gen upgrade became 15th Khordad.

Though one could also argue 15th Khordad is the cheaper more cost conscious cousin to 3vome. But it is based on the Talash foundation.

We should never forget the greatly improved S-200. I believe that Iran still has surprises in store for us on the subject. When you know a little about Iran's announcement process, you always have to expect surprises. In 2017, they showed us this different missile for the S-200
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...jpg

no, 15th of khordad is more advance but less mobile
Quite the contrary, 15th Khordad in one of the most compact & mobile systems out there for the engagement envelope. I believe there is just one all around planar array mounted to the command post vehicle for both search and engagement with two missile types. Very fine work by any metric.

They use both Sayyads 2 & 3 for sure and Talash might possibly use 4 and the future 5 because it is it's own system and testing platform for missiles that end undead up in other systems. I have seen pics of Talash with HAWK radars along some planar array radars along with mechanical dishes so I'm not sure what a complete Talash system even looks like. I think it also operates the mobile S-200s and at one time Sayyad 2 and the mobile S-200 were together in Talash and probably still are.

I don’t think Talash gets built anymore.

It is more than 7 years old. Not a whole reason to build Talash when 15th Khordad exists as well Kamin-2 for smaller objects in the medium air defense range.

I don’t think Talash gets built anymore.

It is more than 7 years old. Not a whole reason to build Talash when 15th Khordad exists as well Kamin-2 for smaller objects in the medium air defense range.
I'm not sure there was ever a production line for the eyetem (other than the Sayyad missiles) and it was more of an amalgram of equipment made mobile and as modern as possible such with the S-200 missiles. I think what is seen in war games is remnants of some of Iran's older systems made mobile and probably serving in wargames and training crews for the other systems until they phase out over time. I believe at one point it was a testing platform too and so much of it evolved into the other systems.
15thon the other hand is a terrific result that's well worth a production line.

Talash is mainly an upgrade for Iran's S-200 sites to e.g. allow for (more economical) mid-range engangements.

Raad’s next gen upgrade became 3vome Khordad
wrong

Raad is support vehicle to 3rd Kharadar, not upgrade, Third-Khordad with two Raad vehicle can launch 9 missile or with 3 Raad vehicle can launch 12 missile two missile for each target ( meaniang 6 target )

Third-Khordad can connect to ** Read vehicle wirelessly and launch missiles
or operator in Raad vehicle can put in target details manually or receive data from main radar bases and operator after confirmation launch missile toward target

wrong

Raad is support vehicle to 3rd Kharadar, not upgrade, Third-Khordad with two Raad vehicle can launch 9 missile or with 3 Raad vehicle can launch 12 missile two missile for each target ( meaniang 6 target )

Third-Khordad can connect to ** Read vehicle wirelessly and launch missiles
or operator in Raad vehicle can put in target details manually or receive data from main radar bases and operator after confirmation launch missile toward target
in your opinion, are Iranian Tor/Pantsir equivalents ready and compareable to russian ones?

Talash is mainly an upgrade for Iran's S-200 sites to e.g. allow for (more economical) mid-range engangements.
Most important was fully mobilising the missiles and getting them away from that massive radar they were attached to. They were also made to engage mid range targets to the astonishment of Russians when an S-200 shot down a karrar drone in a war game many years back, though I only read this, never seen footage of it. Afterwards, Sayyad 2 was introduced and first made to work with the Talash radar/fire control and then adapted to the other radar systems that would eventually go to 3rd, 15th Khordad, Bavar, etc.

Back
Top Bottom