What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I hope the speed of it missiles will improve

Missile 9M96E/9M96E2 (S-350) -> Mach 15
Missile 40N6E (S-400) -> Mach 14
for all it,s worth
we already have broken fuel and rocket moto technology and as we speak we already have up and running system equivalent Russia S-400 which much better the S-400 export version ( I mean with cold lacuch and round tube

Last edited:
So Iran has hypersonic missile! Convert it to hit ship, then Iran will be first country to field hypersonic anti ship missile!

Most long range ABM ADs systems use hypersonic missiles or else how would they intercept the opposing missile in time if they too slow to even reach it in time.

The term “hypersonic” is vague and starts at Mach 7-8 based on speed.

However the Hypersonic glide vehicles you hear about are something completely different. They don’t rely just on speed (which is usually much higher Mach 15-20).

They are also “stealthy” in their glide vehicle signature and they designed to “skip” or “glide” in the upper stages of the atmosphere thus allowing them to have a random flight path that can change while also using the skip to gain greater speed and distance.

With a TVC system Bavar-373 minimum range would be improved and its capability to attack low flying fast targets.

What many don't realize is that the motors of S-300 size missile burn only for 10-15 seconds. Only if there are unreported dual pulse variants that burn for a whole minute, the TVC system can support end-game turning capability.
Possible that non-export Russian variants and Bavar-373 enable TVC operation out to 200km.
Then I would agree that it is worth the extra cost, extra malfunction risk and reduced range due to vane drag.
But if it is only for CM interception capability, like at least in early S-300 variants, then I would be disappointed.
Now if a dual- or tri-pulse motor has been developed, that supplies sufficient gas pressure for TVC operation out to max. range, it means super-maneuverability against air targets and limited exo-atmospheric operation capability.

IMPORTANT: In an earlier (now deleted) tweet I misquoted Brig. General Sadegh Nejad, Advisor to the Defence Minister saying Bavar-373 had a maximum velocity of 2800 m/s. That was in fact the maximum target velocity. He did not state the missile velocity.

But it does have TVC.

Sorry for jumping the gun guys.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT: In an earlier (now deleted) tweet I misquoted Brig. General Sadegh Nejad, Advisor to the Defence Minister saying Bavar-373 had a maximum velocity of 2800 m/s. That was in fact the maximum target velocity. He did not state the missile velocity.

But it does have TVC.

Sorry for jumping the gun guys.
That's even better! It means Sayad 4 should be much faster.

"AmirPatriot"

But it does have TVC.

"AmirPatriot"

But it does have TVC.

any important highlights?

The Missile family of 9M96E/9M96E2 (S-350) are NOT mach 15, not even close. Where are you getting your info from?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/s-400-missiles.htm

for all it,s worth
we already have broken fuel and rocket moto technology and as we speak we already have up and running system equivalent Russia S-400 which much better the S-400 export version ( I mean with cold lacuch and round tube
good, very good, now lets chase the S-500
can we expect in near future potent short range AD systems similar to Pantsir/Tor?

As the general said, TVC is difficult tech. and used for initial alignment of the missile.
So it seems what we saw tested was a Sayyad-4B with TVC and changed strakes.
They did not show clear photos of it because its the operational system and probably due to the TVC details.

It seems that the initial idea of using Sayyad-4 only for ~80km+ targets have changed and now crossing CM targets at low ranges have become a requirement.

Back
Top Bottom