What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Still unknown if its a S-300 or a S-300 "equivalent" (B-373, 3rd Khordad....)

My personal opinion, Iran only has 4 S-300 PMU-2 systems, and every single one is indispensable, even for its most important allies, so I think it will be a "equivalent".

If this report is true, IDF will do its best to eliminate this system in Syria, so Iran should be very cautious (Hide it underground, change location on a daily basis...)

This is propaganda at it’s finest.

Iran doesn’t even have enough S-300’s to adequately cover Iran. But yet it’s going to risk its main air defense system and put it in Syria?

Seriously who believes this stuff

If iran has tolerated air strikes for nearly 8 years, it’s going to continue to tolerate it.

DnnCntQXsAAQhpm.jpg:large

Last edited:
Iran ordered 5 S-300 battalions...not 4 and as I see most people mix this as 5 S-300 systems(s-300 system doesn't even exist as organsiation unit..)....so it is five battalions but truth is no one knows how many Iran got...order was around 850$ millions ..one battalion can be defferently configured but it should include at least 4 S-300 batteries/fire units(one battery has 4 TELs) ..s-300 can be deployed at battery level without deploying battalion in full ..we don't know what Iran ordered exactlly but order include 5 battalions..not 4

In what sort of conflict would Saudi Arabia, Israel or the US use them? This isn't Syria.

It may not be Syria with cheap drones and such and used by insurgents or terrorists, but it will be more complex version of it.

Big news: The Mersad "HAWK" system is now a fully mobile system with a new mobile missile.

All main radar components, PAR and HPIR are now mobile.
Plus, the big news. A new mobile launcher with a new missile to replace the MIM-23/Shahin has been developed. It is from the outside basically a smaller Sayyad-2 launcher with 6 instead of 4 missiles! Means 3 launchers have the same number of ready to fire missiles as a full HAWK battery!

The range is probably the same as the MIM-23: 40km.

This basically means that the Mersad project can be continued, production line kept producing.

Thats the single biggest news of the parade.
I wonder whether this new missile is related to the Fakkur AAM or a miniaturized Sayyad-2/3.

Big news: The Mersad "HAWK" system is now a fully mobile system with a new mobile missile.

All main radar components, PAR and HPIR are now mobile.
Plus, the big news. A new mobile launcher with a new missile to replace the MIM-23/Shahin has been developed. It is from the outside basically a smaller Sayyad-2 launcher with 6 instead of 4 missiles! Means 3 launchers have the same number of ready to fire missiles as a full HAWK battery!

The range is probably the same as the MIM-23: 40km.

This basically means that the Mersad project can be continued, production line kept producing.

Thats the single biggest news of the parade.
I wonder whether this new missile is related to the Fakkur AAM or a miniaturized Sayyad-2/3.

Fantastic news! Any pics available?
Afaik they worked on the range of the Shalamche missile up to 60km

Nice truck systems but why is the gun manned....
It could be the precursor to the "Iranian pantsir".

Fantastic news! Any pics available?
Afaik they worked on the range of the Shalamche missile up to 60km

Yes its visible in Yavars video posted here.

Meanwhile I think it is the Kamin-2 missile from april from which no photo made it to the internet back then.

As for the flat truck for the 35mm gun: Quite much effort to develop it... The IRGC has the flat Raad truck... it i also fragile for something Pantsir like.

Just reduced 3 containers, like Sayyad-2 launchers have nowadays just 2 containers ar parades.

As it seems to be the Kamin-2 and was described as Mersads short range missile, something like 25km now seems a better estimate as well as its not a replacement for Shahin/Shalamcheh.

some new info announced in 31 Shahrivar parade:

3rd khordad ADS new specifications:
max range: 105km
max altitue:27km
simultaneous engagement of 4 targets with 8 missiles
(I wonder which missile they used for 105km range)

Tabas ADS
max range:75km
max altitue:27km
simultaneous guide of 2 missiles, with 9 seconds launch intervals

Bashir radar
Max range:300km
max altitude: 30km

Matla-ul-fajr radar
Max range: 500km
max altitude: 32km

Yes its visible in Yavars video posted here.

Meanwhile I think it is the Kamin-2 missile from april from which no photo made it to the internet back then.

As for the flat truck for the 35mm gun: Quite much effort to develop it... The IRGC has the flat Raad truck... it i also fragile for something Pantsir like.
Kamin is the name of a Mobile variant of Mersad ADS, and they did show it:
n82889793-72292387.jpg

and since they said Kamin2 is a low altitude ADS, probably it doesn't include some radars.

announcer one again reminded that Talash is missile system (not air defense system) as a complement to S-200.

That in the photo is the Ghader mobile HAWK.
The Kamin-2 is a missile system probably 30% smaller than a Sayyad-2 and based on the Sayyad-2 family, maybe Fakkur related.

As a low range element of the Sayyad-2 family, it certainly is guided by the radars of the Mersad system albeit it probably does not have a seeker, as this would be too expensive for such a lower tier system.

Now the Sayyad family has following make up:

1- Kamin-2 low range (<40km), low-mid altitude
2- Sayyad-2 mid range (70km), high altitude
3- Sayyad-3 long range (120km), high altitude
4- Sayyad-4 ling range (200km), high altitude

Looks good. Just a very long range (>300km), a SHORAD (<20km) and specialized ABM variant are lacking.

Back
Top Bottom