What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Wonder if this missile is for Sale :o: would not mind getting few battalions for testing and evaluation

We were also checking out some options for High Altitude engagements

Last edited:
iranian scientists are supposed to be the best in the world.what they have achieved is remarkable but arab iran proxy is not over.arabs should accept iran as a force in this region and move on.arabs friendly ties with israel and america is not good for the region.i think saudia arab better start making their own weapons rather than dancing with trump with swords in their hands.i mean it was terrible!

The funniest part is that Israel says that Iran has only 100 of these missiles .Shahab 3 has only 300 missiles.:cheers:

I can not wait until the next year for it to be operational so we can see missiles that are being fired from it.

It's not a secret that we are looking for influence from Tehran to the Mediterranean. Just as the Iranian leader says that Israel needs to be destroyed in 25 year, without war and from inside, this is why it will be a 25 year plan.

The reason they probably claim that Iran only has 300 is because even Shahab-3's are expensive to make. Maybe other people know more information but looking at this equation in Fleemans tactical missile design book.

upload_2017-11-8_16-41-45.png

Can we predict the price of a shahab-3 would be roughly: (assuming launch weight of W_L = 40000lbs)

C_1000 = 6100 (40,000)^0.758 = $18.7 mil? Which is very expensive.

The model is meant to predict the price of a missile by calculating the average cost of the 1000th missile.
Page 286.

Is the model somewhat accurate or am i just retarded?

Wonder if this missile is for Sale :o: would not mind getting few battalions for testing and evaluation

We were also checking out some options for High Altitude engagements

I think in 2023 Iran can sell this but I do not think Iran will sell it to other countries before developing more sophisticated systems like bavar 373.

iranian scientists are supposed to be the best in the world.what they have achieved is remarkable but arab iran proxy is not over.arabs should accept iran as a force in this region and move on.arabs friendly ties with israel and america is not good for the region.i think saudia arab better start making their own weapons rather than dancing with trump with swords in their hands.i mean it was terrible!

Iran has a lot of knowledge that has been gained by the Iranians, such as being the first in the field of surgery and cancer treatment. But there are too many limitations on Iran, such as financial and restrictions on access to information and discoveries and materials from other countries, and restrictions in cooperation with more advanced countries. If Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries invest in Iran, they will do much to help themselves and the Middle East.

The reason they probably claim that Iran only has 300 is because even Shahab-3's are expensive to make. Maybe other people know more information but looking at this equation in Fleemans tactical missile design book.

View attachment 435815

Can we predict the price of a shahab-3 would be roughly: (assuming launch weight of W_L = 40000lbs)

The model is meant to predict the price of a missile by calculating the average cost of the 1000th missile.
Page 286.

In the same year that the Shahab 3 rocket was introduced, the cost of making each missile was said to be 1 million and 250 thousand dollars. Iran is rich in wealth and, as one American financial expert states, Iran's spending in missiles and in Syria and Iraq, and Lebanon and North Korea, and countries in South America, and in yemen and in groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah, in one year = One year defense spending of the US.

View attachment 435815

Page 286.

No way. No way at all. Look at arms transfer databases and reports for Saddam buying Russian scuds in the 70s and you'll see it is nowhere near $18 million.

No way. No way at all. Look at arms transfer databases and reports for Saddam buying Russian scuds in the 70s and you'll see it is nowhere near $18 million.

I figured that would be way to expensive. I'd expect a simple shahab-3 to be around 1-3 million $. That probably sounds about right.

Iran air defence improved but not game-changing, analysts say

So much for the incredible air forces of the monkey sub-humans. The article states Iran can strike UAE in under three minutes.

If Iran had received the longer-range 48N6E2 missile - which has not been confirmed - the missiles used by the upgraded S-300PMU2 system could have a range of 200km, and the radars have a range of 300km, Jane’s reported. This would allow Iran to monitor from Bushehr, air traffic over parts of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq, it said.

The air force capabilities of the GCC, US and Israel are far superior to Iran’s and have until now outmatched the country's outdated air defences. But the S-300’s are a significant improvement that could, to some extent, deter air operations against Iran by its adversaries, according to analysts.

Iran has built up its own so-called “retaliatory deterrence” through its vast ballistic missile network that can launch from land and sea and can reach the UAE in under three minutes. It is designed to overwhelm GCC and US missile defences through its sheer numbers.

Crucially, Iran’s precision guidance technology has evolved significantly in recent years, as demonstrated by recent tests that have drawn new US sanctions, making the Iranian missile threat even more acute, especially to the smaller Gulf countries whose critical infrastructure is concentrated geographically.

If Iran were able to develop effective air defences to guard against advanced aircraft and cruise missiles, Washington and its regional partners would have to redraw their strategic calculations.

The S-300’s Iran now possesses already erode the conventional military edge held by Tehran’s adversaries. “It helped Iran reduce but not fully overcome its technological gap with other advanced nations such as Israel,” Mr Martinez said.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/me...d-but-not-game-changing-analysts-say-1.624475

Iran air defence improved but not game-changing, analysts say

So much for the incredible air forces of the monkey sub-humans. The article states Iran can strike UAE in under three minutes.

If Iran had received the longer-range 48N6E2 missile - which has not been confirmed - the missiles used by the upgraded S-300PMU2 system could have a range of 200km, and the radars have a range of 300km, Jane’s reported. This would allow Iran to monitor from Bushehr, air traffic over parts of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq, it said.

The air force capabilities of the GCC, US and Israel are far superior to Iran’s and have until now outmatched the country's outdated air defences. But the S-300’s are a significant improvement that could, to some extent, deter air operations against Iran by its adversaries, according to analysts.

Iran has built up its own so-called “retaliatory deterrence” through its vast ballistic missile network that can launch from land and sea and can reach the UAE in under three minutes. It is designed to overwhelm GCC and US missile defences through its sheer numbers.

Crucially, Iran’s precision guidance technology has evolved significantly in recent years, as demonstrated by recent tests that have drawn new US sanctions, making the Iranian missile threat even more acute, especially to the smaller Gulf countries whose critical infrastructure is concentrated geographically.

If Iran were able to develop effective air defences to guard against advanced aircraft and cruise missiles, Washington and its regional partners would have to redraw their strategic calculations.

The S-300’s Iran now possesses already erode the conventional military edge held by Tehran’s adversaries. “It helped Iran reduce but not fully overcome its technological gap with other advanced nations such as Israel,” Mr Martinez said.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/me...d-but-not-game-changing-analysts-say-1.624475
There is literally a picture floating about on the internet showing 48N6E2 written on one of the missiles or its canisters... can't find it again tho.

There is literally a picture floating about on the internet showing 48N6E2 written on one of the missiles or its canisters... can't find it again tho.

Can't wait for Bavar-373. I'm thinking by end of nowruz we should for sure see something if not earlier.

Last year Mashregh published this one:
2091685_886.jpg

So now we can say they got E2.

Back
Top Bottom