What's new

Iran Withdraws Funding to Pakistan for Gas Pipeline Project

1)This is what happens when you have a bankrupt economy. This is sad but true.

2)GDP of Iran is $514 billion with less than 40% of the population of Pakistan having GDP of $240 billion. Money talks and it is the hard reality.

@haman10 ,@rmi5 ,I have heard that pakistan will pay penalties(according to agreement) if it fails to construct pipeline on time,what happened to that?

well go on then , listen to turkey , ksa , ....

we dont need any of you guys :D

specially pakistan !! lol :lol:

anyhow , i still think the people has nothing to do with this !!

we still love pakistani people

We need your gas not your country.

If Iran was unable to honor the deal, it shouldn't have offered the funding to begin with.

There will be alternative funding for IP. Or an alternative pipeline from Tajikistan ...plus we are signing a deal with Qatar.

Pakistan will find its energy supply with or without Iran.

@haman10 ,@rmi5 ,I have heard that pakistan will pay penalties(according to agreement) if it fails to construct pipeline on time,what happened to that?

That's true, as far as I remember, they will need to pay about 2 billion $s if they break the deal.

Are you on drugs?

Its YOUR country backing down AFTER a funding deal was reached.

I can also safely say that your country has not honored its commitment scumming to India.
and wat about pakistan guv.'s commitment to build the pipeline from their side ??...

well its not on you anymore !! if you know what i mean ;)'

;) thats why i said we

nothing to do with you at all ;)

if you go off topic then we have a lot to speak about when it comes to usa ;) you know what i'm sayin ?
did i say it has anything to do with us;)

it impacts everyone :D

enough pakistan-iran fight for now :(

thats really the last thing we want , but see , when it comes to logical discussion ,

pakistan didnt act cool at all .

Panelties claws have been 'taken out' in yesterday's meeting. At worst the project will be delayed not scrapped.

That's true, as far as I remember, they will need to pay about 2 billion $s if they break the deal.
Well then forget about it.....:lol::lol:
what option Iran has if pakistan refuses to pay penalties?

Good! make the pipeline yourself, atleast on our side, It is a little surprising because Iran will recieve Billions of dollars from sanction relief so something is fishy

@Developereo

'discussions were ongoing on the
option of importing liquefied natural gas from
Qatar to help meet Pakistan's energy needs.'

and then there's always the alternatives.

I am not concerned either way.

My only comment on this pipeline is that if the Iranian gas was priced exorbitantly, as claimed, then it was a bad deal to start with. Some clown in Pakistan got his bribe long ago and left us holding the bag.

Regardless of US pressure or anything else, Pakistan should proceed (self-funding if need be) only if the arrangement makes financial sense. If not, chalk it up to 'temporary insanity' and move on.

Iran-Pakistan relations will flourish despite temporary hurdles.

did i say it has anything to do with us
it impacts everyone

my dear sister , with all due respect , a lot of things have an impact on neighbors !!

even if nawaz gets a flue it effects the neighbors !! as an example we always were worried about us drone attacks on pakistan soil . but you dont care !! what should i say ?

Back
Top Bottom