What's new

Iran Withdraws Funding to Pakistan for Gas Pipeline Project

Iran and India are already working on a sea based pipeline, and an Indian company has completed pre research on the project. you guys put American's order before your national interests, good for you.

Are you on drugs?

Its YOUR country backing down AFTER a funding deal was reached.

I can also safely say that your country has not honored its commitment scumming to India.

so funny !! so are implying that because we were under sanctions we needed your money ? i mean really ?

our economy madam was under sanctions for 35yrs . it still is under the harshest sanction ever pun on any country !! i repeat the harshest ever . but still , we are strong enough not to be dependent on your money !!! i mean your economy is not even comparable to ours with all due respect

u say usa had threatened you not to go on with the project , its YOUR problem not ours !!! YOU re the one in need of our oil ! and plus we have been threatened with MILITARY ACTION for 35yrs . its no even comparable to that of yours .

all i'm trying to say is we cannot afford to lend u more money on this project . does this make us the bad guy ??? lol :D

no such thing , we just agreed to not fight for 6 month . some are jealous .

rose up ? what the heck does that even mean ? just because we DONT WANT TO LEND YOU MORE MONEY ?

gimme a break .

Its not about money. NVM.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Do you even know what are you talking about?
The pipeline in Iranian side is already built. Pakistan is the one who has not done anything.
and you are saying that Iran is the unreliable one?!!!!
what kinda logic is this?!!!

The pipeline was built to provide gas to 'your own' provinces NOT specifically for Pakistan.

under sea tak non state actors ja sakty hai ;) jo mumbay ja sakty hain wo under sea bhi...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:enjoy:

If they are foolish enough to ruin your fishing zone and paint your coast line with black stuff. :disagree:

@Developereo

'discussions were ongoing on the
option of importing liquefied natural gas from
Qatar to help meet Pakistan's energy needs.'

and then there's always the alternatives.

i was replying to your misconception that i was talking about if Iran needed money.

exactly !! god bless you madam .

we dont need the money and yet we have finished the pipeline .

now its your turn to do the exact same thing instead of crying why we dont pay you to build it !!!

and then there's always the alternatives.

after all these yrs go on with any alternative you want pal :lol::lol:

fist pay the compensation then do what suits yo :tup:

exactly !! god bless you madam .

we dont need the money and yet we have finished the pipeline .

now its your turn to do the exact same thing instead of crying why we dont pay you to build it !!!

:tup:
surely when it suits us we will ;)

for time being your deal with US has faced some hitch

Iran withdraws $500 mil funding offer to Pakistan for gas pipeline project

Karachi (Platts)--13Dec2013/517 am EST/1017 GMT

Iran has said that it would not be able to finance the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project, Pakistan's Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Shahid Khaqan Abbasi told reporters on Thursday evening.

Following his visit to Tehran over December 8-9, Abbasi said Iran expressed its inability to provide the funding it had offered earlier in two tranches of $250 million each to build Pakistan's portion of the gas pipeline.

"However, we are committed and will make the IP gas pipeline," Abbasi said, adding that Iran was ready to supply the gas once the pipeline is completed. Iran has already invested $2 billion to build its part of the pipeline.

Pakistan, however, is finding it tough to find the funding for its part of the pipeline due to US sanctions against Iran which makes financiers and contractors wary of joining the project.

Iran withdraws $500 mil funding offer to Pakistan for gas pipeline project - Natural Gas | Platts News Article & Story

''The United States has been threatening Pakistan with economic sanctions if Islamabad goes ahead
with the pipeline project.''

Iranian press

The pipeline was built to provide gas to 'your own' provinces NOT specifically for Pakistan.

The pipeline is designed to deliver gas for a different amount of gas. our province only has only 2 million population and designing and expenses of building a pipeline for it, would be a lot different from building a pipeline which is designed for a country like pakistan with hundreds of millions population.

Back
Top Bottom