What's new

Iran wins Freestyle Wrestling World Cup 2013 title

I know that all Iranians serve fried tomato with the chelo kebab, but some also serve an onion cut in half, sometimes fried.

Is that a regional thing?

Actually the half cut onnion is missing on the plate...it is surely a standard side kick...btw, I noticed Tzatziki is missing in the pic aswell..

Congratulations Iran for winning Freestyle Wrestling world cup :cheers:

India is also doing good in Wrestling.

Too bad Olympic committee removed wrestling from the list instead they are promoting indoor skill games :crazy:

we serve onion cut in half :D

Well, you know what I meant.

Actually the half cut onnion is missing on the plate...it is surely a standard side kick...btw, I noticed Tzatziki is missing in the pic aswell..

Cool.

Btw, I have found that sumac on cheese sauce on pasta tastes brilliant!

Anyway, congrats on the wrestling win.

Cool.

Btw, I have found that sumac on cheese sauce on pasta tastes brilliant!

Anyway, congrats on the wrestling win.

Sumac on cheese sauce with pasta sounds interesting...I will try it out! :)

Thanks for your kind wishes!

Is tzatziki cucumber sauce? had it in Greek food, love it.

Is tzatziki cucumber sauce? had it in Greek food, love it.

Tzatziki (Anglicised: pron.: /zɑːdˈziːki/; Greek: τζατζίκι [dzaˈdzici] or [dʒaˈdʒici]; Turkish: cacık [dʒaˈdʒɯk]; Albanian: xaxiq[citation needed] ; Persian: ماست و خیار‎) is a Greek appetizer, also used as a sauce for souvlaki and gyros. Tzatziki is made of strained yogurt (usually from sheep or goat milk) mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, and sometimes lemon juice, and dill or mint or parsley.

Tzatziki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I recently saw street fighting at an undisclosed location here. There is a full on underground scene happening. Very brutal. Very addictive. Sometimes it is over in seconds. Blood spraying everywhere.

people forgot to add Greco-Roman style . Iran got second place in the world after Russia however we didn't use our 1st team .

1077227-1981860.jpg

1077227-1981859.jpg

1077227-1981857.jpg

1077227-1981851.jpg

1077227-1981844.jpg

1077227-1981835.jpg

1077227-1981838.jpg

1077227-1981832.jpg

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=34256" target="_blank">Abii</a></u> Is there an Iranian version of the 'Bushido'?

In the Achemenid Dynasty time period we had the "companions" (better known as "immortals"). I don't know much about the Bushido, but I think this is as close as it got.

Immortals (Persian Empire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the Sassanid Dynasty era we had the Zhayedan.

Zhayedan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today, the closest thing to a "warrior class" or "the way of the warrior" is zoorkhane (house of strength)
Zurkhaneh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sport%20in%20Iran,%20Zoorkhaneh.jpg

4.jpg

Here's one from LA

Last edited by a moderator:
On the freestyle stage, this was our 4th World Cup title. We still have a lot of catching up to do. The Americans haven't won it since 03, and they probably won't win again anytime soon, but they won so many times in decades past that we have to keep winning to catch up in terms of titles. Same with USSR/Russia, but the Russians are still good unlike the Americans.

On the Greco-Roman front we were never really good until we suddenly won the World Cup in 2010. We won it again in 2011 and again in 2012. Unfortunately we got silver this year. But 3 world cup titles in 4 years for Greco-Roman and 2 free style titles in a row (2011 & 2012) isn't bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom